Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   ***SSNL LIFE THREAD NOV*** (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=535846)

4_2_it 11-01-2007 11:44 AM

Re: ***SSNL LIFE THREAD NOV***

[ QUOTE ]
on another blast from the past brag notice, quarkncover imed me last night, but variance: I was asleep.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please follow up on this. Quark was/is an awesome SSNL poster.

PedroCerrano 11-01-2007 12:12 PM

My condolences, GSykes.

Cue-Ball 66 11-01-2007 12:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think I got with some slompdonkey last night.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats a good thing. Means you don't have to feel guilty when you don't call them. Fat girls don't have feelings ldo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhhhh fat girls aren't even people.

flyfishingnut10 11-01-2007 01:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats a good thing. Means you don't have to feel guilty when you don't call them. Fat girls don't have feelings ldo.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't even know if she was fat. Just don't think she was a 10. Or a 9. Or probably not a 5. I was a mess.

Halloween was a lot of fun though!

In other news, does anybody wanna give me some help in C++? I'm just becoming increasingly lost and stressed in this class. I've never programmed before this year and the professor moves rather fast.

RockRattler 11-01-2007 01:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My condolences, GSykes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jamougha 11-01-2007 01:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In other news, does anybody wanna give me some help in C++? I'm just becoming increasingly lost and stressed in this class. I've never programmed before this year and the professor moves rather fast.

[/ QUOTE ]

Classes are not useful for learning to program. You do it by banging your head against it until it makes sense. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Xanta 11-01-2007 01:39 PM

19/m/Engineering Physics student at Queens University, Kingston.

Youngin.

Suigin406 11-01-2007 01:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't even know if she was fat. Just don't think she was a 10. Or a 9. Or probably not a 5. I was a mess.

Halloween was a lot of fun though!

[/ QUOTE ]

fly, it's been years since i've prog'd in C++, but there are a lot of good sites out there which have forums/tutorials. I found these to be really helpful, though I did actually take a class, so I'm not sure how much independent help it gave, but still, I recommend that...

i mean, for other languages, like java and VB, i just took out books from the library and they worked great

RockRattler 11-01-2007 02:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Classes are not useful for learning to program. You do it by banging your head against it until it makes sense. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO classes are great for concepts but you only ever get good if you practice coding.

A bit like poker really. You need some key concepts to make you proceed in the right direction but you can't learn it from a book.

poincaraux 11-01-2007 02:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO classes are great for concepts but you only ever get good if you practice coding.

A bit like poker really. You need some key concepts to make you proceed in the right direction but you can't learn it from a book.

[/ QUOTE ]

Textbook examples won't help most people. The best way to learn is to pick a project that you'd like to do and start doing it. Then, the class is just there to help you do a better job writing the stuff you want to write.