Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   5/10 hu preflop decision for stacks with 88 (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=488195)

tubasteve 08-28-2007 03:04 PM

Re: 5/10 hu preflop decision for stacks with 88

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i mean, it ONLY applies if we know he will hit and run if he wins the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

how does that affect EV at all????

[/ QUOTE ]

because if the EV of calling his shove is +$50, and the guy will leave when he doubles up, you can extract more than $50 EV in the long run by folding anyway, so dont give him the option of walking out with your money on whats probably a coinflip.

jfish 08-28-2007 03:12 PM

i think you guys are ridiculously off, but apparently im in the minority. hit and runners dont play x amt of hands and leave. they play x amt of hands, leave, and play MORE HANDS at a later date. youll likely play him again at some point, him leaving here really has no bearing.

right?

edit: ive played like 200k hands of hu ive been hit and run more times than you can poss imagine.

jfish 08-28-2007 04:07 PM

somebody refute me pls.

DLizzle 08-28-2007 04:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
they play x amt of hands, leave, and play MORE HANDS at a later date. youll likely play him again at some point,

[/ QUOTE ]

you have more HU than I have but this is not true in my experience and I don't see why it would be true.

Anyway, do you agree that if you never play him again that what I am saying is true?

JReezy 08-28-2007 04:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think you guys are ridiculously off, but apparently im in the minority. hit and runners dont play x amt of hands and leave. they play x amt of hands, leave, and play MORE HANDS at a later date. youll likely play him again at some point, him leaving here really has no bearing.

right?

edit: ive played like 200k hands of hu ive been hit and run more times than you can poss imagine.

[/ QUOTE ]

have you played many of those hit n runners at a later date? my experience has been while theres still other fish to play, i have played very few of the guys that have hit n run me more than once because they go dump their money somewhere else.

ipokeder 08-28-2007 04:29 PM

ec10 just wanted to say [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Ship Ship McGipp 08-28-2007 05:40 PM

feels like a fold for sure

Pasterbator 08-28-2007 07:43 PM

people who do this show up with 22-JJ sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much.

you're ahead of most of those hands.

...or maybe i just run hot and always see the bottom of their range.