Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes MTT (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=89)
-   -   63s level 1 WCOOP ME (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=523607)

betgo 10-16-2007 12:09 PM

Re: 63s level 1 WCOOP ME

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Didnt anyone else notice that villain is a complete donk and re-raised with AJ

[/ QUOTE ]

he got 63s to call, so I'm not seeing the problem here

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think the reraise was bad. A reraise is rarely much worse than a flat call. He also may have had a good read on me, and I raised in late position. I really don't like inflating the pot with unsuited high cards this deep though.

Funny how a lot people think reraising is a donk play, but flat calling isn't.

g-p 10-16-2007 12:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You can semibluff with low flush draw and pair, but I didn't want to set up bet/3-bet, because if you get allin, you are generally up against a set.

[/ QUOTE ]
if they usually have a set when you get allin, and they wide a much larger range than that then b3b is pretty good.

though i think with these stacks you can c/r and hope to get in the 4 bet to make them fold

betgo 10-16-2007 12:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have no problem with getting allin the first level of the WCOOP ME with this hand if it is a good play.

[/ QUOTE ]

As opposed to all the hands you don't want to get all-in with even if it is a good play?

"It's a good play to go all-in, but I'm going to fold because my hand is KK"

[/ QUOTE ]
If I bet pot/3-bet allin or 3-bet and push the turn, I pick up a big pot a lot. When I get allin, villain usually has a big pair (which is a coin flip), a set (which is like 3-1), or a strong draw (in which case either hand could be the favorite). I wasn't sure that was the right way to play with the money this deep, but it is not out of the question.

There was some reason why I played passively, given the deep money.

getballed 10-16-2007 12:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Didnt anyone else notice that villain is a complete donk and re-raised with AJ

[/ QUOTE ]

he got 63s to call, so I'm not seeing the problem here

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think the reraise was bad. A reraise is rarely much worse than a flat call. He also may have had a good read on me, and I raised in late position. I really don't like inflating the pot with unsuited high cards this deep though.

Funny how a lot people think reraising is a donk play, but flat calling isn't.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that flat calling is often worse than RR in general but inflating the pot against a winning player with AJo doesnt seem very smart.

auc hincloss 10-16-2007 12:56 PM

OK, if you reverse the hand and look at it from Villians perspective.....

what do you put villian (betgo) on here?

MP3 (t19950)
Hero (t19850)
Button (t19875)
SB (t20200)
BB (t21625)
UTG (t19225)
UTG+1 (t19750)
MP1 (t20000)
MP2 (t19375)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
4 folds, MP3 raises to t150, Hero raises to t400, 3 folds, MP3 calls t250.

Flop: (t875) 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 players)
MP3 checks, Hero bets t450, MP3 calls t450.

Turn: (t1775) 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 players)
MP3 checks, Hero bets t850, MP3 calls t850.

River: (t3475) 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 players)

eBo 10-16-2007 03:07 PM

AJ,KJ,QJ,JT,J9.

curtains 10-16-2007 03:19 PM

I'd bet around the size of the pot if not more on the river. You don't know this guy and how he plays poker, he might be incapable of folding any made hand at this point, unlike all genius 2+2ers. Bet 5k and they might get confused by your bet size and call you!

KingDan 10-16-2007 03:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd bet around the size of the pot if not more on the river. You don't know this guy and how he plays poker, he might be incapable of folding any made hand at this point, unlike all genius 2+2ers. Bet 5k and they might get confused by your bet size and call you!

[/ QUOTE ]

i think hes way more than 2x as likely to look you up for 2500 than 5k

KneeCo 10-16-2007 03:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed, I usually put in about 2000-2500, maybe bump it to like 3000 if the river is the Q/K/A of [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img];

I'd often go overbet if there river was a 6 though.

curtains 10-16-2007 04:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yea probably not the best spot to do this in retrospect.