Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   ****Official 2007 NY Mets NL East Champs Thread**** (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=366371)

BobOjedaFan 06-16-2007 03:21 PM

Re: ****Official 2007 NY Mets NL East Champs Thread****

If this game gets called I will be extremely irritated. Dumbest rule in the game, it's far from over with the Yankees bullpen. I mean, of course the Mets wont get a hit with a runner in scoring position (I'm not crazy to think anythign that absurd) but they might get a like people walked with the bases loaded or some solo shots or errors or something.

wh1t3bread 06-16-2007 03:21 PM

Glavine wasn't pitching great, but wasn't bad for most of the season. This is just his 2nd terrible start in a row. Willie and Howe definitely have shown a history of leaving Glavine in the game way too long when it's obvious to everyone and their dead grandmothers that he doesn't have his stuff.

Schoeneweis is just beyond terrible. Complete bust. He doesn't strike anyone out. He is walking almost a batter an inning and he is getting completely destroyed by right handers. Complete BUSTO. A craptastic mistake by Omar. Mets must be the only team in history to sign a batting pratice relief pitcher to a 3 year 9 million deal.

This whole off-season is almost a complete busto. Schoeneweis = total crap. I'd be surprised to see Alou before September. Mota = poop. Trading Bannister + Ring + Owens is looking terrible too. The only thing Omar did right was take a chance with Sosa.

BobOjedaFan 06-16-2007 03:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Glavine wasn't pitching great, but wasn't bad for most of the season.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then why is he 5-5 with an ERA near 5?

[ QUOTE ]
This is just his 2nd terrible start in a row.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's also the 2nd straight start he was allowed to stay in longer than anyone else, just because he's Tom Glavine.

[ QUOTE ]
Willie and Howe definitely have shown a history of leaving Glavine in the game way too long when it's obvious to everyone and their dead grandmothers that he doesn't have his stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

Willie and Rick know it to. C'mon whitebread we KNOW why Willie lets Glavine stay in. 300.

[ QUOTE ]
Schoeneweis is just beyond terrible. Complete bust. He doesn't strike anyone out. He is walking almost a batter an inning and he is getting completely destroyed by right handers. Complete BUSTO. A craptastic mistake by Omar. Mets must be the only team in history to sign a batting pratice relief pitcher to a 3 year 9 million deal.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah but here's the thing. All Glavine was throwing was balls and fastballs right down the middle. You couldn't pitch worse than Glavine if you tried. The amoutn of runs the Yankees scored was gonna just be completly up to the Yankees. Schoenweiss at worst could have been EQUALLY as bad as Glavine. I'll take my chances. Personally I was wondering where Sele was. The game was close and he hasn't pitched in a while. Is he hurt?

[ QUOTE ]

This whole off-season is almost a complete busto. Schoeneweis = total crap. I'd be surprised to see Alou before September. Mota = poop. Trading Bannister + Ring + Owens is looking terrible too. The only thing Omar did right was take a chance with Sosa.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. The Mets pretty much stood pat in the off-season.

wh1t3bread 06-16-2007 03:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Then why is he 5-5 with an ERA near 5?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well actually he was 5-3 with an ERA of 3.40 before that disaster in Detroit.

[ QUOTE ]

It's also the 2nd straight start he was allowed to stay in longer than anyone else, just because he's Tom Glavine.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not disputing this.

[ QUOTE ]

Willie and Rick know it to. C'mon whitebread we KNOW why Willie lets Glavine stay in. 300.

[/ QUOTE ]

Again, I'm not disputing this. All I'm saying is that he wasn't pitching terribly before that start in Detroit last weekend.

[ QUOTE ]

Yeah but here's the thing. All Glavine was throwing was balls and fastballs right down the middle. You couldn't pitch worse than Glavine if you tried. The amoutn of runs the Yankees scored was gonna just be completly up to the Yankees. Schoenweiss at worst could have been EQUALLY as bad as Glavine. I'll take my chances. Personally I was wondering where Sele was. The game was close and he hasn't pitched in a while. Is he hurt?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think Sele's hurt. Didn't he pitch in Detroit or maybe LA last week????

Schoeneweis certainly couldn't pitch worse than Glavine today. But you know as well as I do he has almost zero chance to pitch better than Glavine was pitching. He is THAT bad!

I guess Willie went with Scheißeweis over Sele for the lefty on Matsui and Cano matchup? I dunno. I [censored] hate Schoeneweis and cringe every time I see him warming up in the bullpen.

[ QUOTE ]

Agreed. The Mets pretty much stood pat in the off-season.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep and it's showing in the bullpen right now. Should have ponied up and paid Bradford. Omar made a colossal mistake this past off season by completely under-estimating what the relief market wound up being. And then he made matters worse by trading away all of our relief pitching talent in the minors (Ring, Owens, Lindstrom).

Also trading Bannister (who appears to be a viable #5 starter and could definitely be a decent long man in the bullpen) for a relief pitcher with one pitch and is now hurt is looking terrible too.

Gotay for Keppinger is looking okay at least. I've been impressed with Gotay so far.

BobOjedaFan 06-16-2007 03:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oliver Perez has a 0.00 ERA in all starts where he hasn't given up a run.

wh1t3bread 06-16-2007 04:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oliver Perez has a 0.00 ERA in all starts where he hasn't given up a run.

[/ QUOTE ]

I fail to see your point. Glavine hasn't been terrible this season up until his start last week. He has sucked hard his last two outings and yes, Willie keeps him in too long to try to get him to #300.

BobOjedaFan 06-16-2007 04:32 PM

Sucking hard core in 2 starts where your team scores a TON of runs is huge. Thats like a regular season player suckign for 10 games. Plus a mid 3 ERA this yr is good but it isn't stellar or anything. Not too mention the fact Glavine has faded EVERY yr hes been on this team (save his 1st yr where he decided to blow the entire season instead)

Expect his suckiness to continue.

BobOjedaFan 06-16-2007 04:33 PM

1 for 10 with RISP now. This team is SO RIDICULOUS. The formula to beat the Mets is just to intentionaly walk the 1st 2 batters of every inning.

wh1t3bread 06-16-2007 04:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sucking hard core in 2 starts where your team scores a TON of runs is huge. Thats like a regular season player suckign for 10 games.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah it's huge. But as huge as having 2 complete bums (3 if you want to count Heilman) in the bullpen (Mota once again doesn't let me down)? As huge as Delgado sucking harder than he has ever sucked before? As huge as Beltran playing like complete crap for a month and half and counting (the guy has 1 RBI so far in June... [censored] an a!)? I dunno. Glavine is the least of this teams many problems right now, IMO. He certainly isn't helping matters right now though.

Needle77 06-16-2007 04:48 PM

Glavine = Spy for the Braves. How do you guys not see it?