Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   SSNL [LIFE] THREAD AUGUST (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=466206)

Cue-Ball 66 08-13-2007 04:24 AM

Re: SSNL [LIFE] THREAD AUGUST

[ QUOTE ]
Brag!

I see everyone is talking about girls and what not so I thaught I would throw my story in.

Thursday night I went out to this girl I used to hook up withs bithday. And then this girl, I would pin her at a 9, came to the party. I was already drunk so it was no problem to pick her up. So the night winds down and the girl that had her birthday party pulls the other girl over, which turned out to be a friends roomate or some [censored], and tells her that I have a gf and that I used to "date her".

The next few minutes are a bit blury but I remember her leaving the bar and I actually ran after her, which I have never done, usually just dont care. When I caught up to her she was actually crying. So I talk to her some more over some food which she baught, explained that i would be single in a week when I dump my current gf. When she went home I asked her for her number...

"I think your really cute, can I grab your number?"

"... but you have still have a gf!"

"Thats ok ill call you in a week when im single..."

"ok, here it is"

[/ QUOTE ]

gg nh wp

Kilillan 08-13-2007 07:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Micki got asked out (not by me obv)

[/ QUOTE ]

did she say yes?

if so, major beat.

4_2_it 08-13-2007 09:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

did she say yes?

if so, major beat.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, seems like she gave kolo a couple of months to make a move..........

fees 08-13-2007 09:12 AM

tufat, come to philly and goto temple, its super cheap, like 10k/year, they have goot business school, and the city is balla

4_2_it 08-13-2007 09:28 AM

Okay, here's some movies that I watched while my wife and kids have been out of town.

Syriana -- Really didn't care for it. Too slow and convoluted. They should have trimmed 30 minutes or eliminated the Damon character.

The Illusionist -- One of the better movies I've seen in a while. It's a chick flick that has a decent plot and enjoyable acting. Ed Norton and Paul Giamacccdinao elevate this from average to very good.

The Prestige -- Good movie from the Nolan brothers who tried too hard to find twists and the foreshadowing (wife says she can tell which days he loves her) was very lazy. Also a little long, not every movie has to be over 2 hours to be enjoyable. Huge Jackman and Christian Bale really didn't make me feel like they were showman or magicians.

Ghostrider -- Another movie that is too long. Good popcorn flick. Nice to see Pater Fonda getting work.

300 -- If you ignore the plot holes and just realize that you are watching a comic book (okay graphic novel) brought to life then it is a pretty cool movie. It really doesn't have a high rewatchability factor for me like a Pulp Fiction, but still a good movie. For me, the part that reached true cinematic excellence is in the final scene, the disfigured traitor's cringe when Leonidas tells him, "I hope you live forever" was a nice touch.

kolotoure 08-13-2007 09:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

did she say yes?

if so, major beat.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

She said no

4_2_it 08-13-2007 09:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

did she say yes?

if so, major beat.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

She said no

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you have another date with her?

kolotoure 08-13-2007 09:48 AM

No as i can't talk to her without blushing/giggling

Sciolist 08-13-2007 09:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
No as i can't talk to her without blushing/giggling

[/ QUOTE ]