Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Show your support (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=395)

[censored] 10-04-2005 03:58 AM

Show your support

In an effort to give back, I sent Mat a PM offering to ban 3 people of my choosing per month.

It may help if he saw how much support there would be for my OOT rejuvinication plan. Post your support below.

Note-If you are likely to be subject to said banning then your opinion doesn't matter and nobody cares what you think, so don't bother posting.

PoBoy321 10-04-2005 03:59 AM

Re: Show your support

It depends on your choices. I can definitely think of at least 3 people who deserve to be banned. If they're good choices, which they probably are, I'll support you.

justbob 10-04-2005 04:00 AM

go [censored] yourself

short, concise, and very quotable

rJ_ 10-04-2005 04:02 AM

Thinman please.

rJ

[censored] 10-04-2005 04:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It depends on your choices. I can definitely think of at least 3 people who deserve to be banned. If they're good choices, which they probably are, I'll support you.

[/ QUOTE ]

of course they would be good choices and the people would be free to start over with a clean slate, now knowing they need to work on some things. It's a win win really.

irishpint 10-04-2005 04:04 AM

thinman
indiana
jakethebake

klepto 10-04-2005 04:04 AM

i think you should make a poll every month of the three people you want banned, and then let us decide as a whole.

then mat will see if the people really are hated by everyone, and will make his decision.

Clayton 10-04-2005 04:05 AM

You came back to post this naive bull [censored]?

daryn 10-04-2005 04:05 AM

i would actually be in favor of giving you full ban powers, just ban whoever whenever.

Clayton 10-04-2005 04:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i would actually be in favor of giving you full ban powers, just ban whoever whenever.

[/ QUOTE ]

i am so very confused.

justbob 10-04-2005 04:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i am so very confused.

[/ QUOTE ]

daryn's support does not change the fact that [censored] is a childish douchebag who's daddy obviously didn't love him.

[censored] 10-04-2005 04:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You came back to post this naive bull [censored]?

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't very well start painting masterpieces if the walls are peeling now can I?

NLSoldier 10-04-2005 04:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

El Diablo 10-04-2005 05:15 AM

Finally a good idea around here. Ban away, baby.

justbob 10-04-2005 05:36 AM

Let me just clarify something here. If a poster behaves in an inappropriate manner or posts something deemed offensive by the T&C, they are either banned or warned, depending on the severity of the offence. Correct? Seems pretty fair to me.

Now what you’re proposing here, is that on top of that, any particular poster that you find either unfunny or uninteresting, or for what ever reason just rubs you the wrong way, will be banned and embarrassed at the end of each and every month?

Do you plan on revoking their privilege to post and respond in the strategy forums as well?

How do you think Mason would feel about you cutting down his traffic simply because a poster doesn’t suit your palette?

Honestly, I have lurked here for a while and have noticed you continually displaying this level of immaturity and blatant trolling. It almost seems as if you get your kicks from pretending you’re somehow superior to others. It really is sad, and despite my earlier comments, I feel sorry that you need to live your life this way.

NLSoldier 10-04-2005 05:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Now what you’re proposing here, is that on top of that, any particular poster that you find either unfunny or uninteresting, or for what ever just rubs you the wrong way, will be banned and embarrassed at the end of each and every month?

[/ QUOTE ]

damn straight.

NLSoldier 10-04-2005 05:40 AM

happy bday dude.

[censored] 10-04-2005 05:44 AM

See this is an awesome example of why this idea rules so much. Here bob has voiced a negative opinion of me three times. Yet guess what, while he is clearly wrong in this case, his posts don't usually suck - so no banning. I'm firm but fair.

Mostly I see myself as strict but loving father figure who 3 times per month will be taking some posters to the woodshed.

Also it seems there is some significant interest it opening it up beyond 3. Hopefully Mat takes that into account.

siccjay 10-04-2005 05:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
See this is an awesome example of why this idea rules so much. Here bob has voiced a negative opinion of me three times. Yet guess what, while he is clearly wrong in this case, his posts don't usually suck - so no banning. I'm firm but fair.

Mostly I see myself as strict but loving father figure who 3 times per month will be taking some posters to the woodshed.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you now.

Stupid posters don't matter too much though. Sometimes it is fun to make fun of them. Sometimes it is good to know that there are people out there that are much dumber than you.

Dave G. 10-04-2005 05:58 AM

I call BS. This thread has to be a joke of some sort. Good one guys.

Stuey 10-04-2005 06:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Note-If you are likely to be subject to said banning then your opinion doesn't matter and nobody cares what you think, so don't bother posting.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have days that I feel I fall into that catagory. But I think it is a good idea, the threat of the banning might make me clean up my act. As I know you would lower to boom on me or anyone if they were out of line.

Give him the power Mat.

<font color="white"> I only replied to this cuz lots of people are going to read this stupid thread and they should all go vote for forest. </font>

daryn 10-04-2005 06:14 AM

ATTENTION, NOBODY VOTE FOR FORREST. I AM GONNA GET ALL MY FRIENDS TO VOTE FOR THE RIVAL AND RIG THIS ELECTION.

REPEAT DO NOT VOTE FOR FORREST

oh, and this thread is no joke. i really wish [censored] would start banning mofos. without naming names, there are a few guys you could ban and it would clear up a lot of BS

jason_t 10-04-2005 06:20 AM

Please make it more than 3.

El Diablo 10-04-2005 06:27 AM

Well, the fact that he can't see how great an idea this is probably indicates that it probably wouldn't hurt to go ahead and ban bob. Man, whoever was talking about this the other day was right, these bobs really do like having their name in handles.

NLSoldier 10-04-2005 06:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, the fact that he can't see how great an idea this is probably indicates that it probably wouldn't hurt to go ahead and ban bob. Man, whoever was talking about this the other day was right, these bobs really do like having their name in handles.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

El Diablo 10-04-2005 06:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Now what you’re proposing here, is that on top of that, any particular poster that you find either unfunny or uninteresting, or for what ever reason just rubs you the wrong way, will be banned and embarrassed at the end of each and every month?

[/ QUOTE ]

That is pretty much how I understand the proposal, yes.

[ QUOTE ]
Do you plan on revoking their privilege to post and respond in the strategy forums as well?

[/ QUOTE ]

I assume so.

[ QUOTE ]
How do you think Mason would feel about you cutting down his traffic simply because a poster doesn’t suit your palette?

[/ QUOTE ]

Mason would love it because the forums would improve significantly and would become much more attractive to a much broader group of users.

[ QUOTE ]
Honestly, I have lurked here for a while and have noticed you continually displaying this level of immaturity and blatant trolling.

[/ QUOTE ]

If by "immaturity and blatant trolling" you mean "great idea" then I agree.

mslif 10-04-2005 07:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

jakethebake 10-04-2005 08:00 AM

Another BusterStacks plan. Just what we need. Besides didn't we already go through a [censored] mass banning when he was Jeremy?

The DaveR 10-04-2005 10:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Also it seems there is some significant interest it opening it up beyond 3. Hopefully Mat takes that into account.

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't the actual number up to like 53 now?

RunDownHouse 10-04-2005 10:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Me too. Good luck though. I asked for this a while back and got nowhere, but maybe you'll make more headway since you're better recognized.

Oh, and a big veto on polling the forum to decide who should be banned. There's a reason forums run as democracies suck.

MattSuspect 10-04-2005 10:12 AM

Excellent idea that may need a little improvement. It's a good starting point. Huzzah!

Richard Tisor 10-04-2005 10:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Tony_P 10-04-2005 10:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]

If by "immaturity and blatant trolling" you mean "great idea" then I agree.

[/ QUOTE ]

I laughed.

El Diablo 10-04-2005 11:30 AM

With this level of broad support, I can't imagine this not being a go!!!

jakethebake 10-04-2005 11:34 AM

All I can say is, it's truly amazing how quickly everyone has forgotten that when [censored] was a mod (Jeremy) he single-handedly created the biggest popular uproar we've seen in 00T. Now I like [censored] ok. I'm just not sure we need that again. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

MattSuspect 10-04-2005 11:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
All I can say is, it's truly amazing how quickly everyone has forgotten that when [censored] was a mod (Jeremy) he single-handedly created the biggest popular uproar we've seen in 00T. Now I like [censored] ok. I'm just not sure we need that again. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

The uproar was the best part!!

Los Feliz Slim 10-04-2005 11:40 AM

Would obsession with ejaculation and ejaculation-related issues subject someone to banning? Because that's gotten real old, real fast.

JaBlue 10-04-2005 11:41 AM

Jake is afraid to get banned and lose his ginormous post count

bosoxfan 10-04-2005 11:44 AM

Will you ban yourself?

MattSuspect 10-04-2005 11:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Would obsession with ejaculation and ejaculation-related issues subject someone to banning? Because that's gotten real old, real fast.

[/ QUOTE ]

I cringe at almost every sex post on here. No offense to those who post them, but they are lame.