Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Send a message to Kevin Everett (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=498300)

Aces McGee 09-11-2007 05:08 PM

Re: Send a message to Kevin Everett

Clarkmeister's comments in this thread make a pretty clear point that is being lost in the outrage over the perceived brazen-ness of his original response.

-McGee

anatta 09-11-2007 05:22 PM

I copied "sent" to let the op know I appreciated his post and made use of it, and also maybe hoping to help get the ball rolling to get more posters here to do it because again I thought it would be nice if he heard he got tons of emails. And yes, it was also selfish since I was upset over his injury, not just that it sucks whenever anyone is hurt, but at least to some extent, he got hurt so i can have fun and forget the pain of life.

But Clark is the man, he is right, I probably wouldn't send a card with a stamp, and he puts his money where his mouth is. I met Clark and got a lot of respect for the dude, smart, strong, honest but no sucker, a potential leader.

THAY3R 09-11-2007 05:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And yes, it was also selfish since I was upset over his injury, not just that it sucks whenever anyone is hurt, but at least to some extent, he got hurt so i can have fun and forget the pain of life.

[/ QUOTE ]

No he didn't.

Dudd 09-11-2007 05:34 PM

We all know he gets paid well for playing football, we also happen to enjoy watching the game. I don't see why the two are incompatible.

MacGuyV 09-11-2007 05:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[
And the above attitude is so incredibly adolescent. Yes, the vast majority of things in this world are done selfishly - but they can still have a postitive impact on people nonetheless. Revealing the 'true' motives behind something doesn't lessen its impact on other people.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a valid point.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless you're Jose Canseco

anatta 09-11-2007 05:37 PM

yeah, yr right, but still i felt bad in some way connected to the contrast of the fun i had with his horrible injury, so my point about selfishness, although not based in logic, is still valid.

Vyse 09-11-2007 05:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
snot based in logic

is still valid.

[/ QUOTE ]

orly

anatta 09-11-2007 06:01 PM

We don't always feel bad because of something that logically makes sense. Depressed people have cognitive distortions which by definition are not based in logic, nonetheless, they feel bad. If a depressed person gets drunk to feel better, but the main cause of his depressive episode was an obsession over one minor negative comment in a sea of positive reactions, then the act of getting drunk could be called a selfish response to a feeling not based in logic.

Sometimes I think you guys like to raise and reraise out of habit.

Case Closed 09-11-2007 06:09 PM

Some dude on ESPN kept saying that this dude has a good shot at walking again in the future. Pretty good news for him.

THAY3R 09-11-2007 06:40 PM

"Well, that was a waste."

- Typical letter sender.