Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Puzzles and Other Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   LOTR: Return of the King (GAME THREAD) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=378830)

Jack Bando 04-18-2007 05:13 PM

Re: LOTR: Return of the King (GAME THREAD)

TFG droping a seer hint =/= him being a seer and should not be taken as one. If you don't trust him, him dropping a hint shouldn't change your mind. Every game since I played seer (ASXII) I leave seer hints even if I'm not one so a)wolves can't tell if I'm one based on other games I've played and b)The wolves might believe my hints and eat me even when I'm not the seer, giving the real one more time.

Being UTR halfway through D2 is not a huge negative for the villager and shouldn't be a reason to start a wagon on D2.

"UTR is a common ploy used by wolves"-not really. See ASXII/ST:TNG3 where ShortLine/Durron was a wolf and posted more than almost anyone. Saying wolves/villagers always do this/that is the first thing NOT to do.

You made a post saying "Nich, Bando, and TFG are on my wolf list for being UTR." Oh, where's Chuck and Bram?" I consider that an accusation against Bram.

DustinG 04-18-2007 05:19 PM

fcbl

Stephen H 04-18-2007 05:23 PM

Jack, did you just use Shortline and Durron as examples of common wolf play?

Mark_K 04-18-2007 05:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
TFG droping a seer hint =/= him being a seer and should not be taken as one. If you don't trust him, him dropping a hint shouldn't change your mind. Every game since I played seer (ASXII) I leave seer hints even if I'm not one so a)wolves can't tell if I'm one based on other games I've played and b)The wolves might believe my hints and eat me even when I'm not the seer, giving the real one more time.

Being UTR halfway through D2 is not a huge negative for the villager and shouldn't be a reason to start a wagon on D2.

"UTR is a common ploy used by wolves"-not really. See ASXII/ST:TNG3 where ShortLine/Durron was a wolf and posted more than almost anyone. Saying wolves/villagers always do this/that is the first thing NOT to do.

You made a post saying "Nich, Bando, and TFG are on my wolf list for being UTR." Oh, where's Chuck and Bram?" I consider that an accusation against Bram.

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't cleared TFG yet. I have a big asterisk by his name in my notes... I drew a line between people that were not playing the game and people who would post little, say nothing and follow BW's.... The people that just didn't post I put in my "Unknowns" column.

You, TFG and Nich made several posts. Your posts just didn't contribute anything toward helping the village find wolves. Plus Nich was caught in a contradiction.

BTW, in a game where a bunch of villagers are beating each other up, you bet it is in the best interest of the wolves to just SHUT-UP. This game is a classic example of that. Look how many power-villagers we have outed so far...

Jack Bando 04-18-2007 05:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Jack, did you just use Shortline and Durron as examples of common wolf play?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really, what I meant is "Wolves are ALWAYS UTR early? Look at this."

Citing anything Durron or SL does as standard isn't a good idea.

For more example, in ASXII FXMDA and Dustin (making 3 of the 4 wolves) were also NOT UTR, and Dustin,Spook, and Herbie (4 out of the 5 evils) were also NOT UTR in ST:TNG. That was my point.

DustinG 04-18-2007 05:29 PM

I'm going to 2nd what Clown said about Mark and say that anybody voting him is an idiot or a wolf. I'm still in the process of looking through his posts in CYOA, but I don't see any huge differences (if any at all) and I've seen enough from his posts here to convince me he is a villager.

Jack Bando 04-18-2007 05:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't cleared TFG yet. I have a big asterisk by his name in my notes... I drew a line between people that were not playing the game and people who would post little, say nothing and follow BW's.... The people that just didn't post I put in my "Unknowns" column.

You, TFG and Nich made several posts. Your posts just didn't contribute anything toward helping the village find wolves. Plus Nich was caught in a contradiction.

BTW, in a game where a bunch of villagers are beating each other up, you bet it is in the best interest of the wolves to just SHUT-UP. This game is a classic example of that. Look how many power-villagers we have outed so far...

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't trust TFG, he says something that's viewed as a seer peek of Nich(who you also don't trust) as village, so you decide BOTH are bad votes? That's just a bad idea.

I had posted as much as you (give or take a post) by that time, and it's D1-early D2, I don't post much early. I don't do tone reads, so early I really am not helpful.

Or the wolves HELP beat up the villagers in a game, which is what happened in my last game, every wolf was considered villager, and they helped run the village. Quiet=/=wolf.

We've outed two power roles, Gandalf and Aragorn. Gandalf was about to die, so UTRs had nothing to do with that. Aragorn claimed very early in the day, but Nich had to go and had a wagon started on him, not the UTRs fault either.

DustinG 04-18-2007 05:38 PM

I am never voting for: Jack Bando, Mark K, and VR this game

DustinG 04-18-2007 06:09 PM

I really think these Fmx votes suck.

Can somebody please outline the case against him? He is active and he asked GT1T a dumb question? (deleted sarcastic statement)

DustinG 04-18-2007 06:22 PM

<u>A Bunch of Fmx Posts that Show Why He is a Villager</u>

THERE IS NOTHING FAKE IN ANY OF THESE POSTS BECAUSE FMX DOESNT CARE HOW HE SOUNDS. AS A WOLF FMX WOULD HAVE SAID SOMETHING STUPIDLY WOLFY BY NOW AND HE HASN'T.
[ QUOTE ]
sup doods.

2nd of two finals today coming up at 6. need to cram and I may not be around for lynch. so this is a serious vote.

vote GT1T

EOWYN STRATEGY: do not vote for the leading bandwagon ever, unless it is close (1 or 2 votes).

VILLAGE STRATEGY: don't [censored] lynch me, ever

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
[begin with Luckayluckish "ZOMG guys!" frantic call-to-arms]
[demonstrate Durron-esque monster read]
VOTE RICH C.
[make Amplify-like clever tension-relieving quip]
[insert situation-appropriate smiley ala dmk]
to do list:
[berate dissenting opinions Zurvan-style]
[cat picture?]

BTW did you know...

The blood of the antarctic fish Trematomus borchgrevinki contains a glycopretein that acts as an antifreeze. This allows fish to supercool at temperatures as low as -18oC. Supercooled fluids are metastable, if they come in contact with ice, nucleation may occur spontaneously. These supercooled fish cannot come in contact with surface ice otherwise they may freeze spontaneously.

Ok off to take my final.

but lynch Rich, seriously. Voting Herbie for no reason + nightposting = better than any read I can make day one.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
fmxda,
rich c is the strongest villager read I have

I have 8 villagers
4 more to lock

[/ QUOTE ]
Was it the nightpost "LOL" or the piling onto Herbie that tipped you off?

That is so weak Luckay. I expect to see your vote on him by the end of the day, unless you are Eowyn in which case mum's the word

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Hm, after Herbie dies I'll take on the mantle of leadership and crusade against gt1t the wolf

... unless Herbie comes up wolf

... which he won't

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
FCBL,

If you wonder why you often get called wolfy and get lynched early--it's posts like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
OK WOW.

What is with this Jack-wagon?? This reminds me a LOT of AS12 where people started randomly voting me for no reason (I was a wolf but this doesn't matter; I wasn't seer peeked at the time).

The wagon STARTS with dmk making a random-ass vote on Jack. The only person who provides ANY reasoning at all is whoever made that post that Jack responded to with his 3 points earlier (I think it may have been Herbie).

[ QUOTE ]
Nich/Jack wagons = [img]THUMBS UP[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Furthermore, here dmk says nich/jack when he "meant" nich/mark wagons. dmk is a good enough player to pull this off as a wolf. So like 10 wolf points for dmk.

I might add I don't think dmk has played many games with Jack, and I doubt he has such a good read on him.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
So far this game is good. Usually I have less wolf suspects than there are wolves. I definitely have more than 6 suspects, so roleclaims or villagetelling up the wazoo will help.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
dmk,

I think you are assuming too much by saying the wolves wouldn't roleblock AND nightkill aaronk. I think this is very very possible.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
dmk,

1) The roleblocker won't be alive to block aaron forever.
2) Also, it is optimal to block/kill the top two Frodo suspects every night, instead of tying up a roleblock every night.
3) Gandalf WILL need to be killed at some point. Unless Frodo comes out, it would remain a 50% chance to kill Gandalf for the forseeable future.
4) The wolves cannot just order a kill on Gandalf without roleblocking anybody, and risk a 50% chance of peek.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Important questions for gt1t:

Do you still think Herbie is a wolf?

Why did YOU take wdcbooks' offer at face value??

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Important questions for gt1t:

Do you still think Herbie is a wolf?

Why did YOU take wdcbooks' offer at face value??

[/ QUOTE ]

a;la;lsdkjf;alsdkfjl;sdj

We are no longer masons FMXDA. You may in fact be a wolf. In fact I cannot see you asking that first question as a villager.

You fooled me yesterday. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
?

I was under the impression gt1t was a villager. Since he says he wasn't I'm wondering if his near-blinders and monster read on Herbie was a real or an act.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Am I smoking something about FMXDA? I mean, it's the PERFECT "Look I'm interested and I'm contributing and asking questions!!!!" Except it was the lamest question ever.

Why would GT1T's list magically change when he claimed Gollum?

[/ QUOTE ]
Um, I think it's a perfectly reasonable question to ask. When I play this game I try to find wolves but I also try to weigh heavily the opinions of people who I think are villagers. So I valued gt1t's opinion on Herbie.

gt1t as Gollum may well have been pushing Herbie knowing he is villager because Herbie isn't likely to get lynched, and the evils would rule out gt1t as a potential seer.

[/ QUOTE ]