Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Separate Fantasy Sports Forum?? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=433492)

mmbt0ne 06-23-2007 11:46 AM

Re: Separate Fantasy Sports Forum??

No Awful idea.

hoyasnaxa 06-23-2007 11:49 AM

YES

Just so we dont have to see NT! whine threads.

Jack of Arcades 06-23-2007 11:50 AM

Dear god no.

thedeezy 06-23-2007 12:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I VOTE YES

[/ QUOTE ]

Clarkmeister 06-23-2007 12:57 PM

Mod Wars!

NT! 06-23-2007 03:34 PM

dynasty,

are you saying that clark ISN'T a cranky old nit? even if this forum is a bad idea, that is clearly the case. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

of course part of my interest in this forum is based on my own interest in fantasy sports. and it sounds like a majority of sports posters are against it. however, a significant minority have voted to support it.

i disagree with the biggest argument against the new forum (that it will hurt sports). if most of the sporting events posters don't care about the fantasy threads, how are they hurt by having fewer of them? i would read & post in this forum as well, and i think that's true of most people who are sports fans. it's not as if people stop liking real-life sports when they start playing fantasy.

CharlieDontSurf 06-23-2007 03:44 PM

NT if this doesnt happen
def create a "Official FFB random discussion thread-JULY"
"Official FFB drafting thread-JULY"
and a "Official Start/Sit FFB thread-JULY" etc etc
one gigantic thread is [censored] stupid.

BadBoyBenny 06-23-2007 09:17 PM

No

Unnecessary

anatta 06-24-2007 03:44 AM

I vote NO, too confusing.

Say I want to post about Philip Rivers playing shooting guard in the NBA, is that "fantasy sports"? Or Philip Rivers playing football, but at 5'5'' not 6'5''. Or Philip Rivers playing fantasy baseball...

MEbenhoe 06-25-2007 08:10 PM

Just to update this, a rough vote count put this at 33-17 in favor of the NOs. So a clear decision, but I definitely don't want any of the people in favor of the fantasy split to feel alienated.

I just want to remind everyone that it isn't any official policy to restrict fantasy discussion. If you have any sort of fantasy question you can post it. Whether you want it to go in one of the large threads or create an individual thread is up to you, and the rest of the forum will in the end decide how that is treated by whether it is responded to or not. I love fantasy sports discussion as much as anyone else, so please don't feel restricted from discussing it freely in this forum.