Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   live misclick v. thetakeover 25/50 nl LIVE, 300bb deep... (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=523423)

thaaj 10-18-2007 09:12 PM

Re: live misclick v. thetakeover 25/50 nl LIVE, 300bb deep...

[ QUOTE ]
Good thinking players don't make light preflop resteals UTG+1 when they think UTG is weak. lol

Whoever said that that the takeover range is wider because the UTG's preflop bet is interpreted as weak is a donk.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol good read boss....now that the results have been posted u look like a bit of a donk, and i was pretty much dead on but nice read nonetheless...high level thinking there

FoxwoodsFiend 10-18-2007 09:18 PM

Re: RESULTS...

[ QUOTE ]

I've grown to loathe posting results on 2p2...but I called the cr, turn was a Q non spade, he shoved, I called, 32cc no good.

[/ QUOTE ]

for the love of god, stop posting thinly veiled brag hands!!!

dlpnyc21 10-18-2007 09:22 PM

Re: RESULTS... *DELETED*

Post deleted by dlpnyc21

jlocdog 10-18-2007 09:27 PM

Maybe you can post some hands that you push.... [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Keep posting. Your posts create good discussion. That is all that matters on a forum, right?

thaaj 10-18-2007 10:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Good thinking players don't make light preflop resteals UTG+1 when they think UTG is weak. lol

Whoever said that that the takeover range is wider because the UTG's preflop bet is interpreted as weak is a donk.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok i have to highlight how retarded this statement is. TO generalize like that about what "good" players dont do shows your complete lack of understanding basic fundamentals of the game. Nick knows he is seen as one of the best players in the game. If he thinks the utg is weak why the hell wouldnt he three bet knowing a) that the players behind him are going to respect his raise b) knowing there is a chance he can get a fish to call relatively light out of position in a deep game with a hand that is very hard to read. The fact that you think this is simply a "resteal" also shows your lack of basic understanding. It is plus ev to get a fish out of position in a deep game when your read is that he is weak. Poker is a game about putting yourself in as many plus ev situations as you can and constantly reevaluating your approach as the situation changes. ALthough "good players do not resteal utg+1 when they think utg opener is weak" in your 2 4 games doesnt mean that it doesnt happen in hsnl. I will reiterate that your above statement shows a complete lack of understanding for the type of advanced multilevel thinking that exists in hsnl. BTW ppl do not resteal for 200 dollars in a deep 25/50 game, ppl resteal late in donkaments. Stick to them.

AAismyfriend 10-18-2007 10:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no offense bro but they do and they should

[/ QUOTE ]

AcidKnight 10-19-2007 01:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I've grown to loathe posting results on 2p2...but I called the cr, turn was a Q non spade, he shoved, I called, 32cc no good.

[/ QUOTE ]
usually posting results doesn't matter, but I was just curious how the hand went down and what he chose to do if you flatcalled or shoved.

I guess we were right about him shoving the turn with a high frequency [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]