Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Bonuses (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Full Tilt medals (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=387851)

jkpoker 04-25-2007 04:44 AM

Full Tilt medals

I couldn't find a thread discussing what was the best purchase for the full tilt medals.

In my opinion the low 26$ tickets where prolly the best option.

However i play sit and goes all day long so this seems like almost a waste for me.

I was wondering what people thought the best options where which ones are best against mgr etc etc.

I was also wondering what if any of the items goes against your mgr.

And if there are like 5 of these posts already just call me stupid and point me in the right direction.

deuces allin 04-25-2007 07:35 AM

Re: Full Tilt medals

i think i agree with your $26 token option. It does not count against your MGR as long as the tourney you use it for has no overlay.

second option is trading for the 5000 full tilt points....you won't get a MGR hit right away with this, but it will come out of your MGR when you spend the full tilt points.

Or you could do what I am doing, and save them and hope Full Tilt adds some better stuff in the future.

Suigin406 04-25-2007 09:04 AM

yea, i would think the 26 tokens seem like the best value as there is rarely any overlay in those tournies (i think), trading it for 5K points isn't too bad, but eventually that will hit the MGR...i too am saving mine in case they add some good stuff later on...asking full tilt about that hasn't yielded anything though...

jkpoker 04-25-2007 05:51 PM

ya thats the way i was leaning.

Im thinking of saving for the points to get the 24" moniter.

Back when they first put the medals in FTPdoug was saying something about the bonus' hitting your mgr different or something.

Was wondering if anyone had done the bonus to see how it affects mgr or if its treated just like a normal bonus.

Suigin406 04-25-2007 06:04 PM

^^wow, if the medals were traded in and the bonus counted against the MGR, man, i can't imagine that's the case...

zook 04-26-2007 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
^^wow, if the medals were traded in and the bonus counted against the MGR, man, i can't imagine that's the case...

[/ QUOTE ]
That is the case. Doug confirmed it somewhere. You trade your medals in for the $300 bonus, that's $300 deducted from your MGR.

Suigin406 04-26-2007 05:45 PM

^^wow, i'm having a hard time believing this, not to say i don't take ur word for it, but seems pretty brutal for people who want this option...

Daemond 04-26-2007 11:27 PM

I'm really sorry if my question is stupid - but I've never heard of FTP medals though play there for quite a long time. Please, explain what does it mean and what can they be used for?

Thank you beforehand, Daemond.

kidpokeher 04-27-2007 01:58 AM

Go into the cashier window, click on My Promotions, then click on the Iron Man page.

Daemond 04-27-2007 02:26 AM

thank you

Suigin406 04-27-2007 08:27 AM

^^jeez, that's bad luck dae, i remember this happened to me for the first few weeks, all my default otpions were set to the freerolls, so i lost out on some medals because of that...hopefully u get the settings straight...

jkpoker 04-27-2007 07:25 PM

ya BTW FT medal promo is still semi new so you havent missed out for to overly long.

fluorescenthippo 04-29-2007 05:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ya BTW FT medal promo is still semi new so you havent missed out for to overly long.

[/ QUOTE ]

how lng has it been going on? this is my first month getting medals

BradleyT 04-29-2007 11:09 PM

I think March was the first month.

Slim Pickens 04-30-2007 07:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

how lng has it been going on? this is my first month getting medals

[/ QUOTE ]

They did back-calculate your "# of months in" from fairly far back. Sucks I had no reason to care about actually making an Ironman level every single month, although it would have been trivial if I'd cared to do it.

Suigin406 04-30-2007 07:32 PM

email to FT was returned saying there are no current plans to upgrade the store in the near future, so i guess i may just use them now...

oober 04-30-2007 08:59 PM

Question, is the 300$ bonus just a bonus, or is it cash in hand? It would seem kind of pointless if it was subject to same rules as a deposit bonus...

A hit to the MGR for spending the medals and then a hit to your MGR everytime you clear an increment of the bonus

Suigin406 05-01-2007 08:05 AM

oober, i think it was mentioned that ftpdoug said the bonus cash would not have to be cleared like a deposit one, but that it does deduct from the MGR like a deposit bonus...

BigBiceps 05-01-2007 03:06 PM

So far I have got 2 $26 tokens, and a $75 token.

Net results from the 3 tournaments: $0.

oober 05-01-2007 04:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
oober, i think it was mentioned that ftpdoug said the bonus cash would not have to be cleared like a deposit one, but that it does deduct from the MGR like a deposit bonus...

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I definately dont mind that. Thx. Even being a RB player is still not too bad of hit.

billxo1b 05-01-2007 06:07 PM

how is the bonus cash cleared, same rate as the deposit bonus?

Suigin406 05-01-2007 07:27 PM

^^the bonus cash isn't something u have to clear, it's given to u in a lump sum...it still however is taken out of ur MGR 100%

AmonRaa 05-02-2007 04:42 AM

Is 100 medals most you can earn in one month (it increases with months) or is 100 medals per 200 points in 25 days...ie. if you get 1000 points in a day for 25 days you'd get 500 medals?

Suigin406 05-02-2007 07:03 AM

^^amon, now the max medals per month is based on how many months ur in the iron man challenge...

i'll take myself as an example, i'm in the challenge for 2 months now and I made iron, so I received 120 medals because i was able to play 25 days of 200 pts...i also opted for the bonus medals instead of the freeroll, so u get the base (month 1) amount for whatever you were that month, so i got another 100 medals for iron...

ex... 13 months + iron = 300 max u can earn a month and then u have to decide whether u want the freeroll or the bonus medals...

http://www.fulltiltpoker.com/iron-man-challenge/

00Snitch 05-02-2007 08:59 AM

Sorry for the noob question, but what is "overlay" on a tourney? And can you use the tokes for regular tournies or just sngs?

Suigin406 05-02-2007 09:28 AM

^^00, overlay is the amount the poker site puts up to reach the guaranteed prize pool, if there is one...

example...full tilt has gauranteed tournies with prize pools...say if it's 200K, if the amount of buyins from people only reaches 130K, full tilt will put in the remaining 70K to reach the gaurantee and this is the overlay amount...it applies to some smaller tournies also...

00Snitch 05-02-2007 09:52 AM

ty suigin

krazyace5 05-02-2007 04:49 PM

Also they have a wsop promo right now, if you get 3000 points a week you can play in the freeroll or get 75 medals.

FTPSean 05-02-2007 05:15 PM

http://tinyurl.com/3a96yv

For your reference, you may wish to check out the above thread for an earlier discussion about Iron Man Store purchases.

I wish to correct some incorrect information regarding the behavior of the cash bonuses that may be purchased via the Iron Man Store.

A bonus purchased from the Iron Man Store is not instantly released in a lump sum. Instead, the bonus is placed in your bonus account, and must be released incrementally like the 100% initial deposit bonus. Iron Man Store bonuses are released in 10% increments, or $20, whichever is greater. Iron Man Store bonus amounts will be deducted from your MGR.

However, unlike our other bonuses, an Iron Man Store bonus never expires; take as much time as you need to earn the required points to release the entirety of your bonus.

Also, to clarify something that Oober mentioned earlier in this thread, spending medals at the Iron Man Store does NOT affect your MGR directly. The only way your MGR may be affected due to an Iron Man Store purchase is if you buy one of the two bonuses.

Sean

Suigin406 05-02-2007 06:30 PM

^^oops, sorry then, i thought the bonus counted against u, but didn't have to be cleared like the usual ones...

sheesh, makes that bonus award look cruddy

as for spending the medals and effects on the MGR, u said direct, so i'm guessing that if it's used for points, then when u use the points, it will still count...guess that's what u meant...

William 05-02-2007 10:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
^^wow, i'm having a hard time believing this, not to say i don't take ur word for it, but seems pretty brutal for people who want this option...

[/ QUOTE ]

Remember that not everybody has RB. Far from it. To them it's free.

hime 05-03-2007 07:49 PM

FTPSean: Does bonus stack now?

jkpoker 05-04-2007 02:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
http://tinyurl.com/3a96yv

For your reference, you may wish to check out the above thread for an earlier discussion about Iron Man Store purchases.)

I wish to correct some incorrect information regarding the behavior of the cash bonuses that may be purchased via the Iron Man Store.

A bonus purchased from the Iron Man Store is not instantly released in a lump sum. Instead, the bonus is placed in your bonus account, and must be released incrementally like the 100% initial deposit bonus. Iron Man Store bonuses are released in 10% increments, or $20, whichever is greater. Iron Man Store bonus amounts will be deducted from your MGR.

However, unlike our other bonuses, an Iron Man Store bonus never expires; take as much time as you need to earn the required points to release the entirety of your bonus.

Also, to clarify something that Oober mentioned earlier in this thread, spending medals at the Iron Man Store does NOT affect your MGR directly. The only way your MGR may be affected due to an Iron Man Store purchase is if you buy one of the two bonuses.

Sean

[/ QUOTE ]

Thx for the link and for clearing up things Sean. Glad to get everything explained. The bonus is still not bad even though you take the mgr hit. Unless theres something in the store i really want ill prolly end up doing that i sappose.

Don't sappose if you happen to get a reload while clearing a bonus from the iron man store the new bonus would clear first due to it expiring. (I know its very unlikely [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] )

EnderFFX 05-04-2007 10:46 AM

Actually when I was doing the PPA bonus and got offered a bonus from FTP they both cleared at the same time. (Sweet!) Dunno if that would be the case?

jkpoker 05-05-2007 01:26 AM

it would be cool if they did we take the mgr hit either way

DJSHAD0W 05-07-2007 03:28 PM

is it possible to transfer 26$ tokens to another player on FT? (either someone who doesnt have rakeback or just has a higher EV in the 24+2 MTTs)

Fidodell 05-15-2007 04:56 AM

Sorry I am still unclear about the bonus situation. If you have RB and purchase a bonus you said 100% hit against your MGR? does that mean -$600 or $600 X 27% = -$162 meaning you can still profit $438 off the bonus??

Suigin406 05-15-2007 07:21 AM

^^fidodell, it means that if ur MGR is 2000 and u purchase the 600 bonus, when u finish clearing the bonus, it will deduct 600 from whatever total MGR u had for the month, and after that deduction from the MGR, u take 27% of the final MGR as ur RB...

Jugador 05-16-2007 10:51 AM

so yes what fidodell said