Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Puzzles and Other Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Average Speed XVII Game Thread (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=464155)

Supine 08-07-2007 06:49 PM

Re: Average Speed XVII Game Thread

No, it has more with interactions and voting records from earlier days to do.

Supine 08-07-2007 06:52 PM

Man i want to play another long game

bojtun 08-07-2007 06:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Alright I'm heading back to work. Kbar unless he comes back here and dazzles me or someone else goes off the wolfy charts.

I'd love to lynch UTRs for the first three days straight tbh.

Chuckles is the only Kbar voter I'm uncomfortable with right now and the way he worded his vote ... kind of a "don't blame me if he turns up villager" thing seems strange.

If kbar turns out village, we should look back at that.
If Kbar turns up wolf, we should still look back at that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me, D1. I'm voting a wolf.

bojtun 08-07-2007 06:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Funny how Eskimo got kick-started into Eskimo mode after GT's long post.

Even funnier is how he voted for me.

Eskimo - provide one reson for that vote.
Reference a quote, give me a summary of something. Anything.
Why fake-peek with VR since you would never peek VR N0?

The only thing you've said that I agree with is that Luckay could be a wolf.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me D1 shortly after. I agree that Wolf No. 2 could be a wolf with a person I've been arguing with.

bojtun 08-07-2007 06:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Luckay, please start being Luckaylike. Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me D1 in the midst of same argument with Eskimo.

bojtun 08-07-2007 06:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Let's Kill Kenny!

([vote kenny])

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf Luckay?

[/ QUOTE ]

Me D1 shortly after when Wolf No. 2 votes Kenny.

bojtun 08-07-2007 06:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
LuckayLuck

Provide some villagers. Do some villaging.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me, a little later.

bojtun 08-07-2007 07:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Theory time:

KBar is now back to being a good lynch.
1. If he's a villager, the people coming in here saying "OMG, not KBar" took advantage of the opportunity to try to make themselves look good and to put a vote on someone else without having to pay for it later.

2. If he's a wolf, the people coming in here saying "OMG, not KBar" took advantage of the opportunity make themselves look like wolves.

-------------

So, no one thought Eskimo over-reacted earlier?

[/ QUOTE ]

And more, a little later.

Supine 08-07-2007 07:01 PM

yeah I saw all these posts aswell. When referring to bojtuns d1 this is what I'm thinking about.

bojtun 08-07-2007 07:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Oh Luckay? pls to be Luckaying pls?

[/ QUOTE ]

you're going to have to get used to the new Luckay

Luckay,
we want the old Luckay back.

[/ QUOTE ]

it is better to give less reads and be more accurate than to give more reads and be less accurate

dustin-nez-kbar villagers

easy enough

[/ QUOTE ]

I much prefer the full-disclosure luckay.

All that list means is that if you are a wolf then it's likely that Kbar is as well and that's why you're listing him as your No. 3 villager.

[/ QUOTE ]

And the coup de grace of D1.

To think I'm a wolf you would have to believe that there was a wolf huddle and I said, "OK, Luckay and kbar, I'm sure you guys would love to play this game and have fun, but I'm going to do whatever I can to make sure you both look like crap or get lynched, so that I can win this all by myself ... yay me"

bojtun 08-07-2007 07:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
OK, I'm seriously getting mind-[censored] right now, unless Scott is a wolf.

Question for everyone: Why was it so hard to get Fish lynched last night?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is just the sort of thing I am talking about. It is throwing innuendo around. Why was it so hard? Because we don't know who is who. We have been going around in circles for days and you are seriously asking such an assinine question? And if you are so damn sure he was the right lynch yesterday and questioning people on it, why are you not voting for him now?

Supine, is the sort of logic from bojtun that has you convinced that he is a villager?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because I have no idea what the right lynch is -- which is why I'm still alive.

My first thought this morning was scott/fish. Both of their posts look terrible and made up. Fish - because, why would he wtf? at him being a lynch candidate. Scott, because it just sounds like complete BS.

Also, I have two major, major leaks in my game as a villager.

1. I'm really bad at clearing UTRs when they get to the point where they are being so UTR that they probably can't be wolves.

2. I'm a sucker for someone telling me how villagery I am. Shorty got me in ASXII like that, and there is a possibility (yuck) that Dustin did, too.

Eskimo also had Scott as a lynch candidate, talking about his absence being telling. LC also wanted to vote Scott last night - although I was starting to think LC was a wolf.

Which reminds me of something else: Who in this game was clearing LC when other people wanted to lynch his ass? Me, that's who.

His Barnes & Noble thing and lack of activity the past two days made me waver.

ScottHoward v3.1 08-07-2007 07:31 PM

nutjob, couple things
1. i see all your posts you dug up that you think clear you. are you going to tell me that you couldnt do any of that as a wolf? seriously?
2. i saw your reasoning why you think im a wolf. most are opinions. i mean, calling a post of mine bs is arbitrary really, and is an easy excuse. finding faulty logic would be a better reason.
3. back to your village posts, it strange that you could locate particular posts. perhaps i just dont have the recall to remember, oh yeah, i made that post or that post and when. i mean, i can remember some posts, but locating them takes some effort.
4. i wish i knew big words like fnord does so i could argue intelligently
5. i wont be voting for you today as you requested, because dustin being a wolf is why i thought you were as well. which leads me to 6....
6. humor me for a second, do think dustin can be a wolf?

now, all that being said, on the way home i realized i let some ego get in the way of clear thinking. fnord is right that if the both of you are village, one of you dies tonight, and im a moran. i guess i was afraid if i were killed, nobody would even consider the possibility.

i have a beer now, and im content waiting to see the lynch results, and who gets killed tonight. suffice it to say if im dead and the both of you are alive, we arent going to get screwed.

and for the record, you werent the only person clearing lc. i can find the posts if you like, but as mentioned, it will take some effort.

ScottHoward v3.1 08-07-2007 07:34 PM

oh, and to appease durr:

dustin

this will change

but if smell is around, perhpas he can put up a vote count. i think thats what durr is after.

Supine 08-07-2007 07:34 PM

quick, vote count and print screen

theSmell 08-07-2007 07:35 PM

for durron

<font color="red"> [1] bojtun voted for ScottHoward v3.1 </font>
<font color="red"> [1] DustinG voted for fnord_too </font>
<font color="red"> [1] fishmonger voted for fmxda </font>
<font color="red"> [1] fmxda voted for Supine </font>
<font color="red"> [1] fnord_too voted for bojtun </font>
<font color="red"> [1] ScottHoward v3.1 voted for DustinG </font>
<font color="red"> [1] Supine voted for fishmonger </font>

<font color="green"> 10:00 No good </font>
Majority Lynch = 4

durron597 08-07-2007 07:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
for durron

<font color="red"> [1] bojtun voted for ScottHoward v3.1 </font>
<font color="red"> [1] DustinG voted for fnord_too </font>
<font color="red"> [1] fishmonger voted for fmxda </font>
<font color="red"> [1] fmxda voted for Supine </font>
<font color="red"> [1] fnord_too voted for bojtun </font>
<font color="red"> [1] ScottHoward v3.1 voted for DustinG </font>
<font color="red"> [1] Supine voted for fishmonger </font>

<font color="green"> 10:00 No good </font>
Majority Lynch = 4

[/ QUOTE ]

classic.

Supine 08-07-2007 07:36 PM

so beautiful

ScottHoward v3.1 08-07-2007 07:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so beautiful

[/ QUOTE ]
i try

ScottHoward v3.1 08-07-2007 07:43 PM

so whos here? me and supine?

fmxda 08-07-2007 07:48 PM

I'm here

I don't really feel like I can change your mind Scott

And supine is likely a wolf

So I don't see the need to post

bojtun 08-07-2007 07:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
nutjob, couple things
1. i see all your posts you dug up that you think clear you. are you going to tell me that you couldnt do any of that as a wolf? seriously?
2. i saw your reasoning why you think im a wolf. most are opinions. i mean, calling a post of mine bs is arbitrary really, and is an easy excuse. finding faulty logic would be a better reason.
3. back to your village posts, it strange that you could locate particular posts. perhaps i just dont have the recall to remember, oh yeah, i made that post or that post and when. i mean, i can remember some posts, but locating them takes some effort.
4. i wish i knew big words like fnord does so i could argue intelligently
5. i wont be voting for you today as you requested, because dustin being a wolf is why i thought you were as well. which leads me to 6....
6. humor me for a second, do think dustin can be a wolf?

now, all that being said, on the way home i realized i let some ego get in the way of clear thinking. fnord is right that if the both of you are village, one of you dies tonight, and im a moran. i guess i was afraid if i were killed, nobody would even consider the possibility.

i have a beer now, and im content waiting to see the lynch results, and who gets killed tonight. suffice it to say if im dead and the both of you are alive, we arent going to get screwed.

and for the record, you werent the only person clearing lc. i can find the posts if you like, but as mentioned, it will take some effort.

[/ QUOTE ]

1. No f-ing chance. Add in the volume of posts I've made/me obviously trying to figure the game out - yeah, no f-ing way. I'm not that good of a wolf.
2. What? Which of my opinions about what you usually do as a villager do you refute?
3. How hard is it to scroll through the thread and find your own posts? Refute any of the posts I made.
4. worthless comment - trying to nudge fnord to stay on me, nice.
5. w/e
6. Is it possible? Of course. Dustin has said some things that have made me cringe. But I can find a lot of post he's made, a lot, that have made him look like a villager. Plus, you're the one who is making a case for Dustin ... so do it. Make the case. If he is a wolf, there is no possible way I'm his partner. None.

Scott, go ahead and convinve me you are a villager - with posts. The only thing you have been doing is stating opinions ... and now you are coming up with the grand conspiracy theory.

ScottHoward v3.1 08-07-2007 07:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm here

[/ QUOTE ]
wait, change my mind on what exactly?

bojtun 08-07-2007 07:49 PM

And fnord, keep your vote me if you want, but I apologize for the earlier personal comment.

fmxda 08-07-2007 07:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm here

[/ QUOTE ]
wait, change my mind on what exactly?

[/ QUOTE ]
You think boj and dustin are the most likely wolves.

I don't see what I can bring to the table that boj and others have already said

bojtun 08-07-2007 07:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Luckay seriously could have hemmorhaged all villagers.

[/ QUOTE ]

thats silly

everything he said on D2 we have to ignore

and everything he said on D1 we have to ignore too since he would have known he was peeked

[/ QUOTE ]

You're silly. We can absolutley look at it and try to interpret it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Scott this is one of many that are out there ... this is wolf/wolf convo? yeah right.

fnord_too 08-07-2007 07:57 PM

boj,

wolves fighting and calling each other out and even getting them lynched is not that uncommon on day one (or later). Maybe you never do it and maybe you do, but I read day one and saw your stuff and none of that made me go "wow, he's a villager, a wolf could never do that".

Things like
[ QUOTE ]
Because I have no idea what the right lynch is -- which is why I'm still alive.

[/ QUOTE ]

a few posts after a vague [ QUOTE ]
Question for everyone: Why was it so hard to get Fish lynched last night?

[/ QUOTE ] however make me go wtf? Note, the phrasing of your question is as if lynching fish was just clear cut, and has the implied "why didn't you all just do the obviously right thing?" Maybe you meant
"Qustion: what do you all think about last night's vote going to a coin flip? That seems kind of odd and I think it makes Fish more/less likely to be a wolf because &lt;insert some reasoning here&gt;" but that is far from what you said.

At any rate, here is something to think about: if one of Boj/Dusting and to a lesser extent fmx is not a wolf, why hasn't that axis been broken up with a night kill? If two of them are, why have they had this open love fest between them?

Also, the reason that supine has moved back into second is he looks today like he is trying to get into that love fest with some sychophantic lines like "I'll reread everything again scott and try to have an open mind, but realize that boj/dustin been my no1. villagers for the entire game by very logical reasons. Your argument is completely ridicoulos but the probability of it...I mean the wolves kind of deserve to win if its true. :&lt; "

fnord_too 08-07-2007 08:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And fnord, keep your vote me if you want, but I apologize for the earlier personal comment.

[/ QUOTE ]

&lt;non game related&gt;
I take no offense to anything said in a game. No need to appologize regardless of any role distribution.
&lt;/non game related&gt;

Supine 08-07-2007 08:03 PM

You're a [censored].

bojtun 08-07-2007 08:03 PM

fnord when I'm a wolf I find it really hard to talk to or about my wolfmates... I don't know about anyone else.

Plus, as a wolf, if I'm ever "caught" I really struggle with finding anything to say.

I'm not a wolf. Really.

Supine 08-07-2007 08:04 PM

How is THAT censored?!

ScottHoward v3.1 08-07-2007 08:05 PM

thats what im saying about the posts. i dont recall when i said what exactly, and i dont really think about using them to clear myself. i guess the big difference between me and most others is i dont clear anybody unless its due to some post that required effort and thought and is logically sound, or if i notice patterns(between games), which is hard for me because my memory isnt so great. all the talk of tone and villager posts is ridiculous imo. if somebody makes a bunch of "villager" posts, and then screams wolf, theyre more likely a wolf.
and as far as refuting your posts, im not sure what you mean. you made them, you say you couldnt make them as a wolf, i think you could. what else can i say?
regardless, this will get settled tonight really.

bojtun 08-07-2007 08:08 PM

Well, I played with villager Scott in ASXII who was meticulous and could instantly tell someone what they said and when. He was breaking the game down left and right, came into the thread each day with strong thoughts and opinions, called people out/accused them all game long.

Haven't seen that guy.

Just inny/outty.

ScottHoward v3.1 08-07-2007 08:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Luckay seriously could have hemmorhaged all villagers.

[/ QUOTE ]

thats silly

everything he said on D2 we have to ignore

and everything he said on D1 we have to ignore too since he would have known he was peeked

[/ QUOTE ]

You're silly. We can absolutley look at it and try to interpret it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Scott this is one of many that are out there ... this is wolf/wolf convo? yeah right.

[/ QUOTE ]
again, i always assume anything is possible. is that dustins post(the "thats silly ignore etc")? if so, whats so amazing about that that it cant be wolf/wolf?? its good cop/bad cop, fairly simple.

DustinG 08-07-2007 08:09 PM

I havent read anything

I thought we were in better shape than we were, but this village seems pretty screwed seeing the differing opinions.

But please listen to me here. There is a wolf in Fnord/Fish for sure. And if I had to pick one it would be Fish. So lets just lynch them both the next two days and Fmx thinks it Supine and Bojtun thinks its Scott. OK whatever. I don't think Supine is capable of doing a lot of things hes done as wolf, and I dont think Scott is a wolf either, so its probably just Fish/Fnord ftw.

Scott, I read your post on me. I agree that my d2 kind of sucks a little. I also agree that I've changed my mind several times on different people over the course of the days. Basically, if I post enough its natural that you'll find stuff that looks bad.

But you over-looked a ton of stuff that makes me a villager, especially I think my GT1T interactions D1. I was bringing suspicion to GT1T on D1 before anybody else was.

DustinG 08-07-2007 08:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, I played with villager Scott in ASXII who was meticulous and could instantly tell someone what they said and when. He was breaking the game down left and right, came into the thread each day with strong thoughts and opinions, called people out/accused them all game long.

Haven't seen that guy.

Just inny/outty.

[/ QUOTE ]

bojtun please dont go

bojtun 08-07-2007 08:10 PM

Vote me then.

I'm seriously going to be busy at work ... I'll keep checking in here.

ScottHoward v3.1 08-07-2007 08:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
fnord when I'm a wolf I find it really hard to talk to or about my wolfmates... I don't know about anyone else.

Plus, as a wolf, if I'm ever "caught" I really struggle with finding anything to say.

I'm not a wolf. Really.

[/ QUOTE ]
nutjob, really, the "i would never do this or that as a wolf" means nothing. anything is possible.

DustinG 08-07-2007 08:13 PM

Bojtun,

you have to agree that Fnord/Fish contains a wolf. Also, look at D1 Kbar/Scott interactions. Its possible that Scott backed himself into a corner and couldn't get out of voting Kbar once, but its more likely that Scott is a villager.

We lynch Fish and Fnord and if you still think Scott is a wolf in the final 3 you can lynch him then (which would probably be wise &gt; supine)

ScottHoward v3.1 08-07-2007 08:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Just inny/outty.

[/ QUOTE ]
another falsehood, i dont recall ever saying "inny" this game, or any other game ever, like, at all
outty, sure, i say it all the time

DustinG 08-07-2007 08:16 PM

everyone today wants to go after their favorite pet wolves instead of looking at the big picture.

The picture is finding 4 villagers and then lynching the other 3. Can we agree that this at least what we should theoretically be doing in this spot?