Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Tournament Circuit/WSOP (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   ** WSOP ME, $10,000 NLHE, Day 6, Sun., July 15** (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=451349)

Aleo 07-16-2007 03:18 AM

Re: ** WSOP ME, $10,000 NLHE, Day 6, Sun., July 15**

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm surprised Scotty's still committing so much to pots. With a final table seat pretty much locked up, the last thing I'd do is be betting nearly 10% of my stack in one hand unless I had the near nuts or nuts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed,no need to be getting involved like he has been the past 3 hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

you guys are [censored] stupid

[/ QUOTE ]

Seconded

Now see what you guys can learn from this exchange

PokeReader 07-16-2007 03:19 AM

Especially since the two shortest stacks are on deep freeze mode. Long-range plus from blind stealing a much bigger plus for an experienced player than the risk of getting too involved in a hand with the worst of it.

The Prodigy 07-16-2007 03:19 AM

I guess that's why he's in the position he's in now, and I'm sitting here. Personally, I've been taught/advised to stay ultra tight in these situations, unless you're dealt a high pocket pair. That's how I'd handle it, and I knew I'd get flamed for it, but it's just my personal opinion.

bigslick7878 07-16-2007 03:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm surprised Scotty's still committing so much to pots. With a final table seat pretty much locked up, the last thing I'd do is be betting nearly 10% of my stack in one hand unless I had the near nuts or nuts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm I don't think Scotty is playing to just make the FT...

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd expect Scotty to be very involved for the rest of the night. Other players are thinking about just locking up the final table. This is prime blind and ante stealing bubble territory.

Back in 2004, Raymer nearly doubled his stack when it was 11 and 10-handed. Lots of it was from blinds and antes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im all for stealing some blinds.But coming over the top with reraises and calling big bets to then give the hands up could get him into some rather large pots and put a serious dent in his stack if he isnt careful,especially going up against a low stack who could push at any time.

Ace-Ex 07-16-2007 03:21 AM

YOU would be in ultra-tight mode because you're an amateur and moving up will make or break the rest of your life. Probably not the case for LW and SN.

repop 07-16-2007 03:21 AM

How is Yang hanging with an M of about 4 fro the last hour?

JackWhite 07-16-2007 03:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Long-range plus from blind stealing a much bigger plus for an experienced player than the risk of getting too involved in a hand with the worst of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

English mother f***** do you speak it?

J.C. Gloves 07-16-2007 03:22 AM

Everyone,

Check out that featured hands link @ pokernews. Click the lil arrow to goto the next hand and watch that hand. LIVE POKER IS SOOOOOO RIGGED!!

PokeReader 07-16-2007 03:22 AM

It would be nice to get an update, the short stacks should have lost a decent chunk to blinds by now, not sure why they are not being more active.

Tyler Durden 07-16-2007 03:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I guess that's why he's in the position he's in now, and I'm sitting here. Personally, I've been taught/advised to stay ultra tight in these situations, unless you're dealt a high pocket pair. That's how I'd handle it, and I knew I'd get flamed for it, but it's just my personal opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Generally speaking it's a great idea to play the exact opposite of the way the table is playing. Meaning if you're at a very tight table you should be playing loosely to take advantage.