Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MTT Strategy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Quick guide to satellite qualifying for big events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=469)

tnierescher 01-10-2007 03:14 PM

Re: Quick guide to satellite qualifying for big events

I am new and I am glad I read before playing alot of MTT's

(Thnks alot)

Truja 01-10-2007 05:18 PM

Adanthar, do you really like turbo sats? Isn't it more about luck?? And, I've read somewhere that 3R to the Million are good?? Great post BTW

Thanks
Jordi

PSUforever 01-17-2007 08:15 PM

Does strategy change for higher buyin rebuy satellites? I'm going to be playing in a live $100 rebuy into a $10K event and I'm not sure what strategy to apply yet. It'll probably be 100 people, 4-5 seats.

Tom Bayes 03-01-2007 02:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Adanthar, do you really like turbo sats? Isn't it more about luck?? And, I've read somewhere that 3R to the Million are good?? Great post BTW

Thanks
Jordi

[/ QUOTE ]

BUMPing a good pertinent thread...

I'll speak just for my limited experience with some of the $2/R, $3/R, and $5/R turbo rebuys on Stars, but they are extremely soft, even with the very fast structure. You often lose 25-35% of the field before break because people try to play on a single buy-in and lots of people play incredibly badly after the break. A big group of people underestimate how quickly the blinds eat their stack and get blinded away by not building their stack large enough. Another group of people get a hold of a stack large enough to win a ticket, but then get involved unnecessarily in pots and piss it away, not realizing that after a certain point, it's proper strategy to throw away any hand.

yad 05-22-2007 02:12 AM

Thanks for bumping -- fantastic thread.

I was wondering if there are any basic rules of thumb about how large a stack you need to just fold into the money. I've tried a few sats lately and feel like I'm miscalculating in the mid-late stages (well before the bubble).

mkind0516 05-23-2007 04:19 AM

So whats the best way to qualify for Aruba, if all UB sats generally pay 1 seat?

ASPoker8 05-23-2007 07:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So whats the best way to qualify for Aruba, if all UB sats generally pay 1 seat?

[/ QUOTE ]

be RandALLin

hagbard celine 05-28-2007 12:10 PM

Do you know of any good sats like the ones you mention on full tilt?

AC91 08-05-2007 02:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you know of any good sats like the ones you mention on full tilt?

[/ QUOTE ]

On sundays for tilt there are tons of sats to the 500K guaranteed, the $24+2, and the $50+5 are both pretty easy. Lots of times I'm able to win 2 seats with about $150 or so.

Danastasio1 10-06-2007 11:59 AM

Thanks for the wisom Adanthar, this was exactly what I was looking for; playing in one of the FTP 750k Sats tonight which I think will have a field of 1000+.