Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   EDF (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=81)
-   -   I want to start threads too / suggestions thread - II (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=319802)

mntbikr15 02-03-2007 12:23 AM

Re: I want to start threads too / suggestions thread - II

El D,

I would like to a see a thread to the gist of:

"What would you do tomorrow if you had nothing and no one tying you down"

Think it could lead to some interesting view points on life..and how we get trapped in it.

-Evan

Rev. Good Will 02-03-2007 03:12 AM

El D,

Love the whiskey thread idea, the tl;dr beer club thread has helped me expand my tastes, and given me a good crash course on beer tasting.

Three ideas for threads, 2 semi-related ideas:

1 - Sneakers (Pumas, Dunks, SB dunks are my favs, I don't know how well stuff like BAPE and Ice Creams and such will go on for the 2p2 crowd)

2 - General male dressing/clothing/fashion thread aimed at 2p2's primary audience (18-25 year old)

Last,

3 - General Home Brew threads. I suppose beer would be the easiest thread, but I have a friend who's family makes grappa, so if people have experience making other liquors, that would be great too. (I would love to one day distill my own whiskey)

Potvaliant 02-03-2007 03:26 AM

I just posted this in Borodog's "Environmental hysteria" thread :

[ QUOTE ]
I personally am skeptical of people who use the term "environmental hysteria." It's basically a reactionary marketing ploy, the mirror image of "intelligent design."

[/ QUOTE ]

and was thinking it might be interesting to start a thread about similar instances of politics, language, and marketing coming together in amusing / annoying / interesting ways.

Many of these phrases worm their way into common usage without enough scrutiny, and I think it'd be interesting to see what people come up with.

Knockwurst 02-03-2007 01:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
a thread about watches.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol@ taking my idea for a thread but not allowing me to start the thread. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

john voight 02-03-2007 04:10 PM

Hi El, D.

I don't really wanna start any threads b/c I don't really know you that well, and my posts/discussions are not high quality. However, there is 1 thing I do want; for you to write a summery about yourself. I'v only been on 2+2 for about 7-8 months, and know you only by your avatar, and a few (okey, a lot) OOT posts.

So you can name the thread like "Diablo's official autobiography" So us noobs would no you better.

thanks

[censored] 02-03-2007 04:33 PM

note to add

chesspain, wacki,

bottomset 02-03-2007 10:39 PM

a thread about UFOs/extraterrestrial life could be interesting

Los Feliz Slim 02-03-2007 10:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi El, D.

I don't really wanna start any threads b/c I don't really know you that well, and my posts/discussions are not high quality. However, there is 1 thing I do want; for you to write a summery about yourself. I'v only been on 2+2 for about 7-8 months, and know you only by your avatar, and a few (okey, a lot) OOT posts.

So you can name the thread like "Diablo's official autobiography" So us noobs would no you better.

thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

Search for "The Well: El Diablo" or something like that. I think it's in SSNL from five or so months ago. That should sum it up.

NicksDad1970 02-04-2007 09:31 AM

I would like to start a thread abotu tax returns.

To include discussing the pros and cons of getting a return vs trying to make it even where you don't owe but don't get anything back.

For example : this year I was able to claim 5 dependents but claimed 0 at work. I also have a few deductions like house, daycare, donations to local church etc.

Earl Sleek 02-04-2007 01:12 PM

I'd be interested in a thread about Neuro-Linguistic Programming. Specifically I'd like to hear from anyone who has attended seminars and training, or anyone who has personal experience with any of the prominent names in the field.