Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   STOP OVERPLAYING POCKET PAIRS AND WHINING WHEN YOU LOSE WITH THEM!1!!1 (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=693)

tomdemaine 12-01-2005 01:42 PM

Re: STOP OVERPLAYING POCKET PAIRS AND WHINING WHEN YOU LOSE WITH THEM!

[ QUOTE ]
This is not funny. Not at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong

Baloosh 12-01-2005 01:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

You're right and every poker calculator on earth that calculates these statistics is wrong. The experts that run this forum are wrong too, seeing how these stats are published in their books. The geniuses on the probability forum are also wrong. In fact, we're all wrong and morans (learn to spell, MORON!) and you're the only person here that knows how to play poker. Your 1600 posts clearly indicates that.

Or perhaps it just means you can type....

[/ QUOTE ]

Just when I thought this thread couldn't get any better. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Or maybe he's being level 2 sarcastic. :mindfuck:

Stealthy 12-01-2005 02:07 PM

I must not get dragged into a wind-up thread, I must not get dragged into a wind-up thread, I must not get dragged into a wind-up thread, I must not get dragged into a wind-up thread, I must not get dragged into a wind-up thread, I must not get dragged into a wind-up thread.

twoakers 12-01-2005 02:20 PM

I love this site. We can all read and respond to questions and thoughts that oftentimes have no resolution. Arguing about whether getting beat with 8-8 by two overcards is truly a "bad beat" is like trying to get everyone to agree on the BCS fiasco in college football. I hope there's never a resolution, because that wopuld ruin much of the fun. By the way, I agree that the pair is only about a 53% to 47% favorite -vs- two overcards, meaning in no way can this be called a bad beat.

udbrky 12-01-2005 02:47 PM

KQ needs 2 cards to improve. If it hits one of its outs, it's still an underdog to aces. A pair of aces is better than a pair of kings or queens.

The lower the pocket pair, the better possibility that overcards will flop. Petriv's Holdem Odds Book has the odds of overcards hitting the flop for any pocket pair on page 99.

NinjaMan 12-01-2005 04:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
KQ needs 2 cards to improve. If it hits one of its outs, it's still an underdog to aces. A pair of aces is better than a pair of kings or queens.

The lower the pocket pair, the better possibility that overcards will flop. Petriv's Holdem Odds Book has the odds of overcards hitting the flop for any pocket pair on page 99.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, quit being such a moran.

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

wdead 12-01-2005 04:53 PM

Re: STOP OVERPLAYING POCKET PAIRS AND WHINING WHEN YOU LOSE WITH THEM!1!!1

The best part of this thread is where the noobs try to respond with their faulty logic. [censored] noobs.

jman220 12-01-2005 05:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
People with less than 50 posts shouldn't be allowed to post, theyr'e always so dumb.

[/ QUOTE ]

If people with less than 50 posts aren't allowed to post, how will they ever get more than 50 posts?

[/ QUOTE ]

What's your point?

MattSuspect 12-01-2005 05:56 PM

User has been ignored

You are now ignoring this user. You will no longer see the body of any of their posts.

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] this forum

jman220 12-01-2005 06:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Petriv's Holdem Odds Book

[/ QUOTE ]

Your problem is that you are reading crap like this. Read a 2+2 book and maybe you can understand my math, moran.

I recommend this one:

http://www.bdids.com/images/PSAPbackb.jpg