Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Heads Up Poker (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Swings in NLCASH (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=465184)

tautomer 11-05-2007 01:10 PM

Re: Swings in NLCASH

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
That's the way I read it and it looks like TN's reasoning is sound. Having a random 20 BI downswing is not the same as starting with 20 BI and losing it all. It is possible to have multiple 20 BI swings on the road to bustoville with a 20 BI bankroll.

[/ QUOTE ]

We know that it's not the same . None of us even questioned this at all . You may want to re-read the thread again since I was the one to first make this distinction .

I provided a "correct" answer to the way I interpreted the problem .

[/ QUOTE ]

Very interesting seeing as half the posts were on that very topic. Never mind then, not worth the time.

TNixon 11-05-2007 03:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You may want to re-read the thread again since I was the one to first make this distinction .

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, you were the first one to explicitly make a distinction that nobody needed, because the rest of us knew what we wanted to know, and you were "correctly" answering a completely different problem, that nobody gave a [censored] about.

So kudos on being "correct", while also managing to be completely irrelevant, I guess.

PerDoom 11-05-2007 07:37 PM

Depends how aggressive you are in regards to table selection. Play only unknowns/loose-passives, you are bound not to swing too drastically, although you should expect some 10-buyin downers on a semi regular basis.

Play some tough aggressive opponents, expect some 30-buyin downers.

At least that is the way it was for me.

juggernaut 11-06-2007 01:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I feel sorry that I brought up this old thread

[/ QUOTE ]

i was so excited to wander into this forum and see this thread on the front page. but after reading it, i now regret starting it.

BlueSmurf 11-06-2007 02:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i was so excited to wander into this forum and see this thread on the front page. but after reading it, i now regret starting it

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?

1) Your question was answered
2) It could not be predicted it would develop this way
3) TNixon was spurred on to really investigate the question at hand, and he probably learned a thing or two about spending one's time fruitfully viz. heated debates on "teh internets", eh? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Besides, it was a good question and many knowledeable people answered you.

Cheers,

Smurf

Majik 11-06-2007 08:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i was so excited to wander into this forum and see this thread on the front page. but after reading it, i now regret starting it

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?

1) Your question was answered
2) It could not be predicted it would develop this way
3) TNixon was spurred on to really investigate the question at hand, and he probably learned a thing or two about spending one's time fruitfully viz. heated debates on "teh internets", eh? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Besides, it was a good question and many knowledeable people answered you.

Cheers,

Smurf

[/ QUOTE ]

To be honest TN was probably the one who learned the most in this thread though (not intended to imply that you were not knowledgeable before TN) since he was the one who took the time to actually try and learn/understand. So it was probably EV+ for him that Jay was a bit pig-headed about his view of the problem.

SwingVelvet 11-08-2007 02:39 AM

I play .5/1 using good game selection. As far as downsings... there aren't any.

SwingVelvet 11-08-2007 02:41 AM

Ok for real I have 13k hands only, beating it at 15+PTBB/100

my biggest downswings was 4 buyins... it was prolly a 4 buyin hit n run...

shipurstack 11-08-2007 02:54 AM

you will have have a bigger downswing than 4 bi's, i don't care how well you game select enjoy running hot

brandysbich 11-08-2007 03:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
you will have have a bigger downswing than 4 bi's, i don't care how well you game select enjoy running hot

[/ QUOTE ]

amen