Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   brag: car finally arrived (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=555701)

stinkypete 11-27-2007 07:43 PM

Re: brag: car finally arrived

oh and if he were to buy a car for half that price, he'd save like 1/10 of his annual income (probably less). how's he going to retire a few years earlier on that?

if he had bought a brand new bentley you might have a point, but you're either the biggest nit in the world or you're just hatin for the sake of hatin.

MatthijsH 11-27-2007 07:45 PM

An older friend of mine has the same car, so from experience i can say:

SICK BRAG!

LovedBySgtSaLT 11-27-2007 07:46 PM

hot ride.

fsuplayer 11-27-2007 07:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
sexy! now slap a turbo on it!

[/ QUOTE ]
335 is already turbocharged

[/ QUOTE ]

oh. i just saw 5.8 0-100km/hr or something and that seemed slow for turbo. dint know

[/ QUOTE ]

its actually 0-60 in 4.8 in all the car mags. and you can slap a $1300 chip/ECU add on that will give it 60-70 more HP and 90-110lbft of torque instantly. once thats in, you are talking 0-60 in 4.5 or less and high 12's (with good traction) in the 1/4 mile. a sick fast car.

congrats, jfish, PM me for more chip info [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

jalexand42 11-27-2007 07:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
sexy! now slap a turbo on it!

[/ QUOTE ]
335 is already turbocharged

[/ QUOTE ]

oh. i just saw 5.8 0-100km/hr or something and that seemed slow for turbo. dint know

[/ QUOTE ]

its actually 0-60 in 4.8 in all the car mags. and you can slap a $1300 chip/ECU add on that will give it 60-70 more HP and 90-110lbft of torque instantly. once thats in, you are talking 0-60 in 4.5 or less and high 12's (with good traction) in the 1/4 mile. a sick fast car.

congrats, jfish, PM me for more chip info [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Can I buy a fsuplayer chip for my brain?

imabigdeal 11-27-2007 07:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Beat.

Enjoy it though since you've got it.

[/ QUOTE ]

why are you such a douche and what's it like having the most abrasive personality ever?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because I'm misunderstood and it's not so bad.

The beat is that someone making what he makes shouldn't be spending that on a depreciating asset so young in life. Surely he could have just as much fun at a car 1/3-1/2 the price and retire a few years earlier.

I used to be dumb and bought a new, expensive car as well back in the day. Big mistake... new cars aren't as fun after a period of time and when you start to think of things in the future utility of the money, a lot of frivolous purchases like this just become massive beats.

Obviously too late to change any of that now, so he might as well enjoy it which I'm sure he will.

[/ QUOTE ]

cheer up buddy!

SamuraiJon 11-27-2007 07:57 PM

Solid brag... however...

beat: OP drinks Nestea Ice Tea (see 2nd pic)

gongshow 11-27-2007 08:06 PM

name of gardener pls

vn car

fsuplayer 11-27-2007 08:06 PM

btw, LOL @ a 60k car holding back jfish's retirement a few years.

TheMetetron 11-27-2007 08:14 PM

Pete,

Compounded interest is fun. Saving $35k on the purchase here would easily top $100k real by the time jfish is much older.

I am also a really big nit when it comes to spending money on certain things. Unfortunately, most poker players aren't a big enough of one. Makes me tend to come down harder on guys who used to be like I was with no idea wtf a SEP is or how screwed they are going to be later in life. Jfish is probably fine as he makes a decent clip, hence the reason I didn't come down on him and only started expanding more on my thoughts when provoked.

person who thinks I'm jealous,

I used to be like this... hardly something I like to brag about. Not that it is entirely relevant, but I'm fairly sure I make almost the same or more than jfish so it's not his poker success that I'd be jealous of.

jfish,

congrats on the purchase you seem to be enjoying. Personally not for me until I'm older, but to each their own. I'm sure you are savings plenty for the future and it was more the people who I'm sure aren't that my comments were directed at.