Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Trip report: fight in Internet cafe (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=556423)

Fast Food Knight 11-29-2007 10:57 AM

Re: Trip report: fight in Internet cafe

FlyWF brings his self-righteous douchebaggery from the prison thread to this thread. Love it.

Luckyjimm, it sounds like you're doing better than some of your previous threads indicated. Keep it up and I hope things continue to improve.

luckyjimm 11-29-2007 11:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I spent six months there as a temp secretary, then came back two months later to work in the word processing department. I am a complete anomaly, having pretty much the education of the lawyers (though I'm from a more middle-class background) but, seemingly, so little ambition I'm happy to do a school leaver's job. So they don't know what to make of me.

[/ QUOTE ]

You've made statements like this before(overeducated/underachieving), and i'm not trying to be harsh when I say this, but do you ever stop to think that you might not be as smart/educated as you think you are. Blaming a lack of ambition seems like a very easy out for somebody who has not achieved very much.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yes, of course, absolutely. I did get a BA, MA and completed two years of a PhD at one of the best English departments in the country, but I've failed to do anything with it, and I'm not much of an original thinker.

Perhaps a link to Anacord's classic OOT thread would be in order?

leprous_hand 11-29-2007 11:59 AM

luckyjimm ... your trip reports make my day! I seriously want to take this opportunity to thank you for them.

quirkasaurus 11-29-2007 12:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I really enjoy the way that English people don't even realize how ridiculous they seem when they casually use caste-based insults.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you think it is ridiculous out of interest?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because it betrays a significant and deep personality flaw that you guys don't even have the good sense to be ashamed of your out-dated prejudices.

[/ QUOTE ]

i must of missed the part where jimm showed out-dated
prejudices...

your assuming he's prejudiced when he's merely describing
what happened is more offensive.

Christophers 11-29-2007 02:25 PM

Please never stop updating your blog.

FlyWf 11-29-2007 05:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
FlyWF brings his self-righteous douchebaggery from the prison thread to this thread. Love it.

Luckyjimm, it sounds like you're doing better than some of your previous threads indicated. Keep it up and I hope things continue to improve.

[/ QUOTE ]

As you well know, I bring my self-righteous douchebaggery to every thread.

Love,
Assani

SuperSnort 11-30-2007 03:27 PM

whats wrong with having gone to public school?

El Diablo 11-30-2007 03:52 PM

All,

Just to clarify. "public school" in UK = "private school" in America.

El Diablo 11-30-2007 03:54 PM

FFK,

"Luckyjimm, it sounds like you're doing better than some of your previous threads indicated. Keep it up and I hope things continue to improve."

Keep up!

edfurlong 11-30-2007 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
All,

Just to clarify. "public school" in UK = "private school" in America.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well thats just retarded.