Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes MTT (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=89)
-   -   63s level 1 WCOOP ME (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=523607)

WarDekar 10-16-2007 04:58 PM

Re: 63s level 1 WCOOP ME

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'd bet around the size of the pot if not more on the river. You don't know this guy and how he plays poker, he might be incapable of folding any made hand at this point, unlike all genius 2+2ers. Bet 5k and they might get confused by your bet size and call you!

[/ QUOTE ]

i think hes way more than 2x as likely to look you up for 2500 than 5k

[/ QUOTE ]

yea probably not the best spot to do this in retrospect.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which is a big reason why I dislike the way this hand was played - even when you hit, you didn't even get paid much!

ImNotSoGood 10-16-2007 07:36 PM

Please god check raise the flop or b3b.

Cold calling the flop here is just so weak tight, yeah you're deep but you are still way ahead of even the tightest ranges, and you are OOOooopppp, your implied odds are [censored] if you play it this way. You have FE against big pairs, and often are even $ against higher flush draws, oh yeah and sometimes youll just take it down on the flop!!!woww!!

And your hand PF is worse here at 400BB than 200BB btw. I still dont mind raising it as long as the CO and BTN aren't solid and aggro.

NYWalker 10-16-2007 09:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

If I bet pot/3-bet allin or 3-bet and push the turn, I pick up a big pot a lot. When I get allin, villain usually has a big pair (which is a coin flip), a set (which is like 3-1), or a strong draw (in which case either hand could be the favorite). I wasn't sure that was the right way to play with the money this deep, but it is not out of the question.

There was some reason why I played passively, given the deep money.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you play this hand right IMO. check/call all the way, if you hit 3 or 6 at the river instead of club, it's more profitable. if you miss, you avoid paying off a lot of chips with draw.

In 50r or other smallers games, other plays may be more profitable. But I think in this spot, you played well.

gobboboy 10-17-2007 12:11 AM

RAISE.

FLOP.

DCJ311 10-17-2007 12:19 AM

This hand is crap because you end up folding the flop/turn way too often with the best hand (a pair).

You don't hit a flush/straight/trips/2 pair often enough to justify putting in 400 preflop and only profiting 850 on the turn and 1700 on the river (which is the best case situation, because you are often making a bet that doesn't even get called).

BTW the best line on the flop is check raise IMO.

NYWalker 10-17-2007 01:40 AM

400BB, cr the flop isn't bad.

The thing is against unknown plus pf range play the hand out of position, over pair would re-raise, what's our plan at the turn? bet/call or check/call?... It's aggressive way to play.

Yes, CR the flop gets most air fold. But, personally, I would play the way betgo did.

baltostar 10-17-2007 01:44 AM

Post-flop could be better, but not as bad as a lot of people are saying. It's generally a mistake with draws to let villain control the action and set the price, especially with a draw that figures to be 2nd best against opponent draws.

But villain isn't smart enough to price out draws and gives you the right prices. You're 36/11 = 3.3:1 to hit on turn and he gives you 1325/450 = 2.9:1. You're 32/14 = 2.3:1 to hit on river and he gives you 2625/850 = 3.1:1.

I can't believe villain called river, I guess with players this bad you can bet more. But why push the boundaries? 1/2 pot is fine.

I prefer betting flop. I believe Gus Hansen prefers this line as well. Mix in some c/r for camoflauge.

Pre-flop is a fold. Here's why:

1. implied odds don't just happen, they contain a component of "getting there". "Getting there" has three components:

(a) hitting the flop hard
(b) escalating the betting
(c) camouflaging your hand

To escalate the betting so that you can get to the implied odds you need to start pre-flop. So, you need to raise, and call re-raises. (You also need to do this to camouflage your hand.)

But with a low SC, S1gap, or S2gap you really need to hit 2p trips or a big combo draw (12 or more outs) to justify the pre-flop outlay.

Without a big made hand or a big combo draw you can not post-flop escalate the stakes with enough confidence to get to the right implied odds without incurring excessive risk.

A S2gap such as 63s is too difficult a hand to do this with. You need hands like 54s 65s 76s 87s. S1gaps 64s 75s 86s might be ok, but I would avoid them.

63s not having a good enough chance to hit big means 2 things:

1. it's too tough to "get there" to the implied odds to justify the cost of the pre-flop raise

2. the ever-present risk of being self-enticed into playing a hand which missed your goal and progressively assuming excessive risk for this pre-flop opp relative to the avg pre-flop opp for your M-bracket

0evg0 10-17-2007 02:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Post-flop could be better, but not as bad as a lot of people are saying. It's generally a mistake with draws to let villain control the action and set the price, especially with a draw that figures to be 2nd best against opponent draws.

But villain isn't smart enough to price out draws and gives you the right prices. You're 36/11 = 3.3:1 to hit on turn and he gives you 1325/450 = 2.9:1. You're 32/14 = 2.3:1 to hit on river and he gives you 2625/850 = 3.1:1.

I can't believe villain called river, I guess with players this bad you can bet more. But why push the boundaries? 1/2 pot is fine.

I prefer betting flop. I believe Gus Hansen prefers this line as well. Mix in some c/r for camoflauge.

1. implied odds don't just happen, they contain a component of "getting there". "Getting there" has three components:

To escalate the betting so that you can get to the implied odds you need to start pre-flop. So, you need to raise, and call re-raises. (You also need to do this to camouflage your hand.)

But with a low SC, S1gap, or S2gap you really need to hit 2p trips or a big combo draw (12 or more outs) to justify the pre-flop outlay.

Without a big made hand or a big combo draw you can not post-flop escalate the stakes with enough confidence to get to the right implied odds without incurring excessive risk.

A S2gap such as 63s is too difficult a hand to do this with. You need hands like 54s 65s 76s 87s. S1gaps 64s 75s 86s might be ok, but I would avoid them.

1. it's too tough to "get there" to the implied odds to justify the cost of the pre-flop raise

2. the ever-present risk of being self-enticed into playing a hand which missed your goal and progressively assuming excessive risk for this pre-flop opp relative to the avg pre-flop opp for your M-bracket

[/ QUOTE ]

td;dr

too dumb; didn't read

NYWalker 10-17-2007 03:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Even though I don't agree with all you said, I like to think the way you think. It's something new to me and very interesting. Thanks for posting.