Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   ***SSNL LIFE THREAD NOV*** (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=535846)

kolotoure 11-05-2007 05:56 PM

Re: ***SSNL LIFE THREAD NOV***

you're 100% right about girls in jerseys

kolotoure 11-05-2007 05:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not a big fan of giving gifts to a girl that I have only taken on a date or two.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well how am I supposed to justify dropping $150 on basketball tickets then? I mean, I just want to go out and get laid

[/ QUOTE ]

goofyballer 11-05-2007 06:03 PM

Not true.

Also, despite recent developments I continue to have regular intensely emotional dreams about two girls in particular I had things for in college. wtf?

4_2_it 11-05-2007 06:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not a big fan of giving gifts to a girl that I have only taken on a date or two.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well how am I supposed to justify dropping $150 on basketball tickets then? I mean, I just want to go out and have a good time. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Tickets are fine. Getting her a jersey at this point seems a bit much.

Snipe 11-05-2007 06:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well how am I supposed to justify dropping $150 on basketball tickets then? I mean, I just want to go out and have a good time. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Big gogogo on tickets - that really just makes you look like a guy who wants to have a good time with her.

The actual gift is where I disagree. I'm ALL good with paying for drinks / movies / meals / events - its just a little different when you start going $100+ gifts. Really can't justify it, but it does.

Spending money on quality time together = fun and sweet.

Spending money on gifts = girl sketching on it getting too "commitment-ish".

Love the Kings / Warriors idea tho. Solid.

dukemagic 11-05-2007 06:14 PM

hey guys i've been on 2p2 for a long time, but i've never gotten too involved with the strategy threads. anyways, i'm really going to make an effort to improve my game and spend more time in ssnl.

i'm 21 and at school in the bay area.

goofy: i have to agree with snipe and 42it, buying her a jersey at this point is a bit much. i think that would be a good gift later (if you're still with her), for a "hey remember our first date? i thought you'd look hot in this jersey" gift. that'd be sweet, imo.

Jay Riall 11-05-2007 09:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

trim, don't shave!

[/ QUOTE ]

shaving balls is standard, trim the upper part though.

[/ QUOTE ]

how is "itching like a mad man" "worth it?" after 4 years I thought you would have learned that a few millimeters goes a long way for comfort.

but whatever man, to each his own.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did it again and with much better results. Smooth as a babies behind. I'd prob teabag myself tbh given the chance, they're that smooth.

thac 11-05-2007 09:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you're 100% right about girls in jerseys

[/ QUOTE ]

So true.

TheChad 11-05-2007 09:51 PM

I think someone should make a Calvin and Hobbes movie.

Wolfram 11-05-2007 09:55 PM

goofy,

Gifts are risky this soon. She might really like it but it might also freak her out a bit. Judgement call imo.

Tickets are fine though.

TheChad 11-05-2007 10:23 PM

has anyone seen/enjoyed rendition?

flyfishingnut10 11-05-2007 10:47 PM

nooo gift, soo weird!

bball game is a great idea though..its in the bag goofy

Jay Riall 11-05-2007 10:57 PM

Any Ravens fans in here? If so lolololololol. Blowout of the season going on atm.

orange 11-05-2007 11:01 PM

[censored] pitt and stupid [censored] ravens (i bet on the ravens with roomie). GAH i had initially chosen the steelers, WHY DID I CHANGE HAYCHYAHCYAHCAHCAHHCSACI:Jij;i

Jay Riall 11-05-2007 11:02 PM

lmao what odds did he give you?

orange 11-05-2007 11:04 PM

i got +9 points, i thought that ravens typically keep them close and christ, wtf. i never expected this defensive meltdown though. offense is so bad. [censored] idiots.

nazahl 11-05-2007 11:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

definitely play it out like the tickets just fell in your lap from a friend that couldnt make it or something. do not - repeat - do not flat out tell her you're dropping loads of cash on her this early in the relationship cause it sets her expectations way too high. game sounds like a solid idea for a date, and there will be less pressure on her if shes under the assumption u didnt dish out for the seats to get her there.

thac 11-05-2007 11:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
has anyone seen/enjoyed rendition?

[/ QUOTE ]

I watched it opening night, it's pretty cheesy/gay

tufat23 11-05-2007 11:08 PM

got a new PA but cant give any info cos i fully intend for her to be reading 2p2

Jay Riall 11-05-2007 11:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i got +9 points, i thought that ravens typically keep them close and christ, wtf. i never expected this defensive meltdown though. offense is so bad. [censored] idiots.

[/ QUOTE ]

lmao owned. God, Roeslithberger is moving in the pocket, shaking tackles and throwing under pressure better than anyone I have ever seen

orange 11-05-2007 11:08 PM

IM AN IDIOT

Jay Riall 11-05-2007 11:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
got a new PA but cant give any info cos i fully intend for her to be reading 2p2

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, the other flatmate?

orange 11-05-2007 11:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lmao owned. God, Roeslithberger is moving in the pocket, shaking tackles and throwing under pressure better than anyone I have ever seen

[/ QUOTE ]
you shouldve seen him last year, he moved like an old man and threw picks like it was his job.

tufat23 11-05-2007 11:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, the other flatmate?

[/ QUOTE ]

no no, but a good friend of hers. this might not work out long term tho since im about to go thailand/vegas for the next 3 months.

4_2_it 11-05-2007 11:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And you think this is a good idea because??????????

keikiwai 11-06-2007 12:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

because tufat sonstantly says [censored] like "ldo" "ftw" "imo" "tptk" "sick meta" irl.... and so she has no hopes of understanding him if she doesn't keep up w/ the freshest 2p2 lingo

goofyballer 11-06-2007 12:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If posting pics of her on 2+2 isn't part of the job description you did a crappy job hiring.

Keyser. 11-06-2007 12:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

actually I think it's b/c he wants her to read 2p2 for him and then prepare briefs for what he misses.

As much as I want to make fun of him and say something about his laziness, I actually am kinda envious.

Worm75 11-06-2007 12:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If posting pics of her on 2+2 isn't part of the job description you did a crappy job hiring.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT,

And goofy, jersey is way too much this early in the relationship. Treat her to a good time at the game, and don't try to hard....let the night come to you.

keikiwai 11-06-2007 12:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
....let the night come to you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because the night belongs to lovers
Because the night belongs to lust
Because the night belongs to us

Have I doubt, baby, when I'm alone
Love is a ring on the telephone
Love is an angel, disguised as lust
Here in our bed 'til the morning comes

Come on now, try and understand
The way I feel under your command
Take my hand, come under cover
They can't hurt you now

Because the night belongs to lust
Because the night belongs to us

Jay Riall 11-06-2007 01:15 AM

Won a couple hundo betting on the spread this week - first ever time sports betting really - ship it!

Thinking of putting it all on the Pats to go undefeated in the regular season - odds are like 13/8 on the couple of sites I have looked at. They have the Steelers in Foxboro in early Dec and then play the Giants on the last game of the season in the Meadowlands. The rest of the teams are pretty much jokes compared to the Pats. does this seem like a good bet to people (I'm not too bothered if its not a good one, just having some fun with it really)?

Xanta 11-06-2007 01:20 AM

Jay my sports friends tell me there's a reasonable chance they'll drop the last game against the giants because there's a chance they might rest their starters and the Giants will probably have playoff implications in that game so they'll be going hard. Don't take my word for it though, I follow the CFL!

Jay Riall 11-06-2007 01:26 AM

Yah, that was my only concern. The Giants are a strong team atm and with the chances of the Pats resting their starters and/or getting Moss/Brady/Harrison/whoever injured could definitely give NY a very good shot at winning that game. However with the whole 'ZOMG PATS RUN UP THE SCORE' issue, this Pats team seems like it will go into every game this season all guns blazing even if it is an insignificant one vs the Giants to end the regular season. hmmmmmmmmmmm

Worm75 11-06-2007 03:43 AM

lol keik, so perfect

Worm75 11-06-2007 03:50 AM

Coming from an American point of view, if the Patriots get to that point that they are 15-0, I don't think there is any chance they rest their starters.

Belicheck cares about history, as do the rest of these guys. No way that Junior Seau, Bruschi, Vrabel, Brady and the rest of that core don't push to play.

God it will be worth it just not to see the stupid clips of the 72 dolphins opening champange every time the last undefeated team loses.

That being said, it's still going to be a pretty amazing accomplishment to get to that point. I don't know if people realize how amazing it is for the Pats to be destroying people the way they are, with just how much parity there is in the league.

Btw Jay, if you are looking for a book to read right now, pick up Smart Money by Michael Craig. Talks about how he got into being a professional sports bettor, and why even the best sports handicappers have a hard time beating Vegas's NFL lines

4_2_it 11-06-2007 10:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

actually I think it's b/c he wants her to read 2p2 for him and then prepare briefs for what he misses.

As much as I want to make fun of him and say something about his laziness, I actually am kinda envious.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm down with reliving the chuddo thread.

Randiek 11-06-2007 10:35 AM

So I just ordered my new camera. They [censored] charge extra for ideal. Wtf is that [censored]. [censored] them I'll just have them hold one in stock for a week while my bank wires the money. I fail to see why I should pay extra for that [censored].

Ah well, at least I bought a camera. And yes, the amount I am whining about is about 1.5% of the actual purchase price and I refuse to pay it to have my camera a week sooner. I am so unballa...

Burcak 11-06-2007 11:39 AM

Gifts, and helping her out with her computer related problems, can end any relationship prematurely.

It just isn't cool to care.

Btw, anyone training kyokushin?

tufat23 11-06-2007 11:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yep. should save me a lot of time and help me kick the 2p2 habit. i've been trying to read and post a lot less recently since i feel i spend way too much time on 2p2 (although i still <3 u all)

shandyboy 11-06-2007 12:11 PM

Ok, the iphone hits the UK in a few days, should i get one?
Anyone who has one care to tell me if they are balla?
They look soooooooo sexy.