Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   see the gyroball: september 22nd @ safeco field! (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=502781)

kyleb 09-27-2007 04:03 AM

Re: see the gyroball: september 22nd @ safeco field!

phb,

Clear out your PM's.

AK,

It was basically middle-high. What I do like about the picture is my extension after contact and my body's position, indicating good weight shift.

Jameso 09-27-2007 10:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Also fantastic was kyle coming up with the bases loaded, and the runners on 2nd and 3rd being so slow that there was no way possible he would have been able to get more than one RBI on the play without hitting it out. LOL FAT OLD PEOPLE.

Best non kyleb moments from the game:

GoT and stabn betting on which little kid would get to the foul balls first, and GoT looking like he was seriously going to start coaching his horse (Green Shirt, who had bad path finding skills).

stabn yelling: METAL BAT PLEASE at some guy who was using a wooden bat and hitting foul balls 3 inches and then realizing that perhaps he had crossed a line.

Dids not getting totally owned when he took the suckers end of a bet with GoT. Yay for weak armed corner IFs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like it was a lot of fun. On the metal bat comment--one of the divisions in PSSBL is wood bat only for 48+ (competetive). I have never seen one of their games, but I imagine that it is painfully slow. The recreational division for 38+ is ridiculously slow paced. Catchers don't even come out of their crouch on steals, just lob it back to the pitcher. 65 mph fastballs are smoking fast and some of the guys are 70+ years old (but they run like 60 year olds).

KJS 09-27-2007 05:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Also fantastic was kyle coming up with the bases loaded, and the runners on 2nd and 3rd being so slow that there was no way possible he would have been able to get more than one RBI on the play without hitting it out. LOL FAT OLD PEOPLE.

Best non kyleb moments from the game:

GoT and stabn betting on which little kid would get to the foul balls first, and GoT looking like he was seriously going to start coaching his horse (Green Shirt, who had bad path finding skills).

stabn yelling: METAL BAT PLEASE at some guy who was using a wooden bat and hitting foul balls 3 inches and then realizing that perhaps he had crossed a line.

Dids not getting totally owned when he took the suckers end of a bet with GoT. Yay for weak armed corner IFs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like it was a lot of fun. On the metal bat comment--one of the divisions in PSSBL is wood bat only for 48+ (competetive). I have never seen one of their games, but I imagine that it is painfully slow. The recreational division for 38+ is ridiculously slow paced. Catchers don't even come out of their crouch on steals, just lob it back to the pitcher. 65 mph fastballs are smoking fast and some of the guys are 70+ years old (but they run like 60 year olds).

[/ QUOTE ]

That is good info. I am 38 next year and I want to play in PSSBL and I am not sure where I would slot in. I am fit and relatively fast but have not played baseball in 20 years competitively. So I am afraid I might not be good enough for the younger leagues but too athletic for the older ones. I guess I will know more after working on my hitting all winter.

KJS

prohornblower 09-27-2007 05:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
phb,

Clear out your PM's.

[/ QUOTE ]

My bad. Done.