Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Puzzles and Other Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Malloreon II: Return of the Rivan King GAME THREAD (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=301352)

lastchance 01-15-2007 02:58 PM

Re: Malloreon II: Return of the Rivan King GAME THREAD

LOL shorty + gt1t for thinking FCBL was villager up until the final day. Major mistake, IMHO, though I believed it too. One of you evils/neutrals needed to out all immediately and force the coinflip.

Great modding, good game. Good luckboxes this one.

HerbieGRD 01-15-2007 03:13 PM

I don't know if this is needed or not but - a couple of times this game I posted things that I realized after posting could be taken as mean or condescending or something. I really didn't mean them that way and I apologize if I upset anybody. I remember looking back on several of my posts and saying to myself "it really didn't sound like that in my head as I was typing it, I sound like an asshat". Anyways - I had fun playing with you all and hope that I didn't piss anybody off [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

LuckayLuck 01-15-2007 03:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
goddamitgoddamitgoddamititshappeningagainaments

[/ QUOTE ] still makes me lol

Zurvan 01-15-2007 03:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
goddamitgoddamitgoddamititshappeningagainaments

[/ QUOTE ] still makes me lol

[/ QUOTE ]

How much better would this game have gone had we lynched FCBL there?

fmxda 01-15-2007 03:38 PM

Thanks a lot for modding VR and Jared.

LVP: 2+2 servers.

GetThere1Time 01-15-2007 04:09 PM

Chim,

[ QUOTE ]

This game was really frustrating. The clowntable deal for one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously, I have no idea what this was all about but it was pretty retarded.

[ QUOTE ]
The Bluff/Chuckles/fake Toth thing.. what was that trying to accomplish except kill half our remaining players?

[/ QUOTE ]

Chuck was the Child of Dark at that point. Neutrals can communicate with the Child of Dark. Chuck claimed Toth. No one was refuting that claim. Hmmm something might be up? I think it was pretty obvious we were trying to keep Chuckles alive. I have no idea why Bluff felt the need to use his power until death with Chuck being the secondary bandwagon. Chuck would have lived ass the fake Toth for a while.

[ QUOTE ]
Yesterday if Shorty knew the roles why didn't he come out with "evils you have x and x left, we have to all vote y do so now with me and GT1T". I was at work and kept running to the office to see what bandwagon to jump on but it never happened. My mistake to not force it myself, but I was sure Shorty had some plan I hand't thought of. He even seemed content getting FCBL lynched with his "FCBL DONT SAY ANYTHING" post. Either way, I shoulda just came out and said it but I didn't wanna make a big error.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure us assuming FCBL was good was a big mistake but understand that if we lynch the child of light that round the game was a lock for us. FCBL didn't play like he was an evil trying to survive and since you two were the last wagons and the ones in jeopardy we could only assume that if our read was wrong one of you would have said something. Why? Because we figured chim was evil and if FCBL was evil, it was obvious you were [censored] anyway so the clear play was to force a flip. When no evils came out with this information we had to assume that FCBL was good. FCBL being the vote buyer makes this doubly bad since lynching the regular evil atleast makes things managable.

Tabako,

[ QUOTE ]

Chim's post is spot on. When watching the thread I was just waiting for shorty to come out and say something for the evils and neutrals to do, but it never happened. Without communication from shortline (after he killed half of their remaining team the day before), I couldn't really expect either of the remaining wolves to know what the neutrals were up to or how to act to bring it to coinflip.

[/ QUOTE ]

Again, read above. We knew we could bring it to a coinflip because we did the math. This info was available to all. It's the evils responsibly to take the initiative yesterday, however, because they were dealing with complete information regarding how much trouble they were inl information that we did not have.

[ QUOTE ]

Village won because of a lack of communication between the evils and the neutrals.

We basically had no idea what you were trying to do, ever since the day you outed FMXDA in thread (happened that I had peeked him that day and obv signaled my peek in thread, so we gained no information).

[/ QUOTE ]

Everything we did was basically common sense. We did whatever we could to help the evils without them outting themselves. To communicate with the evils we had to sacrifice a peek and we can't say what we're doing in the thread or the village will counter it. The Chuck/fake Toth play was a brilliant move imo (credit to Shorty.) With votees piled up on Chuck and Chuck faking Toth, there was a very obvious course of action.

We did everything we possibly could to keep the game level, which meant helping the evils most of the time. It's not our job to spell out what you had to do in big bold letters but we certainly laid down a path that only required a bit of though. You want frustrating? Try planning all day, every day to help the evils and stay hidden only to have them shoot themselves in the foot.

JaredL 01-15-2007 04:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I did want to thank VR and Jared for modding - the game was a lot of fun and I really enjoyed it.

One thing I thought was hilarious though: after I was "confirmed" I reread the rules and realized that nowhere in the rules or role descriptions did it say that it would be announced in thread if I was converted. I realized that if Shorty had converted me day 1 evils probably would have won the game outright. I also realized that there was a possibility that Shorty could use that fact to convince village to lynch me forcing the game to a coinflip. I send all of this in a PM to VR (mostly because I thought it would be really funny and didn't want for the mods to accidentally confirm me as good) and 30 minutes later JaredL mod-confirms me as good in thread. From what VR said afterwards I assume the mod-confirm had nothing to do with my PM. LOL mods.

[/ QUOTE ]

How did I mod confirm you? You mean announcing that Ce'Nedra was no longer convertible?

While I can't speak for VR, I think we had intended to announce that the convertibles had been converted. You also would have been able to join evil chat. We should add that to the rules.

fmxda 01-15-2007 04:19 PM

GT1T, you and shortline didn't set up any code or anything through which to communicate with the evils in thread? Did you guys decide it was too riskY?

BluffBlank 01-15-2007 04:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Chuck was the Child of Dark at that point. Neutrals can communicate with the Child of Dark. Chuck claimed Toth. No one was refuting that claim. Hmmm something might be up? I think it was pretty obvious we were trying to keep Chuckles alive. I have no idea why Bluff felt the need to use his power until death with Chuck being the secondary bandwagon. Chuck would have lived ass the fake Toth for a while.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't going to use it until death, but I thought if I could off two of them, evils would be better off, and possibly in a spot to win outright. After my first kill went through that day, I had a 50/50 shot at killing myself, so I took it, and didn't get lucky.

Thanks for modding VR/Jared, lots of fun.

tabako 01-15-2007 04:28 PM

GT1T, I totally understand what you are saying. Clearly the evils thought the neutrals were going to do something, and you thought that we should have taken the initiative (with good reason, as you outlined). I'm sure it was equally frustrating for all of us.

GetThere1Time 01-15-2007 04:29 PM

No code. We didnt feel it was necessary since Shorty could just communicate in the thread and it could only be a one way communication really anyway. We did however have ppl we messaged say key words to identify their roles. We had DMK say the phrase "c'est la vie" the second day to signal he was durnik to us and Chuck used the word "spineless" to signify that he was the child of dark. The was also an alternate word that the Child of Dark could have used if Chuckles was, in fact, good.

HerbieGRD 01-15-2007 04:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There are 4 followers of dark - Mengha, Naradas, and two ordinary bad guys. There are 2 neutrals - Cyradis and Toth. There are 11 followers of light - Belgarath, Ce'Nedra (no longer convertible)

[/ QUOTE ]
Jared,
This was what mod-confirmed me - I had no idea if you guys were planning to announce my conversion in thread or not. I really wasn't complaining or anything bad I just thought it was really funny that you made this announcement 30 minutes after I PM'd VR about the possibility that my conversion wouldn't be announced in thread. I think you both did a great job with the game

FCBLComish 01-15-2007 04:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
LOL shorty + gt1t for thinking FCBL was villager up until the final day. Major mistake, IMHO, though I believed it too. One of you evils/neutrals needed to out all immediately and force the coinflip.

Great modding, good game. Good luckboxes this one.

[/ QUOTE ]

*** Dead ***

How the hell did I completely fool Shorty and GT1T, and completely NOT fool the village????

GG all, thanks for Modding VR and Jared! It was a LOT of fun!!!

*** Dead ****

FCBLComish 01-15-2007 04:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
GT1T, I totally understand what you are saying. Clearly the evils thought the neutrals were going to do something, and you thought that we should have taken the initiative (with good reason, as you outlined). I'm sure it was equally frustrating for all of us.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was waiting for Shorty to do something. I was also waiting for Chim to get his vote off of me. I gambled that when I moved my vote to the same person that Shortline was voting, that would move Chim also.

As a rookie, I was not sure if outing myself would be a prudent plan of action. I was SURE that Shorty knew who I was, and was wondering why the hell he did not save me.

On the whole, I learned a LOT about how to strategize from this game. Many of my posts that seemed wolfy were me in fact trying to look completely from the village POV, and see what advice I could offer in thread.

I still do not know how GT1T was so obviously Toth. I cannot figure out why everyone knew it but me. I had focused in on KM or IY.

chim17 01-15-2007 05:11 PM

GT1T,

Bluff had the most votes.. clearly he was going to blow himself up.

The Toth play put Chuckles as #2 in votes.. I really don't understand it.. it doomed us right there. We couldn't lose half our remaining force in one day. I think that play ensured we would just have two of us left, which is a really bad situation.

I understood I err'd in not coming out yesterday.. but I was so floored by what had happened combined with Shorty saying "FCBL DONT SAY ANYTHING" and then him sighing when he did and then not doing anything. I really assumed that FCBL was known by Shorty at the time. Irregardless, I should have come out at that point but I was certain something else had to be up.

GetThere1Time 01-15-2007 05:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The Toth play put Chuckles as #2 in votes.. I really don't understand it.. it doomed us right there. We couldn't lose half our remaining force in one day. I think that play ensured we would just have two of us left, which is a really bad situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

What's so hard to understand? If we don't out Bluff you evils could theoretically win that night (bad for us neutrals.) Bluff DIDNT HAVE TO BLOW HIMSELF UP. Nothing was ENSURED. We were increasing our chance to win and giving Chuck cover at the same time to rpotect the evils. Chuck would have lived as the fake Toth for quite a while had Bluff not exploded.

dmk 01-15-2007 05:29 PM

sorry i didn't follow your guys' requests [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

i didn't feel like being a hostage [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

traz 01-15-2007 05:34 PM

Village took too long to kill bluff anyways, he shoulda died day 1 :P

GetThere1Time 01-15-2007 05:37 PM

lol it was worth a go [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

dmk 01-15-2007 05:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol it was worth a go [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

hey, i guess it worked on the other side [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

chim17 01-15-2007 05:44 PM

You have to assume Bluff is going to go nuts before he dies. Mengha peacefully gets lynched about 0% of the time.

GetThere1Time 01-15-2007 05:53 PM

Chim, now you're just being unreasonable. Even Bluff realized that its better for him to stay alive there. Anyone would realize that. He just made a bad judgement call on whether to gamble gamble or not. If you would keep firing demons until you die with your partner being the secondary lynch with cover as fake Toth, its very lol.

chim17 01-15-2007 06:00 PM

Maybe.. I just think our odds of winning without a few Mengha kills was very low.

I understand what you're saying, but, it is a kinda natural reaction for Mengha to go off. It was a good play by you guys, for you.. because you had an opportunity to eliminate Mengha without him helping evils win. However, I felt it was a pretty natural move to do.

If Mengha just dies there he needs to seem afk or it'll be pretty suspicious he didn't go off. If he can die without raising suspicion that would be the right play.. but in the heat of the battle it is common to go for the gusto.

Furthermore, we had a plan that if Bluff or FCBL got targetted we had to go for the win right there. Unfortunately, that night played out far too late and Mengha did not get a second kill in.

BluffBlank 01-15-2007 07:20 PM

I was stopping after two kills. fwiw. But I dont claim perfect strategy thinking there. Had shorty not outted me, there was no way I was getting lynched. I didn't expect to come back and see so many votes on me.

I also might have been drinking.

shortline99 01-15-2007 08:49 PM

i didn't save all my IMs from last night with lastchance since i moved to a different computer, but i noted a few mistakes the evils made. i think there were seven, so i'm gonna have to try to remember seven at this point.

thing 1: targeting me as mengha before the first evil chat. Not a good idea.

thing 2: targeting xorbie as part of your mengha targets, ESPECIALLY if you know he's vanillage, and especially since he's the wolfiest unconfirmed left hanging around.

thing 3: blowing yourself up as mengha when a wolf is #2 votes. chuckles might live for a long time if we out him as toth, especially since at that point the evil's vote power (actual, not face value) basically equaled the village at that point and one AFK villager could force the game for the evils (or perhaps the neutrals, the way we planned it out). you have to stop shooting after xorbie dies.

thing 4: DO NOT KILL ZURVAN AT NIGHT. HOLY CRAP. bad call.

thing 5: don't all claim vanillager. that's dumb. especially when you do it early. xorbie and IY NEVER claimed nillager. KM claimed very late. FCBL and Chim (and Toth, nearly out of necessity) were all claimed way too early.

thing 6: evils need to make the first move when it's time to roleclaim / try to lynch people off. if you're next on the block, like FCBL was, and are unquestionably the next lynch, SAY SOMETHING. alert us. i don't care what; we can't just assume the three wolfiest people in the game are wolves. sorry. we figured the evils were doomed in that scenario anyway.

thing 7: i can't remember this one. probably something to do with the votebuyer dying. i don't care what you have to do. don't let the votebuyer die, or you can't win. FCBL has to claim silk, liselle, SOMETHING.

FCBLComish 01-15-2007 08:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i didn't save all my IMs from last night with lastchance since i moved to a different computer, but i noted a few mistakes the evils made. i think there were seven, so i'm gonna have to try to remember seven at this point.

thing 1: targeting me as mengha before the first evil chat. Not a good idea.

thing 2: targeting xorbie as part of your mengha targets, ESPECIALLY if you know he's vanillage, and especially since he's the wolfiest unconfirmed left hanging around.

thing 3: blowing yourself up as mengha when a wolf is #2 votes. chuckles might live for a long time if we out him as toth, especially since at that point the evil's vote power (actual, not face value) basically equaled the village at that point and one AFK villager could force the game for the evils (or perhaps the neutrals, the way we planned it out). you have to stop shooting after xorbie dies.

thing 5: don't all claim vanillager. that's dumb. especially when you do it early. xorbie and IY NEVER claimed nillager. KM claimed very late. FCBL and Chim (and Toth, nearly out of necessity) were all claimed way too early.

thing 6: evils need to make the first move when it's time to roleclaim / try to lynch people off. if you're next on the block, like FCBL was, and are unquestionably the next lynch, SAY SOMETHING. alert us. i don't care what; we can't just assume the three wolfiest people in the game are wolves. sorry. we figured the evils were doomed in that scenario anyway.

thing 7: i can't remember this one. probably something to do with the votebuyer dying. i don't care what you have to do. don't let the votebuyer die, or you can't win. FCBL has to claim silk, liselle, SOMETHING.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the analysis Shortline. I will try to learn from my play in this game and will hopefully be better next time. I still cannot believe that you did not know who I was. My entire play was based on the fact that you would help me when the end was near. When you posted "DON'T SAY ANYTHING" I assumed there was an alternative plan, and continued along. My last minute Toth claim came from not knowing what else to do at that point. Chim's two votes were still on me and we could do nothing without him moving to someone else, preferably GT1T.

Again, all in all,an awesome game. Looking forward to Elections and STTNG!

-FNG

chim17 01-15-2007 09:00 PM

If we move to GT1T we're done anyways.

What really stopped me from doing something was Shorty's post about not saying anything. It spoke to me that he knew what was going on and would change it.

Still an error, I shoulda just done it. I think a handful of things went wrong this game.

Was fun, though, thanks VR and Jared.

Zurvan 01-15-2007 09:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW, if I live to the next day, I respond to every single post in the game with the words LYNCH FCBL unless that's the content of the given post.

lastchance 01-15-2007 09:28 PM

I don't think this was the 7th thing. I'll look back through my logs later. First six are right though.

sighing 01-15-2007 09:59 PM

MVP = me.

GG all (it's over, right?)

Boiler_bd 01-15-2007 10:33 PM

GG all, great job VR/Jared. Anytime you win this game outright we had to do a few things right. Well done fellow villagers.

Patton4 01-16-2007 12:29 AM

**** DEAD ****

Bad form everyone!!! [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

In a game of this magnitude it is always kind to let the Mods end it with a nice write-up before starting the postgame discussions!!!

P.S. Great game Jared and VR as usual!

P.P.S. GG Village!

**** DEAD ****

VoraciousReader 12-02-2007 12:40 AM

bump

dmk 12-02-2007 12:41 AM

bumping this is unacceptable w/out starting the following thread:

"Malloreon III: Sign-Up Thread"

soah 12-02-2007 12:42 AM