Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MOD DISCUSSION (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   more bbv retardedness (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=383771)

private joker 04-23-2007 04:06 AM

Re: more bbv retardedness

[ QUOTE ]

like i said, feel free to take it to ATF and start your trolling. make sure and offer some constructive ideas too, like the x-files forum, and the five hundred threads a day of your favorite madonna song to listen to in your 'i'm the daddy' t-shirt while crying and beating off, etc.

since you have such a track record of being a beloved OOT mod and poster i expect your ideas will be well received

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that for the most part people are too harsh on Carter/DB, and it often feels like he gets ganged up on. But I just had to come into this thread and say that this was a pretty sweet burn. NH, NT.

I still [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] everybody, including NT, Daryn, Nick, Sam, and Carter.

I don't know how you guys keep your sanity modding the high traffic forums...

Gildwulf 04-23-2007 09:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I don't know how you guys keep your sanity modding the high traffic forums...

[/ QUOTE ]

ironic detachment

Gildwulf 04-23-2007 09:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Your idea for a video montage can come at any time. It doesn't require being green.

[/ QUOTE ]

also, I loled at this

daryn 04-23-2007 09:43 AM

so sam i'd like to hear what you have to say about all of this. i hope you don't pull a sniper?

samjjones 04-23-2007 10:32 AM

I actually didn't follow the Sniper ordeal, so I'm not sure what "pulling a Sniper" means...

Per the comments in this thread, I assumed that we implicitly agreed that I'd resign upon completion and posting of a farewell thread, which will include an over the top cheesy music video retrospective. I'm pretty sure I'll need to be green for this, since to my knowledge, non-greens cannot currently embed inline videos (can somebody verify this?) With the responsibilities of the new baby at home, I'm thinking 5/5 is a reasonable ETA for this. Is this cool?

samjjones 04-23-2007 10:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Sam, people don't want you to leave. They just want you to stop criticizing your own forum's modding in public, which is part of what being a mod is all about (bitch about stuff in here, united front everywhere else).

[/ QUOTE ]

OOT seems fine to me. I trust the assessment of daryn and nt!. Sam, if you aren't a constructive part of that team and/ or don't like it, you should quietly give up moderating in that forum.

The notion that you should leave 2+2 is ridiculous, but so is the idea of a farewell post when the farewell is the result of you simply not liking the position.

Your idea for a video montage can come at any time. It doesn't require being green.

Let me know what you guys want to do here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Mat - I enjoy being a moderator and helping out the forums; in this instance, I just happen to disagree with my colleagues re: our forum's quality and direction. I'm sure you've seen this lots of times.

I think my BBV comments have been taken out of context and blown out of proportion, and that's really the only thing in this thread that's bothered me, but I understand where they are coming from since I've offered criticism in the past. Its the internet; I obviously have no hard feelings towards anybody.

Re: what else is needed from you...assuming everybody is fine with my note above, you don't have to do anything until 5/5/07, at which point you can remove me from the OOT mod list and de-green me per OOT mod agreement.

Mike Haven 04-23-2007 10:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
non-greens cannot currently embed inline videos (can somebody verify this?)

[/ QUOTE ]

This is true, but unless you want it to open automatically, a link would suffice.

If you want it to open automatically, you might find there are so many complaints that a mod will have to delete it.

samjjones 04-23-2007 11:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
non-greens cannot currently embed inline videos (can somebody verify this?)

[/ QUOTE ]

This is true, but unless you want it to open automatically, a link would suffice.

If you want it to open automatically, you might find there are so many complaints that a mod will have to delete it.

[/ QUOTE ]

MH - good point. Right now, I'm planning on completely SFW video content, but this could change, so inline might not be an option, anyway.

If I add in any Dr. Dre, I'll also be sure to include the Parental Advisory-Explicit Lyrics tag.

samjjones 04-23-2007 11:19 AM

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/2200/brandfx4.gif

El Diablo 04-23-2007 12:22 PM

sam,

"I just happen to disagree with my colleagues re: our forum's quality and direction"

Instead of repeating that over and over, why don't you actually suggest some things that might improve the quality and discuss your thoughts on the best direction for OOT.

So far all you're doing is complaining rather than actually providing any constructive input.

FWIW, I think farewell posts are sorta stupid. If you think 2+2 sucks and don't want to post anymore, just stop posting.