Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   600NL - I check to induce, and look what happens.. (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=516423)

Mossberg 10-05-2007 05:10 PM

600NL - I check to induce, and look what happens..

villain is 58/21/2 megafish. I have a note saying that he makes big overbet bluffs, and can do so on multiple streets even. Easy fold? Snap call? I'm totally lost. I have to be right a tonne, but otoh I feel dirty folding in this spot given the board + my read on this donk.

Blinds: $3/$6
4 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $392.15
Button: $638.20
SB: $926.95
Hero: $702.30

Pre-flop: (4 players) Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG calls, Button calls, SB folds, Hero checks.

Flop: 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($21, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $15</font>, UTG calls, Button folds.

Turn: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($51, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $42</font>, UTG calls.

River: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($135, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG is all-in $329.15</font>, Hero ________?

uminchu 10-05-2007 05:11 PM

Re: 600NL - I check to induce, and look what happens..

snap call what jack could he have here except jack ten ? i dont see KQ either

Bullitos 10-05-2007 05:19 PM

He's a 58/21, he could have lots of Jx combos here... This usually is a fold, but your read makes this a very tough call. I'm not sure, I'f im running good I call, running bad I fold.

jj12 10-05-2007 05:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
villain is 58/21/2 megafish. I have a note saying that he makes big overbet bluffs

[/ QUOTE ]

insta

dtan05 10-05-2007 05:29 PM

INSTACALLL

Imrahil 10-05-2007 05:30 PM

Call cause of your read. Without it I fold.

Mossberg 10-05-2007 06:06 PM

I called and got owned by JT - a couple buddies on msn told me they think it's a fold, so I needed some confirmation. Thanks for the input guys.

Jamougha 10-05-2007 08:07 PM

I would have bet the river for value.

Mossberg 10-06-2007 02:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I considered it, but decided that this guy would be valuebetting most of the hands he would call a bet with, and I knew that he would turn a busted draw into a bluff a large % of the time (especially on this board when he can rep something). Am I missing something Jam?

thedustbustr 10-06-2007 02:50 AM

it would help to know how you got that read, or if you don't remember why, how specifically applicable your notes are in general.

given how hard it is to call an overbet shove here, i would probably just value bet.

I rebluff you 10-06-2007 02:57 AM

Why didn't you bet the river? Given his stats this is a simple 3barrel and he would've called with junk pair.

Unknown Soldier 10-06-2007 08:05 AM

i'd overbet flop and turn if hes that retarded, and yeah call river (i like c/c).

PrimogenitoX 10-06-2007 09:23 AM

Openshove river for value?

moira 10-06-2007 09:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yes. bet 2/3-3/4 of pot - fold is easier then too, cause u dont seem so weak...

Kirkrrr 10-06-2007 10:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I considered it, but decided that this guy would be valuebetting most of the hands he would call a bet with, and I knew that he would turn a busted draw into a bluff a large % of the time (especially on this board when he can rep something). Am I missing something Jam?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't like a river bet at all, even against a half-witted spew monkey it's just too thin, and the times he decides to bluff-raise with a missed draw and you have a really nasty decision, just not worth it. Given your read I think you have to make the crying call.

Also, given how the hand played out, I don't see anything but a J value-betting the river on his part, either.

Edit: Come to think of it, I like a blocking bet of like 72'ish on the river.
Re-edit: LOL nah, I don't, [censored] it just check and go from there.

Kirk

aditya 10-06-2007 10:23 AM

I'm really surprised at everyone saying call. I think its a really easy fold and I don't even think about it twice.

Mat 10-06-2007 11:10 AM

I'd b/f the river(~85). As played I'd fold, odds are pretty bad. I really don't think he's bluffing enough in this spot, he's representing a draw and he probably doesn't turn too much made hands into a bluff.

Kirkrrr 10-06-2007 11:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd b/f the river(~85). As played I'd fold, odds are pretty bad. I really don't think he's bluffing enough in this spot, he's representing a draw and he probably doesn't turn too much made hands into a bluff.

[/ QUOTE ]

The reason I don't like a blocking bet on the river is because there's very, very few J's Hero could reasonably have, and if Villain has the 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in his hand that eliminates another one, so I'd be afraid of getting bluff-raised if I bet. River could not be more perfect for a missed draw to bluff at, and given description in OP calling seems fine.

Kirk

Jamougha 10-06-2007 01:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The reason I don't like a blocking bet on the river is because there's very, very few J's Hero could reasonably have, and if Villain has the 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in his hand that eliminates another one, so I'd be afraid of getting bluff-raised if I bet. River could not be more perfect for a missed draw to bluff at, and given description in OP calling seems fine.

Kirk

[/ QUOTE ]

I really like your posts in general but you keep assuming people can read hands when they can't.

minnesotasam 10-06-2007 01:47 PM

Yeah I very much agree with Jamougha.. Your HSNL stripes are showing kirk, no way this guy is anywhere near that level of analysis.

Janis N. 10-06-2007 04:01 PM

I call because of your read on big overbet bluffs. Otherwise it's a fold.