Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Puzzles and Other Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Average Speed XVII Game Thread (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=464155)

ScottHoward v3.1 08-07-2007 04:03 PM

Re: Average Speed XVII Game Thread

here
(its a little rambly because i didnt have much time to type it up before i head home):
everybody read this, then read dustin/nutjob

all
I was waiting for nutjob to show up to ask him this question (for a reason), and now that hes shown up, I don’t need to ask him any more. ill just tell you all:
im almost certain dustin is a wolf
the problem I was having is trying to figure out his partner, but with nutjobs posts today, I would say nutjob is the answer.
we are all standing around trying to figure out who the two last wolves are, and we cant, and its because we are listening to one of them. if the game ended right now and we found out dustin and nutjob were the two wolves, wouldn’t that make perfect sense?
this may be why eskimo was killed, because they are running out of “cleared” villagers to kill. if they killed lastchance instead of eskimo, who gets killed tonight? lastchance first then eskimo would get us to thinking about why eskimo instead of dustin or nutjob. but eskimo first confuses everybody.

last night dustin agreed with lastchance after lastchance said he would like to vote for me. this was out of the blue, and surprised me, and got me to thinking about dustin. the entire game dustin has been flip flopping back and forth on a lot of people yet we are basically following him around blindly.

id like everybody to reread dustin and nutjob with the mindset they are wolves and tell me where it just cant be true.

really, what has nutjob done that we, and dustin especially, have him so high as village? what has dustin done?

for example, this is what I remember from dustin the day luckay was lynched. dustin comes in and says gee wow who would kill enny?(he did the same thing after eskimo was lynched, and its odd, and I think he went to the well once too many times). dustin votes for chuck, then eskimo says hes voting luckay and not changing, and dustin flops onto luckay saying “good point” or something. then later, after its suggested we wait to lynch luckay so we can all get our posts in, dustin unvotes. hes being quite a follower, and I think this is the reason we have been such sheep this game. hes touched on everybody a little and then went in a different direction, but again, we kinda always end up where he wants us. he even said it today “im happy with my lynches” or whatever.

another example, early yesterday I made a post about how supine almost has to be village, he agreed, especially with part 2 of the post, which was that supine was village, then later he votes supine. he played supine on both sides, we all saw it, and we assume hes just trying to win, when in effect hes just conning us all, or at least trying to.
this was dustin exact reply about supine:
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
so you all agree with my two points regarding the night kill(especially #2)?

[/ QUOTE ]
i dont think we necessarily lynch eskimo today
but I do agree about supine

[/ QUOTE ]
later same day he votes supine.
hes basically playing the “golly gee im sush a lost villager” card on us. each day he so sad he wasn’t killed, and hes so confused.

all, especially fnord,fish,supine (because these are the people hes trying to railroad along with me), if youre village, and at this point im believing you all are for sure, reread dustin and nutjob

also note, this post practically guarantees dustin and nutjob vote for me today (nutjob already is, and note his awesome reasoning, none), and with the way wagons have been going, others will be hopping on just to save themselves, so you have to see how strong I feel about this. some of you think im teh suck at ww, but regardless, here we are without a clue. somebody from dustins targets gets lynched today, but it probably wasn’t going to be me. i could have easily voted one of you guys off, no questions asked.
what else would be telling is if in fact dustin does vote for me. hes been trying to coax us into a fnord/fish wagon all day, surely somebody suspecting him wouldn’t change his mind about that, right?

of course, the above may sound totally insane, but whatever, I dont think it is. all I ask is that you all read dustin and nutjob and then vote.

so many things make sense if its dustin nutjob, hopefully you all see that.
im heading home in 20ish minutes. feel free to comment.

bojtun 08-07-2007 04:17 PM

Hi wolf.

ScottHoward v3.1 08-07-2007 04:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi wolf.

[/ QUOTE ]
wow, thats a shocking comeback
i didnt expect that at all

bojtun 08-07-2007 04:26 PM

Scott, that joke of a post and your pre-emptive drivel in your first post of the day are really kind of a letdown, tbh.

I would expect a better performance.

fnord_too 08-07-2007 04:26 PM

Scott,

I will try to get a reread in. I am perfectly willing at this point to go bojtun today. His posts today are pretty bad. If he is a villager, he is resorting to innuendo (above post) and voting without stating his reasoning, which is just awful at this stage. If he is a wolf he is resting on his laurels because he thinks he is cruising.

Dustin has certainly said some things I don't like. I would have rather the wolves resolved him by eating him, but it looks like I am stuck rereading the whole goddamn game now.

God that 'hi wolf' post blows.

Supine 08-07-2007 04:26 PM

Don't make me rip my pubic hair.

I'm on page 4, still d1, and boj/dustin together with kbar/gt1t just doesn't make sense at all. Not only throwing a fellow wolf under the bus, but putting mass pressure on gt1t aswell?

bojtun 08-07-2007 04:27 PM

If anyone thinks I'm a wolf. Vote for me right now.

fnord_too 08-07-2007 04:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Scott, that joke of a post and your pre-emptive drivel in your first post of the day are really kind of a letdown, tbh.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, see no villager can clear anyone here completely. The pre-emptive point is fine, but that's the stuff you need to be saying, but haven't been.

bojtun 08-07-2007 04:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, see no villager can clear anyone here completely. The pre-emptive point is fine, but that's the stuff you need to be saying, but haven't been.

[/ QUOTE ]

No. That's what wolves do.

Repeat, anyone who thinks I'm a wolf vote me right now.

ScottHoward v3.1 08-07-2007 04:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
but that's the stuff you need to be saying, but haven't been.

[/ QUOTE ]
and its too late now imo

ScottHoward v3.1 08-07-2007 04:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
shh, theyre all rereading (hopefully)

ScottHoward v3.1 08-07-2007 04:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't make me rip my pubic hair.

I'm on page 4, still d1, and boj/dustin together with kbar/gt1t just doesn't make sense at all. Not only throwing a fellow wolf under the bus, but putting mass pressure on gt1t aswell?

[/ QUOTE ]
pay attention to dustin day 2

fnord_too 08-07-2007 04:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No. That's what wolves do.

[/ QUOTE ]

what, wolves give reasons for their votes, and villagers just vote with out it and rattle of day one quips when it is one day from must lynch? wtf. Also, did you miss the part where everyone is pretty uncertain about things and doing rereads? This post is just awful, it serves no villager purpose, kind of like about all your posts today.

bojtun 08-07-2007 04:35 PM

You're right Fnord. I've been busting my ass this entire game, while you've been doing jack squat and now I'm a wolf. Congratulations.

bojtun 08-07-2007 04:39 PM

Look

Villager Scott.

1. Actually tries to figure out the game.
2. Pokes, prods, pushes people.
3. Would have had a completely different reaction to my vote.
4. Doesn't come in here with that BS post at the start of D1.
5. Has a freaking opinion and vote last night.
6. Doesn't just keep popping in to say I'm inny or I'm outty.
7. Certainly doesn't wait around for people to be in the thread without posting whatever he thinks the previous day meant, who might be villager, who might be wolf.

And I've been saying all these things while thinking he's a villager - because of kbar only - most of the game.

ScottHoward v3.1 08-07-2007 04:39 PM

ok im outty, please all reread

at the very worst case,if you somehow decide they have been villagery, ask yourself if nutjob has been more villagery than me. then ask yourself why dustin has nutjob as cleared and im voteable.

see yas in a couple hours

bojtun 08-07-2007 04:40 PM

4. is BS post from start of today

bojtun 08-07-2007 04:40 PM

Scott, vote someone.

Supine 08-07-2007 04:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think Luckay makes a lot more sense than Nez for Neil to peek too

and he never would make that joke as the seer. His Nez peek was an attempt to cover that.

I agree, turbo lynch and new day.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dustin seriously posts this early d2?

Also on d1 I found like 30 quotes which I think makes boj/kbar/dustin/gt1t/luckay impossible, or they had reeaaally great foresight.

theSmell 08-07-2007 04:42 PM

[0] bojtun voted for ScottHoward v3.1
[0] DustinG voted for fnord_too
<font color="red"> [1] fishmonger voted for fmxda </font>
<font color="red"> [1] fmxda voted for Supine </font>
<font color="red"> [1] fnord_too </font>
<font color="red"> [1] ScottHoward v3.1 </font>
<font color="red"> [1] Supine voted for fishmonger </font>

<font color="green"> 10:00 No good </font>
Majority Lynch = 4

fnord_too 08-07-2007 04:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You're right Fnord. I've been busting my ass this entire game, while you've been doing jack squat and now I'm a wolf. Congratulations.

[/ QUOTE ]

I give up, you just keep using logical fallacies in a manipulative way. (Ad Hominem quoted). This pisses me off greatly if you are a villager. You really want me to vote for you, fine:

bojtun

probably not changing, but rereading.

Supine 08-07-2007 04:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This Luckay talk is mind-boggling.

1. Kenny was a seer.
2. Kenny made an "If I'm the seer" post.
3. He said Luckay is a wolf.
4. If that was not his peek, Kenny will be pummeled in the post-game.
5. Luckay is getting his head lynched off. EOD.

So him not listing Luckay means nothing. Check his reaction when I asked if we could get a Luckay wagon going late yesterday. Him listing Nez as 99 percent village is the only other possible peek and that's because Nez was being 99 percent villager yesterday.

If the wolves luck-boxed Kenny and Nez was his peek, and Luckay is village, oh well.

[/ QUOTE ]

No seriously, its impossible boj is a wolf.

ScottHoward v3.1 08-07-2007 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think Luckay makes a lot more sense than Nez for Neil to peek too

and he never would make that joke as the seer. His Nez peek was an attempt to cover that.

I agree, turbo lynch and new day.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dustin seriously posts this early d2?

Also on d1 I found like 30 quotes which I think makes boj/kbar/dustin/gt1t/luckay impossible, or they had reeaaally great foresight.

[/ QUOTE ]
supine, did you miss the part where dustin first wondered aloud who would kill kenny, then decided it was chuckles and voted for chuckles, then gave some minor reasoning why it chuckles? it was only after eskimo brought up luckay that dustin then switched over and started talking about the seer peek, which is basically repeating what eskimo said.
do i see things differently than all of you?

Supine 08-07-2007 04:49 PM

Yes, I think you do.

ScottHoward v3.1 08-07-2007 04:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

1. Kenny was a seer.

So him not listing Luckay means nothing. Check his reaction when I asked if we could get a Luckay wagon going late yesterday. Him listing Nez as 99 percent village is the only other possible peek and that's because Nez was being 99 percent villager yesterday.

If the wolves luck-boxed Kenny and Nez was his peek, and Luckay is village, oh well.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
supine, do you think the wolves realized luckay gets killed day 2 or not? if you say no, then i can understand your thinking, but if yes, wolves will surely be trying to look good day 2, and you have to realize they would make posts like that.

ScottHoward v3.1 08-07-2007 04:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, I think you do.

[/ QUOTE ]
i guess thats quite possible

Supine 08-07-2007 04:51 PM

Look I understand your reasoning, but both dustin and bojtun really push and argues against luckay d2, kills kbar without much doubt, and finally dustin early on brings up gt1t as a possible wolf.

this is luckays villagerlist: (his wolflist was 5 villagers)

VILLAGERS:

LuckayLuck
ScottHoward+++++
Lastchance+++
Nez+++
Dustin++
Chuckles
Bojtun

You look as bad here as boj and dustin do, except you did not sound as much vilalger as they did d1/d2. There is now way they are getting lynched today and you know it.

bojtun 08-07-2007 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

1. Kenny was a seer.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
supine, do you think the wolves realized luckay gets killed day 2 or not? if you say no, then i can understand your thinking, but if yes, wolves will surely be trying to look good day 2, and you have to realize they would make posts like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Piece it together with me re: Luckay D1 please.

Then come back in here and tell me why I voted wolf kbar on D1 and pushed wolf Luckay as well, while protecting Kenny?????

Supine 08-07-2007 04:54 PM

I'll reread everything again scott and try to have an open mind, but realize that boj/dustin been my no1. villagers for the entire game by very logical reasons. Your argument is completely ridicoulos but the probability of it...I mean the wolves kind of deserve to win if its true. :&lt;

ScottHoward v3.1 08-07-2007 05:00 PM

please do supine, and with an open mind.
also, nutjob certainly has come alive today, hasnt he? nice
see yas

fnord_too 08-07-2007 05:21 PM

up to noon on day two, hating this game but not hating my current vote yet.

fnord_too 08-07-2007 05:58 PM

Thoughts from my drive home.
I really don't see how scott is a wolf here. I know I am village, so you can choose to ignore this post until that is confirmed but here is my reasoning:
If scott is a wolf, he has to be a wolf with fish or supine, or else he would have no incintive to be attacking dustin and boj, it is just a low percentage play when he can sit back and watch 2-3 of dustin's 4 suspects get killed. If he is a wolf with one of those, he made some really bad night kills, and I don't think he fubars the game with that much FPS.

theSmell 08-07-2007 06:00 PM

6-way flip ftw

<font color="red"> [1] bojtun voted for ScottHoward v3.1 </font>
[0] DustinG voted for fnord_too
<font color="red"> [1] fishmonger voted for fmxda </font>
<font color="red"> [1] fmxda voted for Supine </font>
<font color="red"> [1] fnord_too voted for bojtun </font>
<font color="red"> [1] ScottHoward v3.1 </font>
<font color="red"> [1] Supine voted for fishmonger </font>

<font color="green"> 10:00 No good </font>
Majority Lynch = 4

Supine 08-07-2007 06:03 PM

Yeah lets stay here. night at once plz

fmxda 08-07-2007 06:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thoughts from my drive home.
I really don't see how scott is a wolf here. I know I am village, so you can choose to ignore this post until that is confirmed but here is my reasoning:
If scott is a wolf, he has to be a wolf with fish or supine, or else he would have no incintive to be attacking dustin and boj, it is just a low percentage play when he can sit back and watch 2-3 of dustin's 4 suspects get killed. If he is a wolf with one of those, he made some really bad night kills, and I don't think he fubars the game with that much FPS.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is good logic even if we consider fnord a possible wolf, because ScottH surely doesn't mind throwing fnord under the bus when its 5 villa to 2 wolves

fmxda 08-07-2007 06:18 PM

Then again, perhaps Scott is on level 2, but did not anticipate getting retaliatory heat from bojtun.

Nah, I think fnord's logic works.

fnord_too 08-07-2007 06:29 PM

Just got done with day 2. I am not sure why dustin latches on to bojtun as village, because I sure as hell don't see anything particularyly villagery there. I don't think that is support for dustin/boj combo, really, just like he put on villager blinders. I may be biased at this point, but I see a lot of crap coming out of bojtun the first two days that is wolfy as hell.

Right now, I would say boj/supine, but going onto day 3.

bojtun 08-07-2007 06:31 PM

OK, I'm seriously getting mind-[censored] right now, unless Scott is a wolf.

Question for everyone: Why was it so hard to get Fish lynched last night?

durron597 08-07-2007 06:41 PM

*** NOT PLAYING ***

consider this my official request for scott to vote for dustin (at least temporarily)

please note i have no idea what role anyone is

*** NOT PLAYING ***

fnord_too 08-07-2007 06:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OK, I'm seriously getting mind-[censored] right now, unless Scott is a wolf.

Question for everyone: Why was it so hard to get Fish lynched last night?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is just the sort of thing I am talking about. It is throwing innuendo around. Why was it so hard? Because we don't know who is who. We have been going around in circles for days and you are seriously asking such an assinine question? And if you are so damn sure he was the right lynch yesterday and questioning people on it, why are you not voting for him now?

Supine, is the sort of logic from bojtun that has you convinced that he is a villager?