Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MOD DISCUSSION (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Post deleted by Mat Sklansky (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=222300)

farang0 10-09-2006 05:21 AM

Re: Ask Degen Anything About Living In Thailand

Your websites gross $270 a year? Ouch, maybe time to leave the pr0n industry to the pros?

xxThe_Lebowskixx 10-09-2006 06:13 AM

jv,

if you really want to carry a gun, you can in Cambodia.

Ribsauce 10-09-2006 07:54 AM

The Full Moon Party was indeed awesome. I woke up with a hangover like I haven't had in ages. Good times though.

I'm not sure what my plan is now. I'll figure it out tomorrow I guess.

southerndog 10-09-2006 08:17 AM

Rib, did you get laid?

Ribsauce 10-09-2006 08:26 AM

No but I easily could have I guess. I was hanging out with some hotties and had one of those "I have to go to bed RIGHT NOW" moments at 6am or so and pulled the sneak away from everyone and pass out within 10 seconds of opening the door moves.

MagicNinja 10-09-2006 08:33 AM

I figured I might as well just chime in with my thoughts on Thailand:

Thailand is an awesome place. The food is great. If you go to Bangkok and walk around, you will automatically eat way healthier, since if you're like me, you actually really like stuff like pinapple and watermelon, its just too much effort to go buy a pinapple when you want a snack. In Thailand it's like 15c for a bag for really fresh pinapple and you can get them everywhere. You can get a guy to blend a mango, some papaya and a banana together, for like 20c. The women are hot and friendly. I recommend checking out the south, islands like Koh Pha Ngan (if you're 18-25) and Koh Samui (if you're like 26-X) have awesome night life (check out the full moon party as others have said, it is seriously awesome fun), Koh Tao has some great diving spots and is a great place to learn to dive, Krabi and Koh Phi Phi (one of the areas The Beach) was filmed have incredible natural landscapes and beaches (yeah, definitely no waves though, people kind of just lounge around like crocodiles in the water). I met a guy who was playing 5-10 limit who was living on Koh Pha Ngan playing 2 tables and he was a pretty average player, but he was making enough to live there.

Bangkok is a cool place to spend money, there's good night life, places to shop like crazy, etc. It also has the best hospital I have ever stepped foot in in my life (it's also very cheap, especially compared to your retarded American version of healthcare, and even our slightly less retarded Australian version). If you want something more cultural you can check out Chiang Mai in the north which is usually the starting point for trekks people go on with the hill tribes and there's lots of temples and such there, it's an interesting place but not my favourite.

If you're planning to move to Thailand though, I think you have to be the right sort of person. I couldn't do it personally, since I hate being waited on hand on foot for everything, I can't handle people who avoid confrontation at all costs, and also because I think the life that you can live there is almost too easy. Even if you just teach english there, it's easy enough to get enough money to buy some ok clothes, get happily drunk and hook up with some random chick every other night. I just don't feel like you progress any as a human being in this kind of environment, personally I had troubles having any kind of real conversation with anyone about anything. But the people are great and friendly. Hard to explain.

Go there for a holiday and check it out, place is mad good. Go dive on Koh Tao, get wasted on the full moon, meet heaps of whacky backpackers, hook up with thai chicks and easy going euros, go run a crazy 60 hour bender in bangkok, and then decide if you want to live there. Bit like Vegas, really. I'd get depressed if I lived there for more than a few months though, I think, but that definitely doesn't mean you will.

MagicNinja 10-09-2006 08:37 AM

you were at the full moon and you made it to a door? piker.

Ribsauce 10-09-2006 08:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]

If you're planning to move to Thailand though, I think you have to be the right sort of person. I couldn't do it personally, since I hate being waited on hand on foot for everything, I can't handle people who avoid confrontation at all costs, and also because I think the life that you can live there is almost too easy. Even if you just teach english there, it's easy enough to get enough money to buy some ok clothes, get happily drunk and hook up with some random chick every other night. I just don't feel like you progress any as a human being in this kind of environment, personally I had troubles having any kind of real conversation with anyone about anything. But the people are great and friendly. Hard to explain.

[/ QUOTE ]

great paragraph and I agree.

I might try to come back with a couple of friends next summer, but I don't think I could live here for more than a year for the same reasons.

I'd like to live here while I'm 25, but if I'm 30 and still living here I gotta examine my life, know what I mean?

southerndog 10-09-2006 08:58 AM

AWESOME, AWESOME post, ninja, except, I'd hope you had a meaningful convo with either Degen or myself, lol.

MagicNinja 10-09-2006 09:04 AM

haha, yea ok, good point.

Edit: Too polite to say what degen said [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Oh by the way, I haven't updated it for a while but there's some random stories from thailand at Vagrant7.livejournal.com.