Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   BBV4Life (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   1000 push-ups in 4 hours (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=508554)

Djeorge 09-25-2007 08:12 PM

Re: 1000 push-ups in 4 hours

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Maybe I am just cynical, but when I left home to be a degen, my father took me aside and said "son, I'm sorry I can't stake you to a proper bankroll, but instead let me give you some advice. One day in your travels you will meet a man who will show you a brand new deck of cards upon which the seal has not been broken. This man will offer to bet you that he can make the jack of spades jump out of the deck and squirt cider in your ear. But you will not take this bet son, because as sure as you are standing there you will end up with an ear full of cider."

[/ QUOTE ]

this is a famous quote

[/ QUOTE ]
yeah I think I've read it in Fast Company talking about Puggy Pearson or someone

theAMOG 09-25-2007 08:17 PM

I guess you guys don't workout much, or atleast dont do pushups. I do 200-250 every other day and it's a breeze really, I'm used to them so I don't get sore at all. It takes me about 30 minutes to do them and I take my time. They aren't even standard pushups, the majority are elevated or diamond pushups, or elevated and diamond. I would definitely take this bet. I'm sure I'd get sore, but I'd get your money too.

mmbt0ne 09-25-2007 08:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would definitely take this bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

But, by swinging your dick around, you'd never get offered it.

theAMOG 09-25-2007 08:36 PM

This isn't about me getting offered the bet, it's about insight into OP's bet, and I'm giving him the insight that he definitely COULD lose. Yeah I realize no one that knows me would offer me this bet though. I'm the AMOG, they know better.

Hiiiiiiii 09-25-2007 08:38 PM

This is getting seemingly harder and harder to do.

Himself 09-25-2007 10:02 PM

I love these threads, I can't wait to see results. I wish I had friends who loved to engage in silly prop bets for fun and profit.

Chump Change 09-25-2007 11:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
185 lbs at 5'8" is like really big for someone who is not morbidly obese or a NFL running back, it seems likely that his muscle mass far outstrips his stamina and this seems like an easy win for you...

[/ QUOTE ]

If that 185 was muscle mass he wouldn't be benching so little. OP stated it's not fat so this guy might be just, big-boned? I stand by my post, easy money.

Plus good point about the doping.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, what do you bench, Chump ... Change?

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno, I haven't worked out in years. Why do you ask? Btw how's your girlfriend doing?

Irish Mafia 09-25-2007 11:56 PM

lock of the century... as long as he's doing proper form push-ups on each rep.