Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Milton Bradley you are a complete Tool (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=508407)

MikeyPatriot 09-25-2007 05:54 PM

Re: Milton Bradley you are a complete Tool

[ QUOTE ]
ANd helton should be forced to speak

[/ QUOTE ]

Seems like Bud could really step up for the players for once here. Force Helton to speak, and it takes a lot of the heat off him.

Triumph36 09-25-2007 05:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ANd helton should be forced to speak

[/ QUOTE ]

Seems like Bud could really step up for the players for once here. Force Helton to speak, and it takes a lot of the heat off him.

[/ QUOTE ]

By pissing off the umpires in the process?

I don't see it.

DesertCat 09-25-2007 08:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yeah ive about had it with these umps

3 mets get thrown out in the past week for arguing a called 3rd strike a good foot outside

[/ QUOTE ]

You think players should be allowed to argue balls and strikes?

Hollywade 09-26-2007 01:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Padres fans must want to choke Mike Winters .

[/ QUOTE ]

This seems more accurate. Bradley has been the best hitter in that pathetic lineup for close to three months. They may not even be in the picture without him. I have a feeling they are more upset with the jackass umpire who baited him into an argument with some ridiculously unprofessional conduct.

Borgland 09-26-2007 01:18 PM

MLB suspended the ump for the rest of the year.

metsandfinsfan 09-26-2007 05:47 PM

MLB suspended umpire Mike Winters for the rest of the season for his conduct during Sunday's game against the Padres.

wow selig doing something right

metsandfinsfan 09-26-2007 05:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
yeah ive about had it with these umps

3 mets get thrown out in the past week for arguing a called 3rd strike a good foot outside

[/ QUOTE ]

You think players should be allowed to argue balls and strikes?

[/ QUOTE ]

i dunno i have to think about that one

thrown out of game is one thing. 3 game suspension for arguing is nuts. th

tuq 09-26-2007 05:54 PM

metsandfins,

Did you seriously just make the exact same post that Borgland did several hours ago and directly above yours? Thread grunching FTL.

I am amazed at the level of conflict which the MLB and the union allow its umpires. I mean the classic nose-to-nose yelling stuff. You'd never see that in the NBA and for whatever reason the NFL's players almost never mix it up with refs and umpires (the head coach seems to be the only one and they never seem to get penalized for their tirades). Yet in baseball, the least testosterone-filled of the three, you have these umps giving it as good as they get it, with the power to run the player or coach at their whim. It seems so strange.

Triumph36 09-26-2007 06:01 PM

tup:

it's part of the game and how it works. managers intentionally get thrown out of games. there's no 'penalties' in baseball as there are in the 3 other major sports, so not being allowed to participate in the rest of the game is the only punishment possible.

tuq 09-26-2007 06:09 PM

Triumph,

That's interesting, I never looked at it that way. That said, I never see NFL players getting into it with refs or umpires hardly at all, even when disputing plays, and can't remember a ref ever throwing the flag on something that was said to them (what would that even be called, unsportsmanlike conduct?).