Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Tell the worst TURNING PRO STORY you have heard. (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=462985)

RikaKazak 07-31-2007 05:59 PM

Re: Tell the worst TURNING PRO STORY you have heard.

[ QUOTE ]
guy has no job and a kid and gf. gf gets cancer and cant afford bills. guy gets idiots on the net to ship him thousands which he squanders at 50-100.

[/ QUOTE ]

whatever happened to vig? just quit 2+2 or?

RichardHurtz 08-01-2007 02:27 AM

The worst story:

You know the one. The 18 year olds that lives with their parents and claim to be a professional poker players. You know the guy that plays the $2.00 dollar tourneys or the .05/.10 games.....Its a familiar story.

NickyC 08-01-2007 10:13 AM

1. Why do you morons keep quoting that 3 page quote. I think by now we get the idea and don't need to see it for the 20th time.
2. Thread delivers otherwise.

Squareview 08-01-2007 11:09 AM

^^^ hate when donks quote long stuff

Gildwulf 08-01-2007 11:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Dealer at Turning Stone was recounting how some kid won a donkament. Went on a heater during the same week. Following week quit University, and three weeks later was crying in the hallway, broke, and wondering how it all went wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

HIV?

modnareno 08-01-2007 12:31 PM

Playing 1/2NL Live at the Tropicana in AC. Two "kids" are both up a couple stacks each by 6am after playing all night. They have a train to catch to make it back to Pennsylvania. They take off, no big deal.

Hour and a half later they are back in the poker room. "Yeah we missed our train, so i called in to work and just quit. I'm gunna be a pro. Won over five hundred last night, i'll just run it up to a grand and then get a hotel room at 2pm." Three hours later they each lost >$600 and were stumbling away.

Seattleallstar 08-01-2007 01:28 PM

lol@ 1/2 at the Tropicana, probably the easiest poker game on the strip. I played there you could read these guys like an open book, plus the call stations, and bad bluffers made this game very profitable. If you know anything at all about poker, you WILL beat this game

davidlong14 08-01-2007 02:15 PM

they'r all the same

Kala1928 08-01-2007 03:01 PM

yeah gotta search for those soft 1/2 live games ty for the tip

sethypooh21 08-01-2007 03:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i really fail to see how this story is hilarious.

to me it looks like some 13 year old kids school paper.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fgators?