Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   We win (AP Scandal v. 27) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=526198)

suzzer99 10-19-2007 07:20 PM

Re: We win (AP Scandal v. 27)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
N82 for mod of new 2+2 Investigations forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

srsly. There is a lot of work that can be done in advancing evidence gathering and detection methods for this type of cheating, collusion, chip dumping, and bots. After this fiasco, 2p2 is the only body I would trust with this task.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think sites like PS and FTP do the yeoman's work on their sites. But for rogue sites, incompetent sites, or weird new problems--with no official oversight whatsoever, there really is no line of defense other than the players.

SgtJake 10-19-2007 07:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
FWIW, I'm almost positive "SPONSOR" was a bot. He played a ton of high limit on ABS. I didn't report him for various reasons.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thinly veiled brag

mntbikr15 10-19-2007 07:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
N82, its sounds as if you have been in contact with Mark Seif regarding the HH's. I realize you said that helping with an investigation is something you are open and agreeable to, but have you asked Mark? I understand that might be difficult, but his acceptance would be greatly appreciated, and a refusal would speak volumes. PS, not to beat a dead horse, but thank you for all the hard work you have been doing. Jerry Yang says you are doing Gods work BTW.

[/ QUOTE ]
I was contacted by someone today who told me AP was looking for a 2p2 rep to be involved in the audit and that I should get in contact with a certain person. While I'm not a 2p2-related person or even a mod (please to be a mod? ... I mainly just want to be able to read the mod forum), I would be happy to get involved and report my findings and feelings back to the 2p2 community.

I contacted the person at AP that was looking for a rep and I have not heard back.

[/ QUOTE ]

Motion to make N82 green for the great works hes done.

Second?

nath 10-19-2007 07:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Also, I am pretty sure these "straight-to-the-media" anonymous statements from AP are a trial balloon, and they're trying to gage the responses on the forums in order to craft an official lie.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha! They're playing with real poker players like Adanthar, who's keeping his cards close to his vest. Time for Ap to fold 'em.

[/ QUOTE ]
Okay, seriously, can we have a moratorium on terrible poker metaphors

Dan Druff 10-19-2007 07:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have a question, where is the PPA in all this? Dont misunderstand me, the work that all involved have contributed has been exceptional. But whenever news organizations are interviewing people-they are individuals and for better or worse the PPA is really all we have. I understand they do not want to squander their resources in an investigation-but the bully pulpit is an effective tool. CP and Bluff also might devote more resources to investigating this if the only organization for card players at least came out with a statement.
Greg Raymer, I gotta ask, as a member of the PPA and a poster on 2+2, where are you? The pulpit is yours sir, start yelling.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have always found the PPA to be useless. Good in theory, horrible in practice.

Their silence during this huge monthlong-plus scandal is proof of this.

Lord only knows what all those membership fees were spent on.

highhustla 10-19-2007 07:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Also, I am pretty sure these "straight-to-the-media" anonymous statements from AP are a trial balloon, and they're trying to gage the responses on the forums in order to craft an official lie.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha! They're playing with real poker players like Adanthar, who's keeping his cards close to his vest. Time for Ap to fold 'em.

[/ QUOTE ]
Okay, seriously, can we muck the terrible poker metaphors

[/ QUOTE ]

KurtSF 10-19-2007 07:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Quote of Adam from P5's in the MSN Article :“I think that the reasons this got handled the way that it has, with a happy ending, is because the overwhelming majority of people in the industry … want things to be run in a fair and honest way,”

WTF?? Happy ending? Is he serious?

[/ QUOTE ]

This has been bothering me as well.

Adam lives in Costa Rica, visits the AP headquarters, meets the parties involved, AP posts a bunch of lies, and he then calls it a "happy ending"?

I'm just saying....

Red_Diamond 10-19-2007 07:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Has there been a drop in traffic on AP? Has anyone been tracking it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ohh I'm sure it picks up as soon as Seif registers for the next tourny...

burningyen 10-19-2007 07:23 PM

I know this is kinda obvious, but:

If the perpetrator(s) are in charge of Absolute, there is no way we're ever going to get a straight answer from Absolute. It's not like they're going to fire themselves, and it's not like management is going to issue a press release saying "we did it." This BS "evil geek" story gives me the feeling that the perp(s) are in fact in charge.

ikestoys 10-19-2007 07:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Quote of Adam from P5's in the MSN Article :“I think that the reasons this got handled the way that it has, with a happy ending, is because the overwhelming majority of people in the industry … want things to be run in a fair and honest way,”

WTF?? Happy ending? Is he serious?

[/ QUOTE ]

This has been bothering me as well.

Adam lives in Costa Rica, visits the AP headquarters, meets the parties involved, AP posts a bunch of lies, and he then calls it a "happy ending"?

I'm just saying....

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, b/c adam was bought obv