Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   acquaintance owes me money (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=531883)

peatr999 10-26-2007 12:15 PM

acquaintance owes me money

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showth...=0#Post12661601
similar to this thread except a little more serious and I am at a loss at what to do that this point.

This person has been my friend in the past but things have been less friendly as I moved 90 miles away. He owes me $1500 for the last 9 months promising to pay it back every time I see him.

2 weeks ago he writes me a couple post dated checks for $250 each as a sign that he intends to pay me back.

I was happy until both were NSF and I got charged a fee. I got the checks returned.

$1500 is not small enough for me to let slip by, I am not a baller like some of you

Interesting note, he is now a reserve police officer in my old hometown.

luckyjimm 10-26-2007 12:24 PM

Re: acquaintance owes me money

Don't try to get your money, unless you want to get pulled over by traffic cops every day for the rest of your life

peatr999 10-26-2007 12:26 PM

i don't live in my hometown anymore and never plan to again

Conspire 10-26-2007 12:31 PM

Long distance relationships never work out.

scpi10 10-26-2007 12:37 PM

take him to court

brianpower 10-26-2007 12:37 PM

Is there such a thing as "small claims court" in the US?

Or just post the [censored] a bill, with some warning that you'll be forced to bring leagal proceddings against him.

The fact that he's a wannabe cop should make it easier for you to get the money back not harder. You're not living in a police state (yet) ffs.

luckyjimm 10-26-2007 12:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i don't live in my hometown anymore and never plan to again

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but your pal's Masonic lodge are everywhere

luckyjimm 10-26-2007 12:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is there such a thing as "small claims court" in the US?

Or just post the [censored] a bill, with some warning that you'll be forced to bring leagal proceddings against him.

The fact that he's a wannabe cop should make it easier for you to get the money back not harder. You're not living in a police state (yet) ffs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bring Seagal proceddings against him

http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/3856/seagal1zu2.jpg

DonkeyKing 10-26-2007 01:04 PM

small claims court his @$$ or just pour sugar in the gas tank of his vehicle (assuming it hasn't been repo'd)

Suigin406 10-26-2007 01:08 PM

same advice as in that thread should be given here...

sleep with his mom

dlorc 10-26-2007 01:12 PM

http://youtube.com/watch?v=pQC4kwkcMwY

This is still the only correct answer.

Logun 10-26-2007 01:15 PM

In Canada there is some way (I don't know how, never done it) to put a standing order on the cheques (costs like $15 or so) and the bank will withdrawal the money from his account as soon as it is there

peatr999 10-26-2007 01:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In Canada there is some way (I don't know how, never done it) to put a standing order on the cheques (costs like $15 or so) and the bank will withdrawal the money from his account as soon as it is there

[/ QUOTE ]

anyone know about this in massachusetts? i like this idea a lot

peatr999 10-26-2007 01:41 PM

BTW is the judge gonna care that this is related to online poker? maybe courts not such a great idea

Ganjasaurus Rex 10-26-2007 01:51 PM

Tell all his police buddies that he's gay and he only wanted to join up so he could take showers with guys who wear uniforms.

Freaky J 10-26-2007 02:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
small claims court his @$$ or just pour sugar in the gas tank of his vehicle (assuming it hasn't been repo'd)

[/ QUOTE ]

sugar in the gas tank doesn't wreck anything. i saw it on myth busters

peatr999 10-26-2007 03:30 PM

tell that to my neighbor who had his car ruined by sugar

NorthernGuy 10-26-2007 03:38 PM

You can go to the police, since writing cheques that bounce is fraud. Usually it's written off as a mistake when the guilty party pays off the amount and the service charge, but if he hasn't, it's fraud. Bring it in to the station where he works, or at least threaten him that you're taking it there and see if he doesn't pay up to keep them from knowing.

Small Claims Court is another option, and you have the evidence of a debt, since he wrote you cheques to pay some off it off.

peatr999 10-26-2007 04:46 PM

is this real serious? or would his cop buddies say, "oh yeah we'll take care if it", then laugh behind my back and slap this kid a high five

KhalynYohrk 10-26-2007 05:04 PM

Maybe take his mother hostage and threaten to take her out to a delicious seafood dinner and never call her back.

sightless 10-26-2007 05:07 PM

tell him that you are about to sell his debt to someone:/

NajdorfDefense 10-26-2007 05:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You can go to the police, since writing cheques that bounce is fraud. Usually it's written off as a mistake when the guilty party pays off the amount and the service charge, but if he hasn't, it's fraud. Bring it in to the station where he works, or at least threaten him that you're taking it there and see if he doesn't pay up to keep them from knowing.

Small Claims Court is another option, and you have the evidence of a debt, since he wrote you cheques to pay some off it off.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or factor his debt to someone as also mentioned.