Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Science, Math, and Philosophy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Right brain v. Left brain test - spinning dancer (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=523906)

onesandzeros 10-20-2007 04:19 AM

Re: Right brain v. Left brain test - spinning dancer

cool test. First saw it counter, then after a few studies I was able to change at will

MiloMinderbinder 10-20-2007 11:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i've tried everyone's tricks and tops but still can't see counter clockwise [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

i've tried everyone's tricks and tops but still can't see clockwise [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Gonso 10-20-2007 06:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is a only an optical illusion and has nothing to do with the pop psychology attached to it.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT

madnak 10-20-2007 08:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i've tried everyone's tricks and tops but still can't see counter clockwise [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

i've tried everyone's tricks and tops but still can't see clockwise [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Try blinking very rapidly. Look at her foot, cover the rest of her if necessary, and imagine just the foot spinning in the desired direction. Imagine a wheel rotating in the desired direction. Look away from the image for a few seconds, then back. Focus on the moment the foot moves behind the leg (and is symmetrical). Try different techniques at the same time.

MiloMinderbinder 10-21-2007 02:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Try blinking very rapidly. Look at her foot, cover the rest of her if necessary, and imagine just the foot spinning in the desired direction. Imagine a wheel rotating in the desired direction. Look away from the image for a few seconds, then back. Focus on the moment the foot moves behind the leg (and is symmetrical). Try different techniques at the same time.

[/ QUOTE ]

The foot focus finally worked. I had to tell myself she was going clockwise and imagining what the silhouette of the foot would look like clockwise. Once I did that it was like a light bulb and she just changed directions. Really weird and really cool.

van_exel_fan 10-22-2007 04:20 PM

Anyone see her going back and forth?

scorcher863 10-22-2007 06:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone see her going back and forth?

[/ QUOTE ]

yea, does she stay facing away or towards you?
For me she was always facing away.

van_exel_fan 10-22-2007 08:51 PM

Facing away...

Edit: This is not possible though because if you look at her chest it faces us during her rotation...

RhitTaker 10-22-2007 09:27 PM

It's a gimmick. It changes direction, but the interval of each sequence is very long, by today's ADHD standards, and is irregularly changed.

You'll see this on Snopes before long, I promise you.