Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   College Football Week 4 (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=505784)

NozeCandy 09-20-2007 10:03 PM

College Football Week 4

Didn't see this yet, so......

Anyone else watching Miami beat the hell out of Texas A2M?

Predictions: MSU pwnerizes ND and UM does the same to PSU. Go state of Michigan!

TomCollins 09-20-2007 10:07 PM

Re: College Football Week 4

[ QUOTE ]
Didn't see this yet, so......

Anyone else watching Miami beat the hell out of Texas A2M?

Predictions: MSU pwnerizes ND and UM does the same to PSU. Go state of Michigan!

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL Aggies.

Whoop should become Whoops!

Gregatron 09-20-2007 10:08 PM

Yeah I am watching that game. Two programs I hate, though I like what Miami's HC is trying to do to clean up the program. I would have liked to see Miami lose though as LSU poaches a lot of great talent from that area (like Dwayne Bowe).

Yeah, Miami is looking great, and after seeing what Oklahoma did to them, wow, they must be pretty good (meaning Oklahoma).

Miami is likely a top 25 team though, at least tonite. Great defense.

NozeCandy 09-20-2007 10:12 PM

Texas A2M is completely on purpose, since Miami is sodomizing them.

Gregatron 09-20-2007 10:14 PM

I saw that #11 Lane for TxA&M slap the waterbottle out of some poor trainer kid's hand when he was on the sideline. That was horrible. I hate seeing that kind of thing.

OMG what a hit on that sack. Lane halfassed a block!

NozeCandy 09-20-2007 10:25 PM

That sack was sick.

NozeCandy 09-20-2007 10:25 PM

UPDATE: DOUBLE DIGITS FOR A2M

BobJoeJim 09-20-2007 10:45 PM

That was one of the better plays that didn't matter at all that I've seen in a while. Don't know why they're bothering to review it...

Austiger 09-20-2007 10:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That was one of the better plays that didn't matter at all that I've seen in a while. Don't know why they're bothering to review it...

[/ QUOTE ]

Lots of money riding on it.

BobJoeJim 09-20-2007 11:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Umm, it cut the lead from 24 to 17... the spread was 3. I don't think too much money was riding on it.

highlife 09-20-2007 11:12 PM

Why does UM beat PSU?

Austiger 09-20-2007 11:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Umm, it cut the lead from 24 to 17... the spread was 3. I don't think too much money was riding on it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm, the over/under, 2nd half spread and 2nd half over/under all swung with that play. Check the sports betting forum if you don't think any money was riding on it.

BobJoeJim 09-20-2007 11:41 PM

My mistake, I'm at work so wasn't able to follow along with the halftime lines.

NozeCandy 09-21-2007 04:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why does UM beat PSU?

[/ QUOTE ]
Because I'm from Michigan and UM generally owns PSU even in the best of years for them. Also, Paterno had some quote about how they're going to go in there and play "their game" which, if true, means they aren't spreading [censored] and are trusting Morelli to win the game, which is generally lol against good comp, which Michigan is relative to ND Buffalo and FIU.

einbert 09-21-2007 04:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why does UM beat PSU?

[/ QUOTE ]
Because I'm from Michigan and UM generally owns PSU even in the best of years for them. Also, Paterno had some quote about how they're going to go in there and play "their game" which, if true, means they aren't spreading [censored] and are trusting Morelli to win the game, which is generally lol against good comp, which App St. is relative to Michigan

[/ QUOTE ]

jgunnip 09-21-2007 10:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why does UM beat PSU?

[/ QUOTE ]
Because I'm from Michigan and UM generally owns PSU even in the best of years for them. Also, Paterno had some quote about how they're going to go in there and play "their game" which, if true, means they aren't spreading [censored] and are trusting Morelli to win the game, which is generally lol against good comp, which Michigan is relative to ND Buffalo and FIU.

[/ QUOTE ]

Also Michigan is likely to dominate the LOS and with PSU's youth on the D-Line Mike Hart is going to be able to get 5 yards per. We still don't know who is gonna start at QB for Michigan, but I don't think it matters too much. The key is going to be whether Michigan can get to Morelli in similar fashion as they did last year. If not it could be a big day for Williams and Butler.

NozeCandy 09-21-2007 01:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why does UM beat PSU?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Also Michigan is likely to dominate the LOS and with PSU's youth on the D-Line Mike Hart is going to be able to get 5 yards per. We still don't know who is gonna start at QB for Michigan, but I don't think it matters too much. The key is going to be whether Michigan can get to Morelli in similar fashion as they did last year. If not it could be a big day for Williams and Butler.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, this is huge. Mallett cannot be relied on to win a game yet. He displayed some real nice touch on his TD throws, but was still under 50%, albeit in very limited attempts. Mike Hart needs to get his early and often.

ozyman 09-21-2007 02:02 PM

After starting with the 3 ACC games, BC has 3 out conference games starting with Army this week (followed by UMass and Bowling Green). Historically under O'Brien, they blew a very winnable game each year so hopefully won't overlook Army and take care of business.

jgunnip 09-21-2007 06:10 PM

some message board dude who supposedly works for ESPN claims Chad Henne won't even dress for the game. In a way, I think the rest of the team will play better with Mallet at QB since they know they have to play better when he's in there. I'm cautiously optimistic for tomorrow and boiling over with anticipation. This is such big game for both teams but I think a loss is much more devastating for psu.

BobJoeJim 09-21-2007 08:07 PM

"UCLA quarterback Ben Olson has been ruled out of Saturday's game against Washington due to lingering headaches and nausea suffered after the Bruins' 44-6 loss to Utah last Saturday."

LOL, I would be nauseous too.

SuperUberBob 09-21-2007 09:39 PM

PSU's winning plan:

1. Stack eight in the box every play
2. Stop Mike Hart
3. ???
4. Profit

-----

It definitely won't be easy, but I think PSU takes this game.

BobJoeJim 09-21-2007 10:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
PSU's winning plan:

2. Stop Mike Hart
3. ???
4. Profit

-----

[/ QUOTE ]
If they can pull off #2 it very well *might* be easy...

Pinchot 09-21-2007 10:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
some message board dude who supposedly works for ESPN claims Chad Henne won't even dress for the game. In a way, I think the rest of the team will play better with Mallet at QB since they know they have to play better when he's in there. I'm cautiously optimistic for tomorrow and boiling over with anticipation. This is such big game for both teams but I think a loss is much more devastating for psu.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the Henne thing was mainly BS. Dude was up in the box last week with his leg immobilized. Now he's gonna play this week? I don't see it. And if he was really going to play do you think Lloyd would announce it?

This game scares me a lot. PSU tends to go into a shell on the road and play very conservatively. As others have pointed out, Hart vs. our front 7 is the key to this game. Hopefully Tom Bradley will keep rotating our DL and keep our guys fresh.

Andrew Quarless's return is a HUGE factor for PSU. He's easily PSU's best playmaker and Morelli's safety blanket. He's also a far better blocker than Mickey Shuler/whatever goat roper we trot out at TE.

Gregatron 09-22-2007 10:40 AM

Morning bump with an update.

It looks like Matt Flynn will start for LSU today against South Carolina. He sprained his ankle against VT a couple of weeks ago and missed last week's game against MTSU.

I don't think we lose much with sophomore Ryan Perrilloux at QB -- he played pretty well last week. Perrilloux (VERY highly recruited prospect) is just as good overall, but adds variance, whereas Flynn is going to be more consistent (though when Perrilloux and Flynn are both at their best, Perrilloux is better). All in all, starting Flynn is better, given that the Tigers are more talented.

EDIT: Early Doucet will miss today's game though. He could be back next week against Tulane.

TruFloridaGator 09-22-2007 11:04 AM

I think Blake Mitchell/LSU D is too much, we should see a bunch of turnovers. USCe's D will play tough though.

31 LSU
10 USCe

TruFloridaGator 09-22-2007 11:30 AM

An altercation with police took place at a bar on College Ave. in Tallahassee, where Geno Hayes and Joe Surratt were arrested.
Police had to use a taser on Hayes in order to subdue him. Surratt attempted to intervene, and was told to remove himself from the situation. He would not and continued the altercation with TPD.

FSU is already in trouble vs the bye week but losing Geno Hayes for any length of time would hurt especially vs Bama next week.

Riverman 09-22-2007 11:46 AM

I don't get the Russel Crowe thing at all.

TruFloridaGator 09-22-2007 11:52 AM

Yeah, pretty gay.

TruFloridaGator 09-22-2007 12:01 PM

Damn hott ass USF girls

barryc83 09-22-2007 12:02 PM

Jesus, the sane guy (although I dont always agree with him) picks the upset and the whackjob picks Bama. I dont know what to think.

TruFloridaGator 09-22-2007 12:04 PM

lol @ Grothe > Tebow shirt.

This USF/UNC should be a pretty good game actually.

DAMN HOT ASS USF GIRLS

MacGuyV 09-22-2007 12:06 PM

TD Cuse! Holla balla

dkgojackets 09-22-2007 12:11 PM

GT up 7-0 already

dkgojackets 09-22-2007 12:16 PM

But the defense still sucks

7-7

barryc83 09-22-2007 12:27 PM

is there a site to watch the GT game on?

TomCollins 09-22-2007 12:27 PM

LOL Louisville. Get a defense morans.

damaniac 09-22-2007 12:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
PSU's winning plan:

2. Stop Mike Hart
3. ???
4. Profit

-----

[/ QUOTE ]
If they can pull off #2 it very well *might* be easy...

[/ QUOTE ]

Easier said than done (though possible). But you still have Anthony Morelli vs. himself. Could be an ugly game.

dkgojackets 09-22-2007 12:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
is there a site to watch the GT game on?

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't try to find one. Their defense looks like wet toilet paper. May get ugly.

MyTurn2Raise 09-22-2007 12:50 PM

RUN THE BALL ZOOK!

barryc83 09-22-2007 12:53 PM

lol @ WVU bimbos, did you guys sees those 2 hos when they were talking about tailgating?