Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   *official 2007 red sox thread* (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=357666)

youtalkfunny 06-12-2007 10:07 PM

Re: *official 2007 red sox thread*

Rockies flailing at Pap's 97-mph heater after swatting at Wake's 71-mph "heater" all night is hysterical.

Kid for Colorado took a prototypical "tough luck loss" tonight. I was surprised they sent him out there for the 8th, but then I got to see what they had in the bullpen: not much.

kyro 06-12-2007 11:49 PM

It's funny. I can always tell when Papelbon "has it." His first blown save, I could tell by looking into his eyes that he wasn't at his peak, even before his first pitch. Tonight, though, there was fire. I feared for the Rockies hitters, and they weren't even close to touching him.

Toro 06-13-2007 09:57 PM

Looks like it's down to 8.5 after tonite. Damn the yankees cut that from 14.5 in no time at all. Probably going to be a dog fight after all.

Only in baseball can a team look like chumps one month and then champs the next and vice versa.

youtalkfunny 06-14-2007 04:35 AM

Vice versa? We're 15-12 in the last month. Not great, not even very good, but certainly not "chumps". How well do you expect to do, when your West Coast swing starts on a Monday, following a Sunday Night game on the East Coast?

Tito's using that cushion, resting a lot of guys while we're 9-10 games up. This will pay dividends down the road.

It's funny how pessimistic this thread is on nights the Sox lose, and optimistic on nights they win. Don't any of you guys play poker? Aren't any of you versed in handling variance?

Toro 06-14-2007 09:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Vice versa? We're 15-12 in the last month. Not great, not even very good, but certainly not "chumps". How well do you expect to do, when your West Coast swing starts on a Monday, following a Sunday Night game on the East Coast?

Tito's using that cushion, resting a lot of guys while we're 9-10 games up. This will pay dividends down the road.

It's funny how pessimistic this thread is on nights the Sox lose, and optimistic on nights they win. Don't any of you guys play poker? Aren't any of you versed in handling variance?

[/ QUOTE ]

You're manipulating statistics when you say the Sox were 15-12 in the last month to mininmize how bad they are looking right now.

Last night they could only muster 2 runs against that ham and egg pitcher? Their offense is non existent right now. While the pitching is still very good, last night notwithstanding, the defense has been pretty shabby.

And, after this short homestand they have a very tough road trip coming up with Atlanta, San Diego and Seattle(another dreaded West Coast swing).

I wouldn't be surprised if by the end of this month it will only be a 4 to 5 game lead.

As for your poker analogy, sadly I still tilt like a [censored].

34TheTruth34 06-14-2007 11:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't be surprised if by the end of this month it will only be a 4 to 5 game lead.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait a minute, a week or so ago, I said that the Yankees would be 2 games out in a month, and I was vilified and chastised and had my intelligence insulted. So, now you're saying close to the same thing and it's pretty much just accepted now, huh? This is why you guys are all so much smarter than me and know so much more about baseball than me I guess.

Toro 06-14-2007 01:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait a minute, a week or so ago, I said that the Yankees would be 2 games out in a month, and I was vilified and chastised and had my intelligence insulted. So, now you're saying close to the same thing and it's pretty much just accepted now, huh? This is why you guys are all so much smarter than me and know so much more about baseball than me I guess.

[/ QUOTE ]

Trade Pierce!

youtalkfunny 06-14-2007 05:20 PM

I'm manipulating things? I'm not calling the Yankees "champs" for beating the Pirates and D-Backs at home.

CharlieDontSurf 06-14-2007 05:30 PM

I'll start to get excited once tha Yanks are within 3 games or less...till then I'll remain pleasantly surprised.

Those 6 games left vs. Sox will be huge though...

kyro 06-14-2007 05:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol at people 'accepting' toro's post. one person responded to it and he reacted the same way we reacted to you.