Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Beginners Questions (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Announcing... The Weekly Game! (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=526194)

basementproject 10-18-2007 10:58 PM

Announcing... The Weekly Game!

Ok y'all. It's finalized. Every Sunday and Monday night @ 10 EST sharp, at the Stars 2NL tables, will be the 2+2 Beginners Forum weekly game.

Starts this coming Sunday.

How do we know where to meet up?

At around five to ten I'll post the table location in this thread, and we go from there!

jmitchell42 10-18-2007 11:00 PM

Re: Announcing... The Weekly Game!

sounds good. if i am not working either of those nights, i will be there. hopefull a bunch of us will. that was a lot of work you put in, thanks and nice job!
James

RyverRat 10-18-2007 11:07 PM

good work on organising the game. i unfortunately cant make those times as im in the wrong timezone. have fun.

Boise123 10-19-2007 01:12 AM

Same deal Monday night?

basementproject 10-19-2007 02:26 AM

Yeap. Sunday @ 10 and Monday @ 10.

JanelleBB7 10-19-2007 03:06 AM

Great job James! I setup a PLO game for this Sunday as well but it is not definate on whether it will continue to be a weekly occurance.

However, I will plug it here. Hope that's ok with you James [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]!

There will be a PLO game on PokerStars which will be 2PM Eastern Time this Sunday for anyone interested in PLO. It is a great game if you want to give it a try. [ I know it is during the Football game LOL I did that on purpose -- sorry ] I have it on early because there are so many Non-American players in PLO. [ Ryverrat you can come to the PLO game since you can't make it to the late Holdem game ]

We will be playing $5PLO. I will announce the table 5 minutes before like James is doing for Holdem. This will not interfere with the Holdem game since it is early on Sunday.

crystalallen 10-19-2007 07:30 AM

Is this a setup? To get all the fish in one place at one time?

kidding!.... (beginner)

basementproject 10-19-2007 12:14 PM

ehe... yep! Fishiest 2NL game ever. lol

Actually by 2NL standards, this game will probably be like top-10 pro caliber. Go 2+2!

SellingtheDrama 10-19-2007 12:21 PM

hmmm I may just have to cameo this game [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

gregorio 10-19-2007 12:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is this a setup? To get all the fish in one place at one time?

kidding!.... (beginner)

[/ QUOTE ]
We should also get a beginners headsup game running, but because the rake eats up so much, playing HU is pointless at low stakes, so the beginners HU game will have to be at $100/200. Great learning experience for anyone who has never played HU before.

basementproject 10-19-2007 12:58 PM

I actually suggested the 100/200 game, but most replied that stakes so small just waste their time.

Oh well.

basementproject 10-20-2007 04:17 AM

bump for publicity before Sunday

JereLock 10-20-2007 02:12 PM

Just for clarification, 2nl is .01/.02 blinds?

I'll be there!

TheChad 10-20-2007 02:35 PM

haha, this should be fun! (can I invite the ssnl'ers to flame us all?)

Windforce 10-20-2007 03:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
haha, this should be fun! (can I invite the ssnl'ers to open shove us all?)

[/ QUOTE ]

basementproject 10-20-2007 06:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
(can I invite the ssnl'ers to flame us all?)

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey- I already did!

haha

checkmate36 10-20-2007 07:38 PM

The BBV players will invade and push every hand. Think of all the FPP's we will earn. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

gotmarc 10-20-2007 07:51 PM

What do you plan to do in this game? Are you trying to help newbies as you're playing or siphon their bankroll two pennies at a time?

Doyle Brunson says he built a small bankroll buy playing two cent auction bridge when he first went broke in Vegas. Is this what you're trying to do? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

GinaSD 10-20-2007 08:30 PM

dang, wish we were having one tonight too.

basementproject 10-20-2007 09:09 PM

lol just so y'all know this game is gonna be as legit as possible.

If BBV invades there's nothing we can really do to stop them, but I'd imagine most of them have better things to do than play $2NL.

JSmith2007 10-20-2007 10:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol just so y'all know this game is gonna be as legit as possible.

If BBV invades there's nothing we can really do to stop them, but I'd imagine most of them have better things to do than play $2NL.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's an understatement.

PJo336 10-20-2007 11:22 PM

Do we have to be beginners to play?

basementproject 10-20-2007 11:55 PM

No.

If you are a 400NL player and want to play in our Beginners Forum 2NL game, feel free by all means.

PJo336 10-21-2007 03:18 AM

swweeeet im down

pzhon 10-21-2007 04:18 AM

From past such games, it's good to note that

[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] These are not connected with the 2+2 company.
[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] The presence of excellent winninng players at higher stakes usually makes games like this incredibly fishy, since the amusement value of snapping off a bluff with 9-high, trapping the table for 20 BB preflop, 1 BB at a time, and the absurd PokerTracker results for this stake level are worth more than the money lost.
[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] It's a good rule to say that everyone is expected to show hands. This increases the entertainment and learning value. It's annoying when some people are showing and some people are not cooperating.

I'm not sure if I will be able to play, but it's +EV to tag everyone as 2+2-ers who can be bluffed cheaply with minimum raises.

bobbyi 10-21-2007 04:44 PM

I added a sticky to help you get some publicity for your games.

klezmaniac 10-21-2007 05:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] It's a good rule to say that everyone is expected to show hands. This increases the entertainment and learning value. It's annoying when some people are showing and some people are not cooperating.

[/ QUOTE ]

Show EVERY hand?

--klez

basementproject 10-21-2007 09:32 PM

Hey bobby- thanks for the sticky.

And pzhon, thanks for the tips. Not really worried about the presence of HS players messing around, as this is purely for fun. Thanks!

Jeff_B 10-21-2007 09:46 PM

is this just people dicking around or we talking strategy?
if talkign strat anyone want to trade 10 ub or something for stars cash?

basementproject 10-21-2007 09:53 PM

We'll be talking strat, all players willing. No telling who's going to sit down, though.

I'd trade but cashed out of UB when the AP news came out.

basementproject 10-21-2007 10:03 PM

Anybody who's playing-

0.01/0.02 table Gallia

say something 2+2 related when you sit so we can differentiate 2+2ers from regular joes.

JereLock 10-21-2007 10:16 PM

table doesn't exist in my lobby :\

basementproject 10-21-2007 10:18 PM

You have table filter on?

It's a 9 seat game. Gallia. 2NL.

There's 4 of us here

Surprise 10-21-2007 11:08 PM

That was good stuff. I finished up 1.25 BI [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. Only one suggestion for next time is start at a 6 max table and move over to a full ring game if there is enough people. Thanks for setting this up, and I'll try to play these when I have time.

pzhon 10-22-2007 12:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Show EVERY hand?

[/ QUOTE ]
In many past online games among 2+2-ers, the winners showed most of the time. Showing when you fold was not required, but was also done often. This makes even a blind-steal interesting, and it is reassuring to the players who are not used to the level of aggression (larger pots with fewer showdowns) brought by the higher stakes players.

Some players play as well as they can, while some intentionally play like fish. It's all good. Any equity you give up by showing your hands will be returned 50-fold by the poor play of people who don't care, and the educational value.

A common way to run this type of game is to set up a private table, and to post the password on the forums.

basementproject 10-22-2007 12:58 AM

The game went great tonight, there were 5 of us playing and it was a ton of fun. Went from 10:00PM-1:00AM EST.

At times, it was a learning experience. Although ever so slightly. I do suggest everyone trying to make it out, as it's great to just meet other players and hack around.

Tomorrow night we'll try it again!

GinaSD 10-22-2007 01:16 AM

yup, it was fun. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

(and I won six bucks- yay!)

DingusMcgee 10-22-2007 02:33 AM

I'll try my best to make next week's table. Thanks for setting it up.

jmitchell42 10-22-2007 05:04 AM

wish i could've made the first game, but i worked until about 4:30 EST. i am off tom...today though and will try to make it.

basementproject 10-22-2007 09:37 PM

Anybody planning on playing the game tonight?