Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   **Fantasy Basketball Advice Thread** (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=519574)

Franchise 60 11-16-2007 03:45 AM

Re: **Fantasy Basketball Advice Thread**

[ QUOTE ]
is josh howard+paul pierce for dwight howard low balling in a 10 team, keep 3, H2H league?

my league hasn't had a single trade and I don't know what to do to get managers moving players.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats way one sided towards the team getting PP/JH

hanster 11-16-2007 05:23 AM

Brad22 = xxxnoahxxx?

FUJItheFISH 11-17-2007 07:18 AM

10 team, keep 3, H2H league
trade proposals initiated by me:

mine for theirs:
josh howard for kirilenko
damien wilkins for chris bosh
paul pierce for joe johnson

i have way too many small forwards.
i could use another power forward and a second pg.

guy with AK has many PFs and guy with JJ has many PGs so i think these trades will go through.

i dont think the guy will part with bosh just because he is bosh but worth a shot.

also thinking about trading lebron. all the guys in my league are pretty religious about keepers and i think i can get a lot more value for LBJ than his actual keeper value.

or am i not valueing a keeper correctly? this is my first year doing a keeper as well.

vixticator 11-17-2007 08:12 AM

Anyone know wtf is up with the Memphis PG situation?

Burdzthewurd 11-17-2007 08:57 AM

My FT% is lackluster in my standard 9-cat roto league (75%) though I don't have any terrible culprits except Andre Miller. Who should I target for trades to improve in that cat (I'm 2nd in rebounding and points, 3rd-5th in everything else)

FUJItheFISH 11-17-2007 05:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My FT% is lackluster in my standard 9-cat roto league (75%) though I don't have any terrible culprits except Andre Miller. Who should I target for trades to improve in that cat (I'm 2nd in rebounding and points, 3rd-5th in everything else)

[/ QUOTE ]

you could probably get ray allen for a fair price right now.

FUJItheFISH 11-17-2007 05:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i wish i knew. otherwise i wouldnt be juggling lowry and conley every other day.

Brad22 11-17-2007 11:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Brad22 = xxxnoahxxx?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, must be a coincidence. Plus, I'm a Knicks fan...not sure how much longer I can deal with that.

[ QUOTE ]
10 team, keep 3, H2H league
trade proposals initiated by me:

mine for theirs:

josh howard for kirilenko
I would not accept this deal, prob closer than I suspect though.

damien wilkins for chris bosh
Insta-reject

paul pierce for joe johnson
Nearly identical right now, good deal

i have way too many small forwards.
i could use another power forward and a second pg.

guy with AK has many PFs and guy with JJ has many PGs so i think these trades will go through.

i dont think the guy will part with bosh just because he is bosh but worth a shot.

also thinking about trading lebron. all the guys in my league are pretty religious about keepers and i think i can get a lot more value for LBJ than his actual keeper value.

or am i not valueing a keeper correctly? this is my first year doing a keeper as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Prob no one in NBA that has more keeper-league value than Lebron, maybe Wade. Maybe Durant/Yao/Chris Paul/Arenas, but that's all that's even close, and it's still not close.

Post some of those trades - you would have to get a ton of value back in order to deal LBJ.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i wish i knew. otherwise i wouldnt be juggling lowry and conley every other day.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hold Lowry in a H2H if you're struggling for assists. I'm holding Conley in a weekly league with 6 bench spots - I figure Conley for 25-35 min in a few weeks. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

FUJItheFISH 11-18-2007 06:05 AM

any PFs i should be looking out for in the near future that are probably on waivers in a 10 team league?

all trades didnt go. pretty sad about it.

offered LBJ for chris paul and rashard lewis but that didnt go through.

i picked up luis scola which im hoping will help me for my next few days but once tmac comes back we all know that his production goes away.

i mean theres radmanovic, maxiell, joe smith, andray blatche, reggie evans, antoine walker, travis outlaw, jeff green, villaneuva, donyell marshall, garbajosa, warrick, maybe thornton, maybe nene...

edit- for those familiar with knee cap injuries how long do they take to heal? (randy foye) and boo on the conley shoulder strain.

thanks.

Franchise 60 11-18-2007 01:41 PM

I'm the commish in one of my leasgues, which is a Yahoo league with 12 teams. I made the mistake of going with the ability to veto trades, assuming it wouldn't be a problem. It only takes 4 votes to veto a trade and it seems as if a block of players are just veto'ing every trade because they have good teams.

7 out of 8 trades proposed have been vetoed. Multiple people have written league messages complaining about the vetoes, and even after people started getting pissed the last two trades were vetoed: Dirk for Chris Paul, and Biedrins for Peja. Both trades were trades of need for each team and should have easily gone through.

Whats my play? I can't change the veto system, and I feel like this is ruining the league.

BobboFitos 11-18-2007 04:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Whats my play? I can't change the veto system, and I feel like this is ruining the league.

[/ QUOTE ]
should've given yourself sole power. in fantasy sports, dictatorship > democracy

Franchise 60 11-20-2007 01:33 PM

PG - Arenas
SG - Monta Ellis
G - Devon Harris
Sf - Mike Miller
pf - Rashard Lewis
f- Josh Howard
c- Camby
c -

Franchise 60 11-20-2007 01:35 PM

12 teams, 9 cat h2h

PG - Arenas
SG - Monta Ellis
G - Devon Harris
Sf - Mike Miller
pf - Rashard Lewis
f- Josh Howard
c- Camby
c- Sean Williams/Darko/Theo Ratliff
Util - Grant Hill
Util - Luis Scola
bnch - Bonzi Wells, Bibby

Was offered David West/Ricky Davis for Mike Miller/Grant Hill.

Thoughts?

kidcolin 11-20-2007 01:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
should've given yourself sole power. in fantasy sports, dictatorship > democracy

[/ QUOTE ]

It's even worse. It's not even democracy. Just takes 4 votes.

You really boned this one, Franchise. I would tell the league to stop being a bunch of [censored] and I'd quit if it keeps up.

MCS 11-20-2007 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ask people who vetoed reasonable trades why they vetoed them.

cellobob 11-20-2007 03:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ask people who vetoed reasonable trades why they vetoed them.

[/ QUOTE ]

How much power have you actually ceded? In my Yahoo league I have the ability to lock/edit rosters, add/drop players from any team. I don't know if changing to league votes changes this. If you do have this power it is possible to force trades through. Of course that should only be a last resort.

You need to tell anyone vetoing a trade to post why they are doing so, and if they don't then more extreme measures may be taken.

There is really no good solution at this point though as this basically amounts to changing the rules midstream which is a big no-no. It's up to you to decide what is best for the health of the league.

sethypooh21 11-20-2007 04:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Was offered David West/Ricky Davis for Mike Miller/Grant Hill.

Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

Fist pump?

West 11-20-2007 04:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm the commish in one of my leasgues, which is a Yahoo league with 12 teams. I made the mistake of going with the ability to veto trades, assuming it wouldn't be a problem. It only takes 4 votes to veto a trade and it seems as if a block of players are just veto'ing every trade because they have good teams.

7 out of 8 trades proposed have been vetoed. Multiple people have written league messages complaining about the vetoes, and even after people started getting pissed the last two trades were vetoed: Dirk for Chris Paul, and Biedrins for Peja. Both trades were trades of need for each team and should have easily gone through.

[/ QUOTE ]

The nice thing about ESPN (at least the pay leagues, not sure about free) is that they handle whether trades go through. You can "protest" any trade you don't think is fair and include your reasoning. ESPN then makes a decision on any trade that is protested. IMO they've always done a good job with their decisions (at least in basketball, don't know about other sports), although one year at the beginning of the season everything that got protested was getting vetoed by ESPN for some reason until they got their [censored] together and then started judging trades normally.

I'm in a Yahoo football league where we have the votes to veto thing, and the same thing has happened where no trades go through. Started because one owner got bitter when his rip off trade got vetoed, and started voting against other trades, but we also have guys who will vote against trades that are legit just because they'd rather they not happen.
I am the commish but I don't intervene other than to explain why I think a trade is fair or unfair, or to suggest how I think vetoing should be used. Next year though I may insist that we do the league somewhere where trade vetoing is not decided by the owner vote.

MCS 11-21-2007 08:58 AM

I'm commissioner and I just set it to "commissioner alone can veto trades." I plan to veto virtually nothing other than super-obvious collusion, which I have no concerns about happening anyway. We haven't had a single trade all year, so it's mostly irrelevant for us.

Oh and of course I will veto any trades that don't help me dramatically.

Holybull 11-21-2007 06:00 PM

Rate this trade (already happened):

Al Jefferson
Rashad Mccants

vs.

Tim Thomas
Ben Gordon

cellobob 11-21-2007 08:41 PM

McCants is a step up from waiver wire fodder so to me it's mostly a 2 for 1.
AlJeff is the best player so I like that side. His blocks are a bit slow early but his %s scoring and boards are all great.
Gordon is a good player who can have absolutely huge games, but is something of an empty points player at times, he will score consistently but sometimes do nothing else. The Bulls should start playing better across the board so his numbers should improve. Tim Thomas has the potential to be really good right now with the Clippers depleted, but that is the story of his career, and he's always played below his talent level.

FUJItheFISH 11-21-2007 09:08 PM

you all need to go and pick up antonio daniels.

Burdzthewurd 11-22-2007 05:53 AM

Someone just dropped Arenas in my H2H league - we each have 50 moves max we can make in the season (incl. playoffs), so is he worth picking up/stashing away? I'll probably go and get Antonio Daniels as well.

4 High 11-24-2007 10:38 PM

Would anyone do this deal in a keeper league?

Trading Away...

Lebron
Noah
Brewer
Foye
Mike James

For

Iguodala
Nash
Diaw
Chandler
Maggette

xorbie 11-24-2007 10:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Someone just dropped Arenas in my H2H league - we each have 50 moves max we can make in the season (incl. playoffs), so is he worth picking up/stashing away? I'll probably go and get Antonio Daniels as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is an obvious yes, so long as your team is going to almost surely make the playoffs.

hanster 11-25-2007 05:31 AM

4 high,

Which Brewer? Has to be Ronnie right? And imho kind of useless without the rest of the team and how many keepers you get.

4 High 11-25-2007 10:25 AM

Corey.

It's a keep 4 league.

I also have...

Wade
Tmac
Yao
J O'Neal
T. Prince
D. Lee
Shaq
Felton
Kmart
Walton
Bogut

I could drop Brewer, but FA is thin. The best available are...

Swift
Diogu
Walker
Outlaw

hanster 11-26-2007 03:08 AM

adasfasdasgfasdfagsgahfaj;sdfja;gjasf who is kmart? Kevin Martin? Kenyon Martin?

wow your team is stacked. Is this a 6-team league? How many guys do you start? Daily or weekly setting? I assume keeper = h2h, am i right?

As of now, you're going to keep: Wade, Yao, LeBron, and either TMac or JO (You don't have any youngsters that's worthy to keep next year so far so I'd choose those two). If the trade goes through you'd keep Iguodala instead of LeBron and Nash over TMac/JO? I like your team right now and wouldn't do anything.

ehafner 11-27-2007 06:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Would anyone do this deal in a keeper league?

Trading Away...

Lebron
Noah
Brewer
Foye
Mike James

For

Iguodala
Nash
Diaw
Chandler
Maggette

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah man it'd take a little more for somebody to bum Lebron off of me.

effang 11-27-2007 07:34 PM

h2h 16 team (SUPER DEEP) 9 cats. 6 team playoffs.

my core 6 is very strong. Waivers and FA are really, really horrible and if i want to make the playoffs i have to go for a bunch of 2-1's.

my current roster

Baron Davis
Chris Kaman
David Lee
Dwyane Wade
Kevin Martin
LaMarcus Aldridge
Eduardo Najera
Francisco Garcia
Linas Kleiza
Nenad Krstic
Carlos Delfino
Channing Frye

my team is all risk/injury/potential. i want to get rid of davis and wade because of injury, kaman martin and aldridge because they can't play any better.

villain's offer
marvin williams
jamaal crawford

for my
lamarcus aldridge

i think this is "fair" but then i am very low on PF and C's. also...picking up anybody from the knicks seems ridiculous.

As is...i really do need to fill up my bench with stronger players.

g-bebe 11-27-2007 11:58 PM

i'm offered

Steve Nash + Ronnie Brewer

for

Al Jefferson + Richard Jefferson

is it a fair deal (I have no idea about fantasy basketball)? fyi I'm 6th out of 8th in this roto league, being offered by the 8th place team.

westside8 11-30-2007 03:29 AM

5 player, 14 team keeper. Standard 9 categories and roster.

I am probably throwing this season with Gilbert Arenas out. But my keepers so far are:

Gilbert Arenas
Tracy McGrady
Carlos Boozer
Emeka Okafor

Last one is eithe Andrew Bogut, Ben Gordon, Kyle Korver.

I've been offered
Shawn Marion, Al Harrington, Marvin Williams for Carlos Boozer, Tracy McGrady, Raymond Felton

Any thoughts? Remember I'm looking to build for next season and not this one. I don't have the big name young guys, so I hope to win within a couple of seasons.

Frelo 11-30-2007 12:15 PM

g-bebe >

It's basically Nash vs JeffersonČ, considering this is a 8-team league and you can always find a Brewer in the waivers...

westside >

Marion is the only really reliable one, but doesn't dive you any assists.

Al Harrington is only the 3rd scoring option in GSW, behind Stephen Jackson and Baron Davis, and probably 4th if you include Monta Ellis.

Marvin Williams (which I own in a Hoops league) is too bumpy. Ultimately, I'd avoid any Hawk except JJ. Of course I just said I own him, but it's as 12th man in a 16-team league, just waiting to see if he'll improve during the season.

On your side : Boozer seems to be stuck in the 20-10 zone for as long as he'll play with Deron Williams. T-Mac, as long as he's healthy, is at least as good as Marion. Felton (own him twice) is in a breakout year and, should he improve his shoot selection, will be a 2nd guard lock for years to come.Clearly on your disadvantage. Only thing I could think about is Marion for T-Mac, but T-Mac is an all-around guy, and if you play with categories...

Frelo 11-30-2007 12:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
h2h 16 team (SUPER DEEP) 9 cats. 6 team playoffs.

As is...i really do need to fill up my bench with stronger players.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would you drop a 19-8 center with .750 FT% in a breakout year for basically Jamal Crawford ? Even in a 16-team league you can find a Marvin Williams in the waivers. And having a Knick right now is of course a bad idea, sorry for Lee because he's worth more than the minutes he's given.

Of course Aldridge probably won't be any better this season, but he's a steal if you drafted him below #100, even #70 in a 16-team league. He IS a strong player.

Don't trade him for anything but 18-9 lock material.

Kaman is also getting rebounds like his life depends on it right now, you can always trade him but keep an eye on Brand's recovery.