Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MOD DISCUSSION (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Nath.... (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=515183)

MrWookie 10-04-2007 08:08 PM

Re: Nath....

[ QUOTE ]
wookie,

the quoted text from my post includes a clause for dealing with [censored] that is totally out of line or violates t&c.

[/ QUOTE ]

True, but allow me to rephrase. I don't think mods should be obligated to come in here and justify themselves in a thread every time they ban someone who was trolling them and show explicitly how they were violating the T&C and not just saying something the mod in question disagreed with. Instead, I think the idea of checking with another mod should be added to the list of "good practices" or whatever rather than a hard and fast rule. Mods are encouraged to consult others in these cases, but if they don't, no biggie, esp. if it was determined to be a justified ban after the fact. If the mod seems to have a recurring problem differentiating spirited disagreement and T&C violations and isn't consulting other mods, then he or she gets a stern talking to from the reds.

Ryan Beal 10-04-2007 10:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think mods should be obligated to come in here and justify themselves in a thread every time they ban someone who was trolling them

[/ QUOTE ]

That's part of the idea behind avoiding it to begin with. For a while the general guideline has been that mods should get a red involved if they want to ban someone mostly for personal attacks on them. I think it's also fine to let another mod of the same forum address it when applicable. Really this would only be putting what has already been said into the official sticky.

I'd probably just quote citanul.

NT! 10-04-2007 11:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The rudest word in the world, that I was told when I was 7 and I've never heard said by anyone since, begins with P.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow, let's hear it

durron597 10-05-2007 12:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ryan,

please to be allowing durron to create a citanulisright gimmick account with access to the mod forum, which he will use only to post here. it has great potential.

c

[/ QUOTE ]

durron597 10-05-2007 12:21 AM

p.s. citanul for admin

durron597 10-05-2007 12:23 AM

by the way, when alphawice was harrassing VR (details are unnecessary and won't be repeated by me anyway), she came to [censored] and i and we dealt with it. thats how his original account got banned to begin with. i definitely think that situation worked out much better than if VR had just banned him herself.

in other words, citanulisright

Buzz 10-05-2007 12:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
wow, let's hear it

[/ QUOTE ]

For the crossword fans, I'm guessing five letters with an alternate definition, as a noun, being "the small hole made by piercing something with a sharp point."

Buzz

Ryan Beal 10-05-2007 12:30 AM

Yeah but surely he's heard that since he was seven?

I can't figure it out...

citanul 10-05-2007 12:34 AM

ponce?

miajag 10-05-2007 12:36 AM

pozzed?