Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Full Ring (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   Do you guys want a split between micros and low/mid stakes? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=526962)

nation 10-20-2007 01:33 AM

Do you guys want a split between micros and low/mid stakes?

Hey guys,

There's a discussion going on in ATF on whether to split or not here.

In order to get a real idea of whether the split is necessary, we need the full ring members to weigh into the ATF thread. If not, no action will be taken. It would help give us an idea of how many people feel strongly that a split is needed.

-nation

10-20-2007 02:01 AM

Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

toymach776 10-20-2007 02:01 AM

Re: Do you guys want a split between micros and low/mid stakes?

Being that there are so few of us full ringers here on 2+2, I dont believe that a split is that neccessary.
I also enjoy getting advice on hands and strat advice from regs who play at higher stakes than I, and dont always trust advice from people who only play micros.
If some of the higher stakes regs dont like sharing a forum with us micro players then I can understand that. However if they dont mind sharing a forum with us, then Id prefer there be no split.

toymach776 10-20-2007 02:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ya plz also do a split of 9 and 10 handed games...so 3 new forums really, 4 total

9 handed high
9 handed low
10 handed high
10 handed low

[/ QUOTE ]
why? this request seems ridiculous to me?

nation 10-20-2007 02:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ya plz also do a split of 9 and 10 handed games...so 3 new forums really, 4 total

9 handed high
9 handed low
10 handed high
10 handed low

[/ QUOTE ]

haha

Split Suit 10-20-2007 02:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]

9 handed high
9 handed low
10 handed high
10 handed low

[/ QUOTE ]

and probably an AA/KK forum for each of these. i like this for sure

Johnes Benjamin 10-20-2007 02:26 AM

about time somebody brought this up

Windforce 10-20-2007 02:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

9 handed high
9 handed low
10 handed high
10 handed low

[/ QUOTE ]

and probably an AA/KK forum for each of these. i like this for sure

[/ QUOTE ]

+AKs and AKo

five4suited 10-20-2007 02:57 AM

Already voted in that thread.

Wanted to add that I'll mod the small suited connectors and pairs full-ring forum.

ncboiler 10-20-2007 03:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

9 handed high
9 handed low
10 handed high
10 handed low

[/ QUOTE ]
why? this request seems ridiculous to me?

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT FWIW LDO

Cry Me A River 10-20-2007 03:10 AM

Thing is, FRNL is still well behind forums like SSNL and uNL in terms of volume.

While we don't have accurate numbers as far as the popularity of the forums, just looking at the numbers viewing forums at any moment (from the main index) gives us a good idea of the relative sizes.

While FRNL holds its own against other strat forums, it's still easily the smallest of the NLHE forums.

If everyone's clamoring for a split I'm not dead set against it. But I think we're just going to wind up with two small, fragmented forums. When uNL was spun off from SSNL the need was obvious. SSNL was bursting at the seams. This just isn't the case. And immediately after the split, both SSNL and uNL were bigger than FRNL is now.

There were 40 new threads started in FRNL on Friday. If you have your preferences set to show the maximum number of threads per page, that won't even fill half a page.

Limit Texas Hold'em
High Stakes Limit (9 viewing)
Medium Stakes Limit (7 viewing)
Small Stakes Limit (12 viewing)
Micro Stakes Limit (12 viewing)
Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded (5 viewing)
Small Stakes Shorthanded (23 viewing)

PL/NL Texas Hold'em
High Stakes (51 viewing)
Medium Stakes (48 viewing)
Small Stakes (71 viewing)
Micro Stakes (41 viewing)
Full Ring (28 viewing)

Tournament Poker
MTT Strategy (19 viewing)
High Stakes MTT (11 viewing)
MTT Community (26 viewing)
STT Strategy (35 viewing)
Tournament Circuit/WSOP (8 viewing)

Other Poker
Omaha/8 (10 viewing)
Omaha High (11 viewing)
Stud (13 viewing)
Heads Up Poker (7 viewing)
Other Poker Games (5 viewing)

Cry Me A River 10-20-2007 03:17 AM

There were 67 threads started in SSNL on Friday.

There were 88 threads started in uNL on Friday.

There were 40 threads started in FRNL on Friday.

SSNL is probably more than 50% bigger than FRNL and uNL is likely at least double the size.

A better question might be whether uNL should be split...

soah 10-20-2007 03:24 AM

I propose a takeover of HSNL.

Of the few hands actually posted there, most of them are live full ring hands anyway. =p

Mr_Donktastic 10-20-2007 03:48 AM

this was discussed as nauseum a little while back. i'm too lazy to look it up and link it.

WCGRider 10-20-2007 05:02 AM

I support a split forum.

I hate how the 6 max guys get 4 forums, and we are just ghetto full ring. I think the reason about volume isnt really that great, we have enough dedicated posters where i dont see that being a problem.

Sounded Simple 10-20-2007 05:40 AM

Previously I thought a split would have been a good idea, now that Im here a while I'm totally against the idea.

I play microstakes and its not exactly hard to ignore the posts that dont concern micro players.
As long as posters
(A) State the relevant level when posting a hand.
(B) Dont clog threads above their "level" with unqualified advice.
In general I feel that FR posters are fairly good at both of these.

I dont think this needs to be discussed until the volume of posts gets to a stage where its hard to keep up.
Certainly not at this stage yet.

Finally I like this forum as it is. In general most in here are very friendly, its a nice community and a well run forum.
If it aint broke....

holdem2000 10-20-2007 05:54 AM

I would ideally like a FR forum without microstakes, but I don't think we have enough posters yet to support that.

If there is a split I'd suggest taking the MSNL FR to include with the SSNL FR (maybe .50/1nl to 5/10nl?).

nation 10-20-2007 08:00 AM

if it ends up happening the split will be micro as one and everything up as the other.

MadMike 10-20-2007 08:16 AM

No. There is no reason to split as far as I can tell. Certainly no reason in terms of post volume- I can easilly check the forum once or twice a day and read the first two pages and see all the posts.

SimaoMacaco 10-20-2007 08:18 AM

I vote split as i am too lazy to scroll through all the micro posts.

1p0kerboy 10-20-2007 10:01 AM

Part of the reason the forum isn't getting as much traffic:

A lot of the mid-high stakes players don't post here because of all of the noise (2NL-10NL posts).

A lot of the micro-stakes players don't post here because they feel 'inadequate'. I actually had several send me PMs during our last discussion on this topic.

Let's face it: this place is a zoo right now. There are a lot of beginner questions that get asked over and over again. It's gone so far and long that the full ring forum is the universal joke amongst all of the strategy forums. And I'm not saying this to be mean.

NL FULL RING requesting split

Revisiting the Forum Split Idea

Splitting fr

POLL

AceOfClubs 10-20-2007 10:10 AM

Split is agood idea

pattay 10-20-2007 11:15 AM

split it split it split it pleaseeeeee omg a split would be so sexy and awesome and i wanna have babies with whoever will make this happen

canvasbck 10-20-2007 11:54 AM

While we are discussing a split, how about a live play forum? A lot of the B&M players feel like they have no place to post strategy posts and live plays completely different from online.

Mike Kelley 10-20-2007 12:02 PM

Could we get a Stud 8 forum. I would like that.

coordi 10-20-2007 12:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
While we are discussing a split, how about a live play forum? A lot of the B&M players feel like they have no place to post strategy posts and live plays completely different from online.

[/ QUOTE ]

big thinker

B&M forum

LifeTilt 10-20-2007 12:04 PM

Split.

ElectricWaffles 10-20-2007 12:37 PM

I think if the forum is split at NL100 the NL50 posts will suffer.

The forum's not very busy anyway, is there really any need?

Landlord79 10-20-2007 12:53 PM

I'm only at $100NL and I get tired of the noise of the same questions over and over again from the new guys.

On the other hand, we are very low volume, the question is, is it more beneficial to split it and they will come? or are we better left together to keep our numbers up.

I didn't want to split when I was <$50NL, but now that I'm over that hump, it's really hard to dig through the clutter and find the gems. I'm 60% for a split but realize that the new guys need the help too.

Lori 10-20-2007 01:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it's really hard to dig through the clutter and find the gems.

[/ QUOTE ]

Remember that what is clutter to you might be a gem for someone else if you take the 30 seconds to direct them the right way.

Likewise, the people that give you a gem of information might consider your $100 posts clutter... this is how the food chain works on 2+2

Edit: That sounds snottier than I intended. Was just intending to make the point that if nobody helped anyone with "easy" questions, no questions would get answered [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Lori

RiverMustelid 10-20-2007 01:11 PM

I vote no

Again.....

illini43 10-20-2007 01:20 PM

If the forum is split into micro and then everything else and traffic decreases - isn't it easy to just recombine the forums again?

I would think that the traffic might increase a little bit if the forums are split as others have said, but if not - recombining them seems to be a very easy thing to do.

Vehement 10-20-2007 01:36 PM

I support the split, it's too cluttered and I don't feel like posting in Fr and getting advice on how to play a hand from people who don't even play in my limit b/c they are completely different games

BotOnTilt 10-20-2007 01:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Remember that what is clutter to you might be a gem for someone else if you take the 30 seconds to direct them the right way.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't agree, like just recently someone posted a bunch of bad beat stories from NL10 as strategy posts, I'm sure it annoys everyone who reads those threads. Its much rarer to find spam like that at higher limit threads. I certainly understand those non-micro players that want the split. To be honest I think the major reason that I'd hate to have the forum split is that I really like the advice I get from people who play higher. If the forum is split we micro-guys will be stuck with the random noise while we'll probably get less advice from people who play above us - so there is really no upside for us micro-players for a split.

Hklm8383 10-20-2007 02:11 PM

split please

ElectricWaffles 10-20-2007 02:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I don't agree, like just recently someone posted a bunch of bad beat stories from NL10 as strategy posts, I'm sure it annoys everyone who reads those threads. Its much rarer to find spam like that at higher limit threads. I certainly understand those non-micro players that want the split. To be honest I think the major reason that I'd hate to have the forum split is that I really like the advice I get from people who play higher. If the forum is split we micro-guys will be stuck with the random noise while we'll probably get less advice from people who play above us - so there is really no upside for us micro-players for a split.

[/ QUOTE ]

+1

MrBump 10-20-2007 02:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Part of the reason the forum isn't getting as much traffic:

A lot of the mid-high stakes players don't post here because of all of the noise (2NL-10NL posts).

A lot of the micro-stakes players don't post here because they feel 'inadequate'. I actually had several send me PMs during our last discussion on this topic.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that the FR forum is low volume, but disagree as to the reasons why.

I think the main reason is simply that less people play full ring than 6-max. Check out the main blog sites like wordpress and blogspot and browse the poker blogs. - I'd estimate that over 75% of them play only 6-max.

That would also explain why the major video training sites like Cardrunners and Stoxpoker don't offer many FR videos - I'm sure they would if they thought there was enough demand, afer all money talks [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I'm currently a winning player at $25NL and am currently grinding, and moving up the levels.

I always make the effort to clearly put the level I play at in the subject and I really appreciate it if and when I get advice from players like yourself from the higher levels.

I think a forum split would just result in less than half the current traffic in both new forums and then the FR section would definitely be the laughing stock of 2+2!

CalledDownLight 10-20-2007 03:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
split please

[/ QUOTE ]

Give this man his own forum and only let those of us with >15% vpip in it.

Steelerman 10-20-2007 05:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

+1

[/ QUOTE ]

+2

RikaKazak 10-20-2007 05:43 PM

YES PLEASE!!!

If I have to read one more NL25 hand vs. an obvious set asking if they need to fold i'm going to shoot myself.