Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   360s expected in Stars FPP store in two weeks (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=444767)

SirNeb 07-27-2007 08:38 PM

Re: 360s expected in Stars FPP store in two weeks

anybody calculate what the xbox elite will look like for fpp/dollar ratio? I don't know how much the xbox goes for retail.

grouchie 07-27-2007 09:31 PM

are the Elites still having issues, or are they ok to get now?

bluey 07-27-2007 11:35 PM

my elite is great. and ms just recently bumped the warranty on all 360s to 3 years.

Jimmy James 07-28-2007 01:48 AM

oh man, i can't wait to get the 30" monitor! thanks for adding that...

Marwan 07-28-2007 02:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
can i sell someone my stars points? i can accept pp money or star money.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sadly you cant.

Stars should let us trade/sell FPPs just like T$/W$ IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think allowing for trading would be a great idea.. for instance, a bunch of friends can send one person to a live tourney via fpps and all get a stake (if they wanted)..

1C5 07-28-2007 09:37 AM

24,000 for the wii? doesnt that seem like a lot of points for it?

SirNeb 07-28-2007 11:08 AM

ya it seems pretty crappy for fpp/dollar ratio, if it's 24,000fpps. Though it's hard to get a hold of the system these days.

CybrPunk 07-28-2007 11:37 AM

Most electronics prices suck through the FPP/VIP stores but that's the whole point. They want you to use your points in the least efficient manner possible so that it saves them money.

The Wii works out to about 1.26c per point. The SN bonus works out to 1.5 and the Platinum bonus works out to 1.3. They're both immediately better choices, although the platinum bonus is only slightly moreso. The onecall gift card works out to just over 1.6c per point and is probably one of the best items under 100k points as far as value per point, plus onecall's prices are fairly competitive when it comes to pricing on many items (but not all).

Unfortunately, they don't sell game consoles.

AdamMcD 07-30-2007 05:34 PM

Have been wanting gaming systems on stars for a long time. I want a 360 or PS3, but I'm too cheap to pay cash for them, because I think they're overpriced. I play a lot on stars, and am not a huge gamer, I just want a system for casual play. For those who think stars is making a mistake because people will play the gaming console more, I think overall, it isn't going to hurt them. When you consider the business they'll create by people wanting to earn the points to purchase these, I think they'll come out ahead in the long run. Kudos Poker Stars!

SteelWheel 07-31-2007 12:20 PM

Are the 360s in yet? I just looked through the VIP FPP listings, and didn't see them--or the PS3s or Wiis, either. I agree, it's probably cheaper to just buy one of these things with real $$--but I so rarely use my FPPs as buy-ins to satellites or tournaments, so I've got a boatload of 'em--I might as well "spend" some this way.