Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Ask me about Starbucks (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=465760)

MrTrik 07-31-2007 05:47 PM

Re: Ask me about Starbucks

Nicejob CB. So far you've held your own.

JuntMonkey 07-31-2007 05:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
FYI, if you're referring to Starbucks as SBUX to anyone other than your stockbroker, you're a [censored] [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice, I do this with a friend.

phage 07-31-2007 05:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
guids, I think you're confusing yuppies and hippies. Pretty sure hippies are the ones who frequent the neighborhood coffeeshops, and wouldn't be caught dead patronizing the evil megacorporation Starbucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

no way man, i thought starbucks was hippy central, which of course I always found funny becuase as you say megacorp etc.

[/ QUOTE ]
Here in SF hippies hate Starbucks and insist that neighborhood coffee shops (and in a pinch Peets) are the way to go.

traz 07-31-2007 05:48 PM

peet's ftw

LocustHorde 07-31-2007 05:48 PM

Have you ever met the chairman, Charles Shultz, and if so, why did he give up on the Sonics and sell them to a hick from Oklahoma who is going to move them back to Oklahoma City?

Death Valley 07-31-2007 05:50 PM

When I worked in the city (Manhattan) a 16oz. coffee on the street was $1.25 (or 1.56 for 20 oz) a 20oz. at SBUX was $2.08

So starbucks cost 33.33% more but was IMO much better quality/tasting coffee and I got to add the milk and sugar myself so I always ended up with the perfect cup.... easily worth the extra 52 cents to me

ClassicBob 07-31-2007 05:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nicejob CB. So far you've held your own.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

guids 07-31-2007 05:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
guids, I think you're confusing yuppies and hippies. Pretty sure hippies are the ones who frequent the neighborhood coffeeshops, and wouldn't be caught dead patronizing the evil megacorporation Starbucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

no way man, i thought starbucks was hippy central, which of course I always found funny becuase as you say megacorp etc.

[/ QUOTE ]
Here in SF hippies hate Starbucks and insist that neighborhood coffee shops (and in a pinch Peetes) are the way to go.

[/ QUOTE ]

seriously? this blows my mind. Alright, I take EVERYTHING back, folgers is about 3.6 cents per cup, I am now fully prepared to buy a 1.60 cent cup of coffee, spending about 50 times more per cup than I should, just to stick it to the hippies.

El Diablo 07-31-2007 05:53 PM

LH,

Charles = Peanuts, Howard = Starbucks

El Diablo 07-31-2007 05:54 PM

quids,

"spending about 50 times more per cup than I should"

It's weird that you keep saying this. How are you able to handle going out for drinks or eating at a restaurant?