Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   The Official NBA Regular Season 07-08 Thread (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=509272)

kidcolin 09-26-2007 03:03 PM

Re: The Official NBA Regular Season 07-08 Thread

[ QUOTE ]
Has anyone heard more about AK's comment? Was his saying "I want to play in Russia" just a "Don't make me go back to Utah" or "I really want to leave the US"?

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe it translated as, "In Russia, basketball play you!"

ThaSaltCracka 09-26-2007 03:53 PM

kc, the tables have certainly turned eh?

SomethingClever 09-26-2007 05:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
SC,

If they net more than 25 wins I'll give you a dollar. I'd say 20 wins, but I'm a pretty stingy fellow.

I really think the O/U line is in the high teens / low twenties. I said 17 in my first post here. Might be more like 19.5 or so.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd like to think that Portland will win 17 games and get first pick in the next draft as well, but with the way things go in this town, I'm *positive* they will win too many games and get screwed.

ThaSaltCracka 09-26-2007 05:06 PM

Hey, leave already!

Artdogg 09-26-2007 05:13 PM

Couple things about Marion. He is out of his mind asking for 20 mil/year. He is the best role player this game has ever seen, but still a role player. He can't create his own shot and he shoots from his penis. I still love him though. Trading him for AK286 would be idiotic, trading him for Odom would probably make them better matched up against the Spurs and Mavs and worse off against the rest of the league. Sounds like a winner.

I dont see him getting traded.

tuq 09-26-2007 05:35 PM

He's just blowing off steam, but the sleepy NBA community is lapping it up (just check out the front page of the NBA section on espn.com). Remember that Kobe trade demand from a few months ago? Yeah, something like that.

[ QUOTE ]
Read McCallum's book on the 05-06 Suns (great book, BTW).

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, dealing with his insecurity could have been the biggest subplot in the book, with Stoudemire's looming presence being the only other major distraction that came to mind. D'Antoni imploring beat writers to slip in something nice about Marion so he saw the kudos in print, etc. It's a bit much. If I had one thing to say in his defense, it would be pretty exhausting to constantly hear that you're the subject of trade rumors, regardless of how accurate said rumors are.

EvanJC 09-26-2007 06:53 PM

Odom + Walton for Matrix + some random crap seems like it'd be good for both teams

Needle77 09-26-2007 07:33 PM

Just so everyone knows, the Nets are going to win the title and Sean Williams is going to be RoY. Not to mention Krstic for comeback player of the year.

Just so you know.

4thstreetpete 09-26-2007 07:34 PM

Wow I can't believe we here already, could've swore the season ended yesterday. This season is going to be awesome, I'm so excited.

Assani Fisher 09-26-2007 07:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Any good new white guys this year?

[/ QUOTE ]

Marko Belinelli- GS Warriors