Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Puzzles and Other Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Late Night Turbo (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=371686)

LuckayLuck 04-04-2007 02:56 AM

Re: Late Night Turbo

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
soah is actually a v. scary wolf now

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't before?

[/ QUOTE ]
correct!
HYACHACHACAHCAHCAHA [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

p.s. what was my seer hint d1?

[/ QUOTE ]

honestly i didn't even look at your posts, i knew you weren't the seer but we needed you out of the way

[/ QUOTE ]
lol what

metsandfinsfan 04-04-2007 02:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
wolves, explain

someone make me feel better/worse

[/ QUOTE ]

yes it was a setup. We knew herbie was the seer from the begining and decided to FPS (fancy play syndrome).

We also knew if soah said i was a wolf ... then either
1) we get herbie lynched
2) soah gets lynched and i would look like a villager

so it worked

[/ QUOTE ]

or mets gets lynched and herbie gets lynched at the end

[/ QUOTE ]

correct

LuckayLuck 04-04-2007 02:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
honestly i didn't even look at your posts, i knew you weren't the seer but we needed you out of the way

[/ QUOTE ]
needs more explanation

DustinG 04-04-2007 02:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
needs more explanation

[/ QUOTE ]

its just disgusting what they did- thats all

lastchance 04-04-2007 02:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
needs more explanation

[/ QUOTE ]
You were incredibly right d1, and you weren't going to let go. You would have gotten every lynch you wanted from there on in.

metsandfinsfan 04-04-2007 02:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
soah is actually a v. scary wolf now

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't before?

[/ QUOTE ]
correct!
HYACHACHACAHCAHCAHA [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

p.s. what was my seer hint d1?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
lol what

[/ QUOTE ]

turbosoah (1:28:51 AM): nah
turbosoah (1:29:09 AM): kill luckay if not herbie? then we get herbie lynched as the seer? lol
Metsandfinsfan (1:29:23 AM): lol thats what i was just typing
Metsandfinsfan (1:29:29 AM): kill luckay if not herbie
turbosoah (1:29:34 AM): go for it? fun at least
Metsandfinsfan (1:29:40 AM): sure why not
Metsandfinsfan (1:29:45 AM): ill pm
turbosoah (1:29:47 AM): ok

ASPoker8 04-04-2007 03:07 AM

I figured Soah wouldn't accuse Mets because:

I would see through it making Mets look villagery and think Mets was a wolf.

So Soah accusing Mets meant to me that he knew I would see through it making Mets look villagery, thus getting me to vote Mets as a wolf and winning the game for Chuckles.

ASPoker8 04-04-2007 03:08 AM

ALSO HERBIE SAID HE THOUGHT IT WAS CHUCKLES

kjbeglkrjbwelhkgbjtlkweth

metsandfinsfan 04-04-2007 03:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]

So Soah accusing Mets meant to me that he knew I would see through it making Mets look villagery, thus getting me to vote Mets as a wolf and winning the game for Chuckles.

[/ QUOTE ]

you did really well. The fact that chuckles did not vote for soah and i did made me look villagery too. And chuckles was drunk and too lazy to look stuff up to clear himself or damage me.

I really think u did well. Keep playing. After you are a wolf a few times it helps your villager game

matrix 04-04-2007 03:13 AM

AS - I screwed up my first endgame lynching mets not soah when it was REALLY obvious mets was village - no worries [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

metsandfinsfan 04-04-2007 03:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
needs more explanation

[/ QUOTE ]

its just awesome what they did- thats all

[/ QUOTE ]

ASPoker8 04-04-2007 03:16 AM

I read through twice, the first time I was hooked on Mets, the 2nd time i flip-flopped to Chuckles and then Chuckles seemed real quiet and dodgy about arguing with Mets so I dunno

soah 04-04-2007 03:16 AM

luckay was voting herbie so I was hoping someone would look and say that luckay was killed for that. but it didn't happen so I didn't force it.

but then when herbie claims that luckay called him a villager i really needed to hammer on that cuz it was a lie

lastchance 04-04-2007 03:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL l3ing it. Wolves always assume n00bs are on l1, just something to say. And never try to get inside a wolf's ahead with their random non-vehement accusations. Accusations are not what you should look at in wolf behavior. It's about not buying a wolf's arguments and treating someone like they are a villager (asking for help, trying to build trust, etc).

I don't think it's easy, though. Chuckles sounded really, really bad round of 5. WTF at him taking so long to realize mets was a confirmed wolf (from his perspective)? Superdrunk, lol.

chuckleslovakian 04-04-2007 03:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL l3ing it. Wolves always assume n00bs are on l1, just something to say. And never try to get inside a wolf's ahead with their random non-vehement accusations. Accusations are not what you should look at in wolf behavior. It's about not buying a wolf's arguments and treating someone like they are a villager (asking for help, trying to build trust, etc).

I don't think it's easy, though. Chuckles sounded really, really bad round of 5. WTF at him taking so long to realize mets was a confirmed wolf (from his perspective)? Superdrunk, lol.

[/ QUOTE ]
In my defense I did say I was going to be drinking in the signup thread

soah 04-04-2007 03:19 AM

if things had been going poorly then I would have tried to get ppl to lynch mets which either does a better job of clearing him when I die (see: FOTR) or mets gets lynched and I try again against herbie with just one person to convince

so you can't really be upset at being wrong, because if you had been right I would have made you change your mind =p

metsandfinsfan 04-04-2007 03:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
In my defense I did say I was going to be drinking in the signup thread

[/ QUOTE ]

yes you did ... drinking anything good by the way?

ASPoker8 04-04-2007 03:20 AM

meh, at least I got Soah vs Herbie right

ASPoker8 04-04-2007 03:22 AM

Oh and btw:

When I am loud and obnoxious when i was villager my first two tries, everyone thought I was a wolf and turbo-pwnt me
When I was quiet today, not one person really honestly thought i was a wolf

soah 04-04-2007 03:22 AM

there really is a downside to claiming to have peeked my partner as a wolf. it means he has to vote for me which means if either villager votes me then I'm dead. If I say I peeked chuckles as a wolf then he and herbie vote me, but mets can "think" about it and there is only one other villager we have to worry about who might vote me. mets then has the freedom to either be a hero and lynch me, or get herbie lynched if we can pull it off.

metsandfinsfan 04-04-2007 03:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Oh and btw:

When I am loud and obnoxious when i was villager my first two tries, everyone thought I was a wolf and turbo-pwnt me

[/ QUOTE ]

i smell metagame

ASPoker8 04-04-2007 03:23 AM

Herbie, why did you peek me?

Does anyone else think that was awful?

soah 04-04-2007 03:26 AM

things I considered for d3

1) mets wolf
2) mets villager
3) chuckles wolf
4) AS villager (ruled out because peeking him wouldn't fit with previous posts)
5) force herbie to give his peek first by saying that it's much harder for him to decide what to claim as his peek if he has to go first (which is ofc the reason I'd be waiting on him!)

DustinG 04-04-2007 03:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Herbie, why did you peek me?

Does anyone else think that was awful?

[/ QUOTE ]

Lowball Plath (11:30:58 PM): god- why did you peek AS8?
Lowball Plath (11:31:04 PM): he seemed obviously village to me
HerbieGRD1981 (11:31:18 PM): there was weirdness
HerbieGRD1981 (11:31:21 PM): stupid noobs
HerbieGRD1981 (11:31:42 PM): blah
HerbieGRD1981 (11:32:05 PM): Remember I am only semi-coherant at this point
HerbieGRD1981 (11:32:42 PM): Mets is good at this game

ASPoker8 04-04-2007 03:29 AM

soah if you waited and Herbie says he peeks me as village, what do you claim?

soah 04-04-2007 04:06 AM

probably still go with mets as a wolf. didn't really explore that one all the way because there wasn't much risk going with mets as a wolf and getting my peek out first makes me look a bit better.

lastchance 04-04-2007 04:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Oh and btw:

[/ QUOTE ]
I thought you were a wolf because of this.

soah 04-04-2007 05:47 AM

ok so I've got this laptop and I thought I would hate using a damn touchpad instead of a mouse. But now I've got it set up so that I can use the thing not only to move the cursor, but also to scroll the pages, go forward/backwards, and refresh. Now I'm gonna be a turbo beast. oh, and I can also read white text without even highlighting it. the display is absolutely sick. 1920x1200 resolution on a 17 inch screen. and bright as hell.

Neil S 04-04-2007 09:46 AM

Heh, I had Mets pegged. Soah's great estimation of what Herbie's second peek was kept me from blowing the game wide open though.

Good game guys.

HerbieGRD 04-04-2007 09:53 AM

lol drunken turboments

chuckleslovakian 04-04-2007 09:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
lol drunken turboments

[/ QUOTE ]

soah 04-04-2007 05:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Heh, I had Mets pegged. Soah's great estimation of what Herbie's second peek was kept me from blowing the game wide open though.

Good game guys.

[/ QUOTE ]

I picked matrix because he was one of the only players where I never really had a good way to comment on his play d1. at one point I specifically addressed that I had no read on chuckles, and someone had called luckay an obvious villager and I ignored it. I couldn't use patton obviously, or herbie, or myself. That leaves mets plus three villagers. I felt that the person I used as my peek would be viewed as slightly more suspicious because of it (afterall, I protect that person from being lynched until my role is cleared up). since mets seemed unlikely to be lynched, I left him alone. that left neil, as, and matrix. matrix seemed plausible for me to peek n0, there wasn't any heat on him so protecting him can't cost me anything, so I went with it.

metsandfinsfan 12-02-2007 03:30 AM

and finally, the last turbo i have saved im my favorites

soah 12-02-2007 03:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
oh [censored]

[/ QUOTE ]

this post still cracks me up even when I know it's coming

soah 12-02-2007 03:52 AM

oh man, I had forgotten that we won this game

after I got lynched I pretty much had given up and so I somehow forgot that we actually pulled it off at the end

this is like found money

metsandfinsfan 12-02-2007 04:29 AM

see i told u i wasnt always an awful turbo wolf

soah 12-02-2007 04:33 AM

I think most of the reason I expected to lose was because I thought you were completely obvious on d3. =p