Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Ivey vs. Corey Pavin golf bet (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=297939)

stinkypete 01-04-2007 03:51 PM

Re: Ivey vs. Corey Pavin golf bet

[ QUOTE ]
I know I have absolutely no credibility on this site, so I can't get in on prop bets yet, but I would never, ever, ever turn down this bet against Ivey. A 15 handicap will NOT break par, even in the bet he has.

Pavin, and it's not even close.

[/ QUOTE ]

pavin is probably the favourite, but i'd bet a lot of money at 1:1 that a true 15 handicap could break par on that course scrambling 2 balls at least 1 round out of 5. let me know if you wanna bet big money and we'll find a 15 handicap.

stinkypete 01-04-2007 03:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Stinky,

I'll take action. PM me.

[/ QUOTE ]

which bet? PMs are gay

rianb 01-04-2007 03:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I know I have absolutely no credibility on this site, so I can't get in on prop bets yet, but I would never, ever, ever turn down this bet against Ivey. A 15 handicap will NOT break par, even in the bet he has.

[/ QUOTE ]

pavin is probably the favourite, but i'd bet a lot of money at 1:1 that a true 15 handicap could break par on that course scrambling 2 balls at least 1 round out of 5. let me know if you wanna bet b
ig money and we'll find a 15 handicap.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really don't think a 15 has a shot at breaking par, but this brings me to my next point. I'm a broke low stakes student with the inability to bet "big money". Doesn't change the fact that I'm right [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Oh, and the original claim was on one given round, not with 5 tries. I still think it's highly unlikely with 5 shots at it, but my original statement was towards a one off round, won't break par.

TheWorstPlayer 01-04-2007 03:54 PM

Hey, I'll give you props for knowing about Nick's thread. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

And yes the details there were different, but the general premise that guys like PI do not enter into the terrible bets that you think they do still holds. Basically, if a solid pro gambler enters into a bet and you think it's ridiculously against him - think again.

rianb 01-04-2007 03:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey, I'll give you props for knowing about Nick's thread. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

And yes the details there were different, but the general premise that guys like PI do not enter into the terrible bets that you think they do still holds. Basically, if a solid pro gambler enters into a bet and you think it's ridiculously against him - think again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't underestimate us lurkers[img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

That's true, I wasn't really thinking about that. I just don't see it happening, but I do see your point.

stinkypete 01-04-2007 03:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

pavin is probably the favourite, but i'd bet a lot of money at 1:1 that a true 15 handicap could break par on that course scrambling 2 balls at least 1 round out of 5. let me know if you wanna bet b

[/ QUOTE ]

I really don't think a 15 has a shot at breaking par, but this brings me to my next point. I'm a broke low stakes student with the inability to bet "big money". Doesn't change the fact that I'm right [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Oh, and the original claim was on one given round, not with 5 tries. I still think it's highly unlikely with 5 shots at it, but my original statement was towards a one off round, won't break par.

[/ QUOTE ]

well when you say "a 15 handicap will NOT break par", it implies that he has very little chance, meaning he shouldn't be able to do it even 1 round out of 5. i'm just offering bets based on what you're saying.

a 15 might be slightly less than 50/50 to break par, but if he's 45%, claiming that he WILL NOT do it is stupid.

rianb 01-04-2007 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

well when you say "a 15 handicap will NOT break par", it implies that he has very little chance, meaning he shouldn't be able to do it even 1 round out of 5. i'm just offering bets based on what you're saying.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, I guess we don't understand each other. I was talking in reference to the bet, which would be one round.

If you take my quote the way you're saying, we could give a 15 handicap an infinite number of rounds to break par.

stinkypete 01-04-2007 04:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

If you take my quote the way you're saying, we could give a 15 handicap an infinite number of rounds to break par.

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly, and i'm offering 5 rounds, so it should be a good bet for you.

rianb 01-04-2007 04:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

a 15 might be slightly less than 50/50 to break par, but if he's 45%, claiming that he WILL NOT do it is stupid.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the odds are stacked worse than 50/50 for a 15to break par.

rianb 01-04-2007 04:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly, and i'm offering 5 rounds, so it should be a good bet for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

but your'e taking what I said out of context. I meant it towards one round, as the bet is set up.