Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   SSNL [LIFE] THREAD AUGUST (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=466206)

goofyballer 08-01-2007 08:57 PM

Re: SSNL [LIFE] THREAD AUGUST

[ QUOTE ]
i'm great at picking up girls i just occasionally [censored] up in spots like this.

i like to nap [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Plz post in this thread more.

Also, Kolo, it sounds like you're way too into Micki for having not gone out w/ her yet and I'm assuming for not knowing her that well. I'm usually guilty of the same thing too so I'm not trying to be hypocritical, but that's def a problem and something I'm trying to work on as well.

Clayton 08-01-2007 09:02 PM

I PWN THE [censored] OUT OF EVERYONE AT PROPBETTING AND CC ROULETTE

AHAHAHA

goofyballer 08-01-2007 09:07 PM

Oh, and life brag: Back from Europe (like 7 days in Prague, 3 days in Vienna, 2 days in Budapest) which was sweet. I start my new job on Monday, so I'm staying in a hotel in the Bay Area now and after flying back yesterday just started the apartment hunt this morning. I already got an apartment lined up in a sweet location (it's no hudge loft like Keyser's, but $1700 only gets you so far in Silicon Valley), I move in a week from Saturday. Will have to spend my first week at work living out of a hotel, but such is the price of greatness.

snowbank 08-01-2007 09:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Oh, and life brag: Back from Europe (like 7 days in Prague, 3 days in Vienna, 2 days in Budapest) which was sweet. I start my new job on Monday, so I'm staying in a hotel in the Bay Area now and after flying back yesterday just started the apartment hunt this morning. I already got an apartment lined up in a sweet location (it's no hudge loft like Keyser's, but $1700 only gets you so far in Silicon Valley), I move in a week from Saturday. Will have to spend my first week at work living out of a hotel, but such is the price of greatness.

[/ QUOTE ]

goofy,

what type of job are you doing?

goofyballer 08-01-2007 09:31 PM

Software programming.

Beat: Photobucket doesn't give me my avatar back until tomorrow. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

EMc 08-01-2007 09:51 PM

swwet goofy. GL yo.

Worm75 08-01-2007 09:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Software programming.

Beat: Photobucket doesn't give me my avatar back until tomorrow. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Whats the market like out there for new programmers right now Goofy??? Any serious demand or did you have to put some work in to get a position right out of school??

Kilillan 08-01-2007 10:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I am enjoying train man more and more. Can we make it required viewing for readers of this thread?

[/ QUOTE ]
Are you talking about the movie or the TV series? The TV series was my introduction to Japanese TV series. I loved the series, and have been a fan of all sorts of Japanese series since. I enjoyed the movie, too. I don't know if we should make it required viewing. It may give people false hopes. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

meh, I watched the series/movie over a year ago, even before I got to japan.

I thought it was funnily realistic, but that's because it was based off a true story.

The ending, however, is depressing and unrealistic.

I want to see him snorting lines of morphine.

goofyballer 08-01-2007 10:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Whats the market like out there for new programmers right now Goofy??? Any serious demand or did you have to put some work in to get a position right out of school??

[/ QUOTE ]

I got really lucky and the first company I interviewed with hired me and gave me a sick offer, so I didn't really get a good grasp of what the entire market is like. I did have interviews set up (which I cancelled after being hired) with a couple different divisions of HP though. Our school had a job fair with a fair amount of tech companies, most of which were like "yeah, we have our booth here and all but you should really just go on our website and submit your resume." The company that hired me, fwiw, was at the job fair but was taking resumes and called me back because I guess they liked mine. But yeah, I did submit my resume to some other companies; Boeing barely noticed (I went on their website and submitted my resume for like 5 different positions and never got anything more personal than a form e-mail saying "sorry, not hiring you"), Google never responded, I don't really remember who else I sent it to. One other thing about my school was that they had a pretty good job-hunting website where companies could connect with students, and students could post their resumes for companies to receive, so even after getting my job (since my resume was still up there) I'd get a couple emails a month from smallish tech companies asking if I was interested in a position.

Summary: I have no idea, since many of these anecdotes conflict with each other. I suppose it depends on the company you're talking to.

Chaos_ult 08-01-2007 10:41 PM

Why do I keep getting instabanned from the IRC room?