Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Puzzles and Other Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   POG Championship - POG Mayor Game Thread (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=497718)

valenzuela 09-17-2007 07:22 PM

Re: POG Championship - POG Mayor Game Thread

There was no other shot actually, I went to a party and I asked her to dance with me 3 times, she said no all the 3 times [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img].

JaredL 09-17-2007 08:58 PM

Bullet sickness is the mayor.

Bulletproof Monk 09-17-2007 09:27 PM

this could take a while... ill get it to you by morning

Bulletproof Monk 09-18-2007 05:19 AM

ok well eliminate val

fwiw i never really intended to ko any alliance members i was just thinking of how to open the final 7.... it would be very easy for me to just present a list of 4 players (eg. herbie, bravos, me, RT) and hope that they aligned but 1. im not sure i can find a good combination that actually lets me win, 2. i dont think anyone trusts me enough to actually join, and 3. it kind of spoils the game a bit given that we have played so long in the big alliance....

given that we have stuck together so far personally i would love it if we could go the rest of the game just voting without a 4 man or 5 man alliance....

otoh if someone does open with an alliance suggestion i would probably be hardpressed not to take it if included.

Bulletproof Monk 09-18-2007 05:25 AM

also i think we can start making cases etc, so here is mine:

9 people end up voting.

i have already locked up 100% 3 votes against me. (thanks guys)

bravos is going to vote against me due to revenge for mayor 1 regardless of how this plays out =P

that means in order for me to win a final 2, i need every single other one of the 5 to vote me, including herbie who i stopped from being mayor, and RT who said i was the 'least trustworthy' player in the game. i have actually played quite a background role within the alliance as well, and would never be given the 'strong player' vote over someone like zurvan.

CLIFF NOTES: I AM VERY UNLIKELY TO WIN A FINAL 2; IT IS IN ALL OF YOUR BEST INTERESTS AS PLAYERS TO GET ME THERE.

Bulletproof Monk 09-18-2007 05:29 AM

oh yeah, eskimonk

will likely change it over the course of the day if i get no support

RoundTower 09-18-2007 06:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
also i think we can start making cases etc, so here is mine:

9 people end up voting.

i have already locked up 100% 3 votes against me. (thanks guys)

bravos is going to vote against me due to revenge for mayor 1 regardless of how this plays out =P

that means in order for me to win a final 2, i need every single other one of the 5 to vote me, including herbie who i stopped from being mayor, and RT who said i was the 'least trustworthy' player in the game. i have actually played quite a background role within the alliance as well, and would never be given the 'strong player' vote over someone like zurvan.

CLIFF NOTES: I AM VERY UNLIKELY TO WIN A FINAL 2; IT IS IN ALL OF YOUR BEST INTERESTS AS PLAYERS TO GET ME THERE.

[/ QUOTE ]
you might beat me in the final 2, I agree you are an underdog to anyone else, unless you manage to negotiate votes in return for something now.

I like the idea of playing with no more alliances, but I don't really think it's feasible. I'm open to joining either a flexible or an inflexible alliance today.

My platform: If I get elected I will eliminate someone who didn't vote for me, unless everyone votes for me.

vote roundtower

Bulletproof Monk 09-18-2007 07:09 AM

RT - if you *could* pick a 4 or 5 man alliance, who would it be?

HerbieGRD 09-18-2007 07:58 AM

Good morning - I remember watching a celebrity edition of "The Weakest Link" a number of years ago and George Wendt (Norm from Cheers) was absolutely awesome. For three rounds in the middle of the game he answered more questions right than everyone else put together. In the final 4 the other 3 unanimously voted him off and I thought WTF would they do that it's for charity but it was obviously correct strategy to do so if anyone but him wanted to win the game. Since this game is not for charity I propose the following.

I don't think anybody can beat Zurvan or Mets in a final two situation. The non-alliance people have basically pledged to vote for one of those two if it came down to it and frankly if I'm not there I probably would to. This sucks because other than myself Zurvan is the person that I would most want to win the game but, well, I want to win.

Therefore - I strongly suggest that Eskimonk, Roundtower, DMK, Bravos, and I work together to eliminate Mets and Zurvan now. I firmly believe it is in the best interests of everyone who would be in this proposed alliance to eliminate Mets and Zurv now therefore I don't have to worry about "trust" as long as I am convinced that you agree with me that it is in your best interest to do this. I would be perfectly willing to be mayor and do this myself or I would be perfectly willing to support anyone who used this as their platform in running for mayor.

Yeah - I'm the bad guy - if you want to eliminate me for it then that's fine but if you see what I see you should

Vote Herbie and give yourself a real chance to win.

/bombshell announcement

Zurvan 09-18-2007 08:04 AM

Well, since Herbie's come out gunning for me this morning, I guess I have no more time to wait.

I'm going to make the same promise I made 8 days ago: you vote for me, you're in my alliance, and I will do everything in my power to protect you. I spent all of last week fighting the people trying to wreck the alliance we have, so you know I'm not full of [censored] here.

Herbie was surely playing around with the idea of backstabbing the alliance the day dmk was elected mayor. That was the last and best time to do it. We prevented him from doing that by not letting him be mayor. It had nothing to do with loyalty.

You shouldn't be rewarding his duplicity then by giving him an alliance now. He's trying scare tactics to get myself or mets kicked off - but only because we're the two most active players besides him. He sees us as a threat, but the fact is, if he gets elected mayor today, it will be seen as a coup, and he will likely win the game. I have made enemies (they're not calling it "herbie-ism"), and I think it's ridiculous to assume that I have their votes locked up.

Roundtower - are you willing to vote for me today?