Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   2+2er Nike Plus running group - who's in? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=295947)

DonkeyKongSr 01-03-2007 05:56 PM

Re: 2+2er Nike Plus running group - who\'s in?

I just ordered Marware Relay after finding out it's so new the Apple Store doesn't carry it yet. in the meantime while I am waiting for the Relay from Amazon, I'll jerry-rig something with my current armband and shoes.

FYI, the Nike Sleeve is retarded (totally covers the screen) and doesn't come with the shoe pouch for the sensor. I don't think any other sleeves work because you have to keep a receiver attached to the Nano and I don't think most sleeves have room for it.

This [censored] is quickly costing me more and more. The iPod was free (thank you Stars!), but I have spent $30 on the Nike+, $30 on the sleeve, and while I was at the iPod store, I picked up some Nike sport headphones for another $30. Now I'm just worried that sometime this year my Nike+ is going to be obsolete because Apple either makes one that works with biking too or they come out with a GPS enabled one. Or maybe they'll do something gay and make it in more colors.

DonkeyKongSr 01-03-2007 07:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Entity, I like the idea of this.

Personally, I plan to get Garmin Forerunner 301 (they can be had for as little as $150). It's a GPS+heart rate monitor that will measure your distance/elevation/etc and heart rate. You can upload all the data to http://www.motionbased.com/ and have accurate pace and spot where your performance drops off, etc.

Anyone a member of Motion Based?

[/ QUOTE ]

Does that work with treadmills? I would think GPS's wouldn't do anything since you technically aren't going anywhere.

theghost 01-03-2007 08:12 PM

Re: 2+2er Nike Plus group

I am down for this, but waiting for the Nike+ kit to arrive (maybe a couple of weeks).

[ QUOTE ]
Okay, got my Nike+ but now I realize I need the Marware case. Anyone know if I can grab it in any stores? I have an Apple store sorta nearby if it's there.

[/ QUOTE ]
I ordered the marware, but evidently velcro will work if you dont need the case for the nano.

AE6 01-03-2007 08:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i just look around because funny stuff is going on ALLL THE TIME. there are plenty of cute girls, but i much more enjoy people doing zany things.

[/ QUOTE ]
wait, what? i clearly work out at the wrong gym.

seriously, what happens?

DonkeyKongSr 01-03-2007 08:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am down for this, but waiting for the Nike+ kit to arrive (maybe a couple of weeks).

[ QUOTE ]
Okay, got my Nike+ but now I realize I need the Marware case. Anyone know if I can grab it in any stores? I have an Apple store sorta nearby if it's there.

[/ QUOTE ]
I ordered the marware, but evidently velcro will work if you dont need the case for the nano.

[/ QUOTE ]

As I said, keep in mind that you also have a receiver that plugs into the bottom of the Nano that sticks out about 3/4 of an inch. You may have to modify whatever armband you have as well to accomodate, unless it's the Nike band or the Marware Relay.

DukeSucks 01-03-2007 09:43 PM

I joined and am just waiting for the sensor to arrive.

Entity,
I sent you a PM with my email and ID name if you want to add me too.

Alobar 01-03-2007 10:47 PM

got the sensor today, now im just waiting on my malware order!

theghost 01-04-2007 12:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

As I said, keep in mind that you also have a receiver that plugs into the bottom of the Nano that sticks out about 3/4 of an inch. You may have to modify whatever armband you have as well to accomodate, unless it's the Nike band or the Marware Relay.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. I don't use an armband, I just run with the iPod in my hand so I can change songs / adjust volume etc as i run. I use this case; it has a velcro hatch at the bottom I can leave open to accommodate the reciever (works for the car adapter at least).

runner4life7 01-04-2007 12:18 AM

this is making me really want to get a nano now. The one time I hate having a video, so I may end up joining this late. Really good idea and I could use the motivation.

Entity 01-04-2007 12:50 AM

Hey guys,

Looks like the Nike site lost their challenge data or something. All my challenges have been down a few days. Please post your email, or at the very least, your Nike name here. Post "username" before it, so I can quickly search through the thread to make sure I don't miss any invites. I'm getting tons of PMs with tons of questions about this -- I've already invited a few of you. If you haven't gotten an invite yet, please post again with username/email. I'll get to the invites as soon as their site is back up.

thanks,
Rob