Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   2007 SEC Football Thread (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=488659)

time4adrank 10-28-2007 12:50 AM

Re: 2007 SEC Football Thread

[ QUOTE ]
What does this mean for the SEC? Is it overrated?

[/ QUOTE ]

i've been thinking about this recently, but the more i think about it, it seems like this would only prove the conference's strength: that every team in the SEC is good enough to have a shot at another SEC team on any given Saturday (with the exception of ole piss, ldo)
but i can see how the argument could swing the other way, too, about how there's no clear winner, especially in the east.

Gregatron 10-28-2007 12:54 AM

11 out of 12 teams may end up going to bowls. Sick.

Austiger 10-28-2007 01:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think that's possible, is it? I understand that 11 might be eligible, but there aren't enough bowls.

Gregatron 10-28-2007 01:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think that's possible, is it? I understand that 11 might be eligible, but there aren't enough bowls.

[/ QUOTE ]
EDIT: I'm dumb.

At most, I think nine teams could make it.

MyTurn2Raise 10-28-2007 03:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is the year Florida is down. They struggled to bring in the talent during the coaching turnover. They're a little short on experienced talent this year.

They're still a good team, but 9-3 seems to be the likely upper end on their achievements this regular season unless Meyer can inspire them to overachieve.

[/ QUOTE ]

is it ok for me to know longer be known as a Gator hater, but just a guy who got pretty lucky seeing how things would turn out

[ QUOTE ]

Stafford played ok

the trouble was the freshman on the o-line. a few more games and they'll be fine

[/ QUOTE ]

SoloAJ 10-28-2007 03:31 AM

MT2R, you'll always be a gator hater in my eyes, but I respect.

barryc83 10-28-2007 09:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Apparently Ryan Perriloux got arrested tonight(again).

[/ QUOTE ]
No arrests.

[/ QUOTE ]

I keep hearing this rumor from non LSU fans and then LSU homers tell me its not true.

barryc83 10-28-2007 09:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
barryc83- are you going to the iron bowl this year? just wondering b/c it seems like our bet has a good chance of coming down to that game

[/ QUOTE ]

Theres like a 10% chance. The very few people I knew at AU are gone and Im cheap. I also live ~600 mi away.

Since Bama beat Tenn Ive been thinking that the iron bowl could decide who gets a freeroll in a bowl game. The problem after this weekend is that it now looks like State and UGA can easily beat Bama and Auburn. Im not predicting that it happens, but before this weekend I was pretty confident that Bama and Auburn would win those games.

Gregatron 10-28-2007 10:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Apparently Ryan Perriloux got arrested tonight(again).

[/ QUOTE ]
No arrests.

[/ QUOTE ]

I keep hearing this rumor from non LSU fans and then LSU homers tell me its not true.

[/ QUOTE ]
There was an "incident."

There were NO arrests. Thank you BRPD.

Perrilloux might be in trouble again. Too early to say. Speculation: a suspension.

http://www.wafb.com/Global/story.asp?S=7275430

TruFloridaGator 10-28-2007 11:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This is the year Florida is down. They struggled to bring in the talent during the coaching turnover. They're a little short on experienced talent this year.

They're still a good team, but 9-3 seems to be the likely upper end on their achievements this regular season unless Meyer can inspire them to overachieve.

[/ QUOTE ]

is it ok for me to know longer be known as a Gator hater, but just a guy who got pretty lucky seeing how things would turn out

[ QUOTE ]

Stafford played ok

the trouble was the freshman on the o-line. a few more games and they'll be fine

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I never doubted your prediction & I had said 3 losses from the beginning. UGA is a good football team when they don't have their heads up their asses.