Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Puzzles and Other Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Hacker Attack (All Info Game Thread - Feb 19 Start) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=335253)

traz 03-06-2007 12:43 PM

Re: Hacker Attack (All Info Game Thread - Feb 19 Start)

How is that dumb?

I don't understand how you can keep blaming people for being lynched when you get lynched every game. Try validating your statements kyro

traz 03-06-2007 12:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, traz should be shot for acting the exact same way in prisoners as he did in this game

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats pretty much the goal of the game I think :P

Nicholasp27 03-06-2007 12:43 PM

i've stated that i need to be less wolfy on many occassions

that still doesn't change the fact that u've called me a wolf at least 13 of the last 15 games and i've been a wolf maybe 3-4 times

traz 03-06-2007 12:44 PM

actually nich, the vast majority of the times I call you a wolf, I'm actually a wolf. But by endgame, you don't realise it, so in your head you think I always call you a wolf.

Nicholasp27 03-06-2007 12:45 PM

also, i didn't blame anyone for lynching me

i stated that my afkness was the cause and i apologized

i am just pointing out that u/zurvan shoulda been the other target instead of everyone thinking u2 were clear considering that no 'confirmed' was eaten 3 nights ago

Nicholasp27 03-06-2007 12:45 PM

no, traz

u have called me a wolf as a wolf like 4 times recently

but u have also called me a wolf as a villager when i was a villager at least 7 or 8 times recently

it doesn't matter too much, tho...as when u call me a wolf, the village doesn't jump onto me like they do when u call others a wolf because they know u aren't great at reading me

traz 03-06-2007 12:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i am just pointing out that u/zurvan shoulda been the other target instead of everyone thinking u2 were clear considering that no 'confirmed' was eaten 3 nights ago

[/ QUOTE ]

And like I'm saying, that is just wrong. Herbie shoulda been the other target, not me or zurvan.

Nicholasp27 03-06-2007 12:48 PM

unless someone is 100% seer cleared, they should be a target

u were not 100% seer cleared

thus, u are a target

and the fact that villagers were treating u/stephen/zurvan as 'confirmed' means wolves shoulda eaten the 3 of u

ESPECIALLY when stephen was 100% right on sights so the wolves were REALLY WANTING to eat him

however, they couldn't as then they'd have to eat zurvan and then that'd leave traz exposed

the fact that they waited to eat the seer should be weighted pretty strongly...thus u2 shoulda been targets

traz 03-06-2007 12:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

the fact that they waited to eat the seer should be weighted pretty strongly...thus u2 shoulda been targets

[/ QUOTE ]

The logical conclusion here is that the seer was WRONG. Anyone in zurvan's shoes would have thought the same way. You can't see it if you're not in his shoes. Period. Even stephen thought he was wrong.

fnord_too 03-06-2007 12:50 PM

Nailing traz was virtually impossible. Kyro not being a useful seer but having 3 (confirmed) out of 4 peeks, with the last not looking wolfy, pretty much sewed the game up. I don't think the wolves absolutely have to kill a confirmed since the difference is getting to a final three with one confirmed or no confirmeds, it is not a lock (I think, I don't recall count details fully, but if all three are truly confirmed not killing one does not lead to a forced win since there were three 'unknowns' anyway out of five when the must lynch happened.)

Also, I did not think the neil attack by traz was too over the top, becuase he was just getting wolfier and wolfier as the game went on. The books defense was a bit iffy, but books was taking a villagerish posture, he just had too many likely seers peek him. I could so easily buy a villager traz disregarding all the peek info at that point.

This game came down to rand and kyro.

If it runs again, I may rethink peek strategy some (when to reveal). I think re-peeks should not automatically be the same as the first peek, though. That just gives the wolves so much play and is the only real reason why coming out immediately with peeks may not be best (unless I am missing something in my internal analysis). (Basically, if I have peeked x,y, and z, and now 6 other players are dead, my potential peeks are so limitted screwing with them is a high probability option for the wolves.)

I have a few thoughts on rules tweaks, so if you do run it again I will think more about them.

Nicholasp27 03-06-2007 12:50 PM

and i also have taken a big part of the blame for this game, btw

my afkness caused me to be the 'autolynch'

and then if i had noticed stephen's peeks yesterday i coulda pointed out that wolves thought he was seer and waited to kill him

that may have been enough to get nez/zurvan on my side

Nicholasp27 03-06-2007 12:51 PM

do u agree with this statement: "if someone isn't 100% seer cleared, they should be considered a potential target"

Zurvan 03-06-2007 12:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
do u agree with this statement: "if someone isn't 100% seer cleared, they should be considered a potential target"

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO, traz was 100% seer cleared.

Zurvan 03-06-2007 12:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
how many wolves were left when stephen peeked me? one was silencer so couldn't manipulate...so maybe 2-3 that could try to harm stephen's peeks?

so i was like 50-60% seer-cleared? u/traz were 70-80%? nez/herbie were 0%?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nich: all that needed to happen was you as a wolf manipulate Stephen's peek of you to show you as a villager. That's what I figured was happening, so I was disregarding seer peeks after everybody came out.

fnord_too 03-06-2007 12:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I do. But here's the thing, it is a viable, though possibly inferior, strategy to leave a confirmed for the final three if you think that either:
1. it will confuse or mislead the village substantially or
2. the confirmed is not likely to make the correct decision

Edit - I misread and was thinking of wolf target.

In my mind traz was 100% seer cleared too. (It's not that it was impossible for him to be a wolf, as I read along I considered that, but that when you look at the conditional probabilities you just couldn't overcome the strong liklihood that kyro was a useful seer. That is, that point in his favor made it pretty much impossible, given the situation, to lynch traz, or zurvan for that matter.)

Nicholasp27 03-06-2007 12:57 PM

how can someone be 100% seer cleared in this game?

they can't be

he was 80% by the math

fnord_too 03-06-2007 12:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

they can't be

he was 80% by the math

[/ QUOTE ]

More than 80%, because even if Kyro was not useful, he could have gotten traz right.

Neil S 03-06-2007 01:02 PM

Since we weren't given the exact numbers of each kind of seer, and because so many people died with unknown seer types, you can't say he had any percentage chance of being one kind of seer or another.

You can only do the math the other way: he only had N% chance of getting these peeks assuming he was this or that type.

Zurvan 03-06-2007 01:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

they can't be

he was 80% by the math

[/ QUOTE ]

I found it far more likely the wolves left traz/myself alive to get one of us lynched than kyro was a useless seer. Between that and my read that traz was a villager, I considered it 100%.

traz 03-06-2007 01:04 PM

nich, here's the distinction I'm making. I was a potential target, but I wasn't lynchable. There is a difference. Even if someone isn't 100% cleared, they may well be close to 100% unlynchable

Nicholasp27 03-06-2007 01:53 PM

that's why i voted herbie

he was lynchable that day; u weren't lynchable until final 3

Nicholasp27 03-06-2007 01:54 PM

yes, it is a viable strategy for wolves to not kill a confirmed for one day to make traz look bad

but it's almost a given that they will if traz is a wolf...

close to 100% that they delay if traz is a wolf

maybe 10% that they do that if traz isn't a wolf

i shoulda figured out that herbie/traz were the combo the previous day and then i coulda said to kill me and when i show up villager, kill herbie/traz

HerbieGRD 03-06-2007 01:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i shoulda figured out that herbie/traz were the combo the previous day and then i coulda said to kill me and when i show up villager, kill herbie/traz

[/ QUOTE ]
This strategy never works - ever.

kyro 03-06-2007 01:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How is that dumb?

I don't understand how you can keep blaming people for being lynched when you get lynched every game. Try validating your statements kyro

[/ QUOTE ]

If you don't know why that's a dumb statement, then wow.

Would somebody less dumb than traz like to take a shot? Anyone?

Nicholasp27 03-06-2007 02:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
This strategy never works - ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe not, but it was better than how it worked out...i was autolynch, so shoulda been lynched before must-lynch

at least there would be a chance that xoom/nez would go for it...

Neil S 03-06-2007 02:22 PM

I think most people here tend to do their best NOT to read anything into wolf actions unless those actions are necessary for them to win the game.

Trying to reason from seer hunts is about the only thing people will seemingly do.

So I don't see the "If I die, kill X and Y" as ever having any chance to work around here.

shortline99 03-06-2007 03:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Also, traz should be shot for acting the exact same way in prisoners as he did in this game

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats pretty much the goal of the game I think :P

[/ QUOTE ]
careful sir [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

kyro 03-06-2007 03:50 PM

Randomly attacking me for little reason whatsoever right after you randomly attacked me as a wolf for the first time ever is the goal of the game?

I am astounded. I've been playing this game all wrong.

jjhender 03-06-2007 08:10 PM

I'm in the process of forgetting I ever played in this game due to my retardedness, but I would be remiss not to at least post some sort of follow up.

1. Thanks Durron, great game!

2. Sorry village. I decided to try some FPS idiocy once I realized that with the game's direction I would probably be lynched once we got down to 5. I decided to go after one of the most widely "confirmed" villagers. Choosing between traz and zurvan, I went with the guy with more posts. Wow, did that backfire on me.

fmxda 12-02-2007 01:23 AM

bump