Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Official Full TIlt Regulars Thread: Part II (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=477674)

bravos1 11-05-2007 02:47 PM

Re: Official Full TIlt Regulars Thread: Part II

[ QUOTE ]
bravos1- results-oriented.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you kidding? You bet/fold a flop putting in 50% of your stack! That has nothing to do w/ results.... well except for the result of you folding.

Go dig up the hand and tell us what you had here.

Snafu'd 11-05-2007 02:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Info on snafu2? I've just moved up to 50nl and would be interested to hear opinions.

[/ QUOTE ]

only 91 hands on you.. so nothing really... BUT the fish sure like bluffing at you! This is 2 of the 3 shown down hands I have on you.

You are BTN here:
Full Tilt Poker, $0.25/$0.50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
LeggoPoker Hand History Converter

UTG: $22.65
CO: $40.65
BTN: $50
SB: $42
Hero (BB): $42.40

Pre-Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BB)
UTG folds, CO calls $0.50, <font color="red">BTN raises to $2.25</font>, 2 folds, CO calls $1.75

Flop: ($5.25) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
CO checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $3.50</font>, CO calls $3.50

Turn: ($12.25) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
CO checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $7</font>, CO calls $7

River: ($26.25) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">CO bets $27.90 and is All-In</font>, BTN calls $27.90

Results: $82.05 Pot ($3 Rake)
CO showed T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (King Queen high) and LOST (-$40.65 NET)
BTN showed 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (three of a kind, Sevens) and WON $79.05 (+$38.40 NET)

and you are SB here:
Full Tilt Poker, $0.25/$0.50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
LeggoPoker Hand History Converter

BTN: $30.10
SB: $65.85
BB: $113.45
UTG: $55.20
Hero (CO): $66.65

Pre-Flop: 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (CO)
2 folds, BTN calls $0.50, SB calls $0.25, BB checks

Flop: ($1.50) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 Players)
SB checks, BB checks, BTN checks

Turn: ($1.50) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $1.25</font>, BB calls $1.25, BTN folds

River: ($4) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $2.50</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $11</font>, SB calls $8.50

Results: $26 Pot ($1.30 Rake)
SB showed J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (two pair, Aces and Jacks) and WON $24.70 (+$11.95 NET)
BB showed K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (Ace King high) and LOST (-$12.75 NET)

BTW, I raise AJs in SB after BTN open limps like this.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks, I'm going to have to go find that AJs hand b/c I don't remember that at all.

anjichpa 11-05-2007 03:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you kidding? You bet/fold a flop putting in 50% of your stack! That has nothing to do w/ results.... well except for the result of you folding.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't remember what i had and don't particularly want to look for it, but i can say pretty confidently that i had AK. that's all I'd play like that. there's a very low likelihood that i 4bet light there.

and what does putting half my stack in have to do with anything in a cash game?

results-wise, i dropped a little less than a buy-in. i'm still not sure where i see a mistake in my thought process except maybe leading out the flop

bknollenberg 11-05-2007 03:31 PM

"lol you shouldn't have bet that hand imo."

phil ivey would make his face at phil ivey face for half stack in potaments.

Mr_Pathetic 11-05-2007 03:41 PM

lol if half my stack went in preflop i think the rest going ASAP. can't win by folding...

QuietEarner 11-05-2007 04:05 PM

Anything on Beaten_Battered been playing a lot more NL50.

Snafu'd 11-05-2007 04:09 PM

Gross, my bet sizing in that flopped set hand was awful.

ButSheSaid18 11-05-2007 04:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
x6tence runs like god against me

[/ QUOTE ]

im x6tence, i remember the table kinda broke and i played you HU for a bit at like 4am...yeah i ran like god against you (no sarcasm intended)...

bravos1 11-05-2007 05:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't remember what i had and don't particularly want to look for it, but i can say pretty confidently that i had AK. that's all I'd play like that. there's a very low likelihood that i 4bet light there.

and what does putting half my stack in have to do with anything in a cash game?

results-wise, i dropped a little less than a buy-in. i'm still not sure where i see a mistake in my thought process except maybe leading out the flop

[/ QUOTE ]

Well your biggest mistake is in the planning. It really seems you had no planning regarding the hand at all.

If you are gonna c-bet/fold the flop, you might as well just jam PF. You commited yourself w/ your pre-flop 4bet and then REALLY commited yourself w/ your flop bet, with no intentions of going through with the commitment.

Personally I don't like the PF 4-bet for a few reasons.
1. The biggest one is that if you do not feel you are commited, then you should just call the 3bet and play accordingly post-flop.
2. You are out of position (ESPECIALLY if you plan to bet/fold a whiffed flop)
3. What range do you put a BTN 3-bet on even if he is 3-betting a bit light.

You should find this hand and make a strat post regarding it. You will get a ton of feedback.

bknollenberg 11-05-2007 07:16 PM

anjichpa needs to post the live hand that he and i had, he's soooooooo convinced that flat calling a big raise on the flop when he has my range as 2 hands (both of which his KK beat) instead of shoving (with the best hand) is a +EV chance because then he can wait and see what comes on the turn! lol phil idiot face imo.